Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELLO MUMS & DADS  :)  NEW THREAD X  X  X

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Hiya

Yes there is a device that sucks the bogies out. I had one for Joe. You should be able to get them in the chemist. Cant remember what they were called though. I will hunt it out and let you know.

Just been up to Joe he has had another bad dream that i left him. he was sobbing and clinging on to me. We went to playschool today and he asked to come home 4 times. The lady who runs it is lovely and said she will give it till half term and reassess him. In some respects she thinks he is ready but he isnt in others so we are just going with the flow and see how he goes.

Love Kim x x x

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Woppa

Its called a Nuk nasal pump.

Love Kim x x x

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
FC Mel ~ i don't think you're being neurotic at all, if it puts your mind at rest then take Tarnnia to the docs.

Hope she feels better soon....and Katelyn too.

Vicky ~ i got a swim nappy from Mothercare....it's a reusable one rather than the disposible and it's been fine. Hope Toby enjoys swimming :) Good luck for your DH tomorrow...hope the op goes well.

SueL ~ i've got a craving for custard now ;D

Woppa and Lisa ~ hugs to your wee ones too.......hope they're both feeling themselves soon.

Chelsea ~ sounds like Patrick is keeping you wonderfully busy......i do love his middle name ;)

Jac ~ big hugs coming your way.....it's horrible to have money struggles but good luck. Maybe we should have a ff lottery syndicate!!!

Amanda ~ i was thinking about you Sunday, i went to my brothers and while we were waiting for the woolwich ferry we saw the red arrows off in the distance. Shame Millie got a fright though:-\

We're off to a new music group tomorrow......it's held at a cafe in the park that's been taken over by postnatal groups ;D Should be fun though.......then i've got my counsellor in the afternoon and on Weds i'm taking one of my doggys to a behaviourist!!! He's so frightened of fireworks.......i really need to do something about it.

I'm rambling a bit now!!!! Time for bed i think....hi to everyone

Lizzy xxxx

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
Ah Kim ~ poor Joe......(((((hugs))))) for you both, Lizzy xxx

·
Registered
307 Posts
Hi everyone,

I've just spent ages catching up on the last few pages of posts and now i can't remember what people put! ... apart from...

Woppa - Tesco's sell those snot sucker things.

Amanda - sorry Millie was upset by the jet plane. I took Rebecca to an air show last weekend and she was none too chuffed when the tornado woke her up either.

Vicky - i bought Rebecca's swim nappies from asda

SueL - I had a taste for custard when i was pg too.

Mel FC - hope Tarnnia's feeling ok soon.

Sorry! i can't remember anything else! Hi to everyone though, and i hope you're all ok.

I dragged DH off to the baby clinic tonight to get his head measured. He wasn't impressed! The doc suggested it cos Rebecca's head circumference is on the 2nd centile. While we were there, we got her weighed and she's lost weight this last fortnight. She also looks bad cos she's scratched all her face, clawing at her eczema, and she's got a funny rash on her tummy, so, all in all, not a happy visit!

Ive had some fun tonight, playing with a batch of playdoh i've made for school tomorrow. Even DH joined in!

Better go and get myself sorted for work tomorrow!

Gill xxx

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Morning :)

Feeling absolutely cack this morning, have had viral conjunctivitis since Saturday and its getting worse, it looks like Ian has smacked me one, its so bruised and swollen, is this normal ?  I went to the GP yesterday for some drops and she gave me "Chloramphenicol" drops ??? whatever they are, but this morning the eye is worse.....anyone else had this before and know if its normal.

The bottom part of the white of my eye is like jelly ??? :(  I'd show you but you'd not like it, I hate eyes when they are sick !

Anyway, bet selfish post today, sorry girls :(

Amanda xxx

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
Hi Amanda,
I am a sufferer of conjunctivitus on a regular basis at least 8 times a year some times bad sometimes not so bad xxx
Anyway I have had all the crap and gunk to squirt in my eyes, I find the best thing is hot water ( boiled first) and wipe the eye with cotton wool soaked in this. dunk the cotton wool till it is soaking then wioe across the eye (inside to out) then discard the coton wool straight away and repeat again with a fresh ball of cotton wool. do this 5 times at least a day.

Dont know if it will help but it helps me sooo much.

Hope you get better soon.

xxx Tinks xxx

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
Oh and try and keep anything that has been near your eye away from Millie, I have passed it onto my Son once before, and he was a nightmare with it xxxx

hope you feel better soon

Tinks xxxx

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
Amanda

Tinks has the best remedy really, sterile water clean in one wipe from inside out.

Well it must be a day for poorly people, i feel really ill this morning and just want my bed but of course i have Jessica wheeling about in her walker and wanting to play, i have spoken to Tony and he is coming home so i can get some rest, i dont really know what is wrong but i feel knackered and just crap, might be some sort of flu.

Catch up with all of you later if i can get out of bed.

Mel

x x

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dear Tinks & Jac & Mel

Thanks guys, the GP didnt mention anything about Millie yesterday so I'm glad you all have, thanks !!!  Having to wear my glasses and she does keep trying to pull them off. I'm doing the bathing thing too but was just using tap water, will now revert to cooled boiled water...opp's !!  Somehow a cold water press on my eye gives so much comfort.  I remember now that you had it too Jac...only a few weeks ago eh ??!   Feel like i've got a cold too so now you've all explained I realise this is part of it.

Mel.....you get well top hun, I could just go right back to my bed too but Ian has 3 appointments today so no chance :(  Get well hunny xxxxx  Ps.....perhaps I could run Millie over to your's for Tony to look after too !!!  ;D

Thanks girls, your all stars
Love Amanda xxx

·
Premium Member
6,624 Posts
Awww ((((Hugs)))) for Mel and Amanda - hope you both feel better as the day goes on.

As for me,  I have Dion zonked out on Diazapam!

I have Iestyn still zonked in his cot - been there since 7.30 last night!  I've had to go in and check on him a few times as he never really sleeps past 7am, maybe 7.30am at the very latest!

Trying desperately to write out my Christening invites and to try and get them in the post today!  Talk about leave things to the last minute, but only just really feel up to doing any organising after my sh*t couple of weeks.

Gill - I had to laugh at you getting your dh's head measured at Baby Clinic!

Hope everyone else is well,

Love,

Sue xxxxx

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Hi Mummies!

Some poorly mummies, Mel and Amanda - really hope you both feel better soon.

Vicky - Hope your DH's operation went OK today. I love the sound of the sing and sign classes. Is it to do with deaf signing?  I'd love Laura to learn to sign.

Kim - poor Joe. I think though that dreams/nightmares are quite usual at this stage. Because they remember more and process more as they learn more. He's taking in so much new information each day, and is starting to rely on himself to make sense of it rather than you. But he finds it hard to communicate anything making him anxious when he's active during the day, cos he's so busy playing, watching TV or whatever. So their brains "replay" things during the night. Awful to go through though - hugs for you both!

Katelyn and Tarnia. awwww hope you are both getting over the sick bug thing today.

Tinks - are you going to get a visit from Dawn next week????

SueL - funny thing going to a school for the first time. That normality you never thought you'd experience. 

Chelsea. Just Ahhhhh really !! Lovely to see your post!

I went into school with Laura this morning to hear her read. In year 1 they can have a parent go in from 8.55 - 9 15 once a week and you can read any book. It was so lovely and Laura really surprised me with her reading. I have to say I'm enjoying age 5 much more than I enjoyed age 4. But she has so much homework. reading homework everyday. 5 Maths homework assignments this week, handwriting homework and spellings homework. How working parents manage I've no idea.

Woppa - posted to you on the Rainbow thread.  BTW have you chosen a Godmother yet - I think there was a very vague and quiet rumour on our thread!!! ( ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D)

SueMJ - When is the Christening??? And is it at a church in Bristol??Really hoping I can meet you really soon (i.e. Sat!!)

Jac - How are things with you today. Laura did a poo on the toilet aged 3 and 9 months!!! Thought we were never going to get there (she had a phobia we think - always wanted training pants). I think your boy is really exceptional!!

Fee xxxxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
Fee, I didnt know dawn was coming,
  I would love to meet here if you know where she posts tell her to IM me and we can arrange a meet up!!!

Hope you are ok and well...

Tinks xxxx

·
Registered
655 Posts
Hello

Just have to rant here...

Went into town this morning. 

Firstly tried to get round Boots but their lift was out of order (again) so had to buy baby stuff on the first floor then trail all the way across the shopping mall to the lifts and go all teh way back to the ground floor for the rest of my stuff.

Then went to Mothecare to feed & change Toby as well as have wee, cos it has the only toilet in the shopping mall you can go into with a pushchair.  But their toilets & feeding rooms are closed while they refurbish (until 7th Oct) so guess who won;t be bother to go there again fora while!

Ended up in John Lewis feeding room (on the top floor) and then planned to go the cafeteria for lunch, but had no cash so trailed out to the bank & then back to the top floor to the cafe, only to find out they do not reheat homecooked baby food (the only place I have ever been refused) so as Toby's dinner was still frozen I had to come home.

GGGGRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

DH should be having his OP about now...
^eyes^

Back later, Toby is motoring down the landing  ???

love Vicky xxx

·
Registered
655 Posts
Cheers Jac!!! my thought entirely except not gin cos I donl;t like it have to be a vodka or a butterscotch schnapps if DH hadn;t finished it GGGRRRR  :)

Just spoke to DH op has gone fine, he should be out tomorrow.

Toby threw up his dinner tonight (chicken casserole) all over himself & his highchair, the floor, etc.  He was just sucking on a rusk at the time so I don;t know if he gagged on it or maybe he had just eaten too much cos he had a big portion.  I don;t think he's poorly. 

So I have been bathing, washing & cleaning up sick until now, oh, I love being a Mummy!!!  Told DH I missed his help he said he would've rather been at home cleaning up sick than in hospital - poor love, he's a bit uncomfy tonite.

Right..catch up time...

Amanda hope your eye is better soon.  Conjuntivitis is horrible as it can make you feel really low so try & get some rest & take it easy if poss...easier said than done I know esp if Ian is busy..

Mel, sorry you're feeling bad too, hope it's not anything much & you feel back to normal soon. Loved the latest pics of Jessica.

Gill lol about getting DH head measured?  Did it give them any answers?  Sorry you didn;t get on too well but I'm sure Rebecca is doing fine...you always think there gonna notice any slight rash or whatever which only seem to appear for clinic days & then disappear the next  :-\

Kim, sorry about Joe's dreams & settling in playshcool etc.  I think it is quite common they have bad dreams at that age but it doesn't make it easier for you to deal with.  My nephew had some very funny dreams / phobias developed around when he turned 3 but 2-3 months later they have completely gone.  I think it's a stage and bound to relate to tis big change in his life, but he will settle into it soon, don;t worry.  Hope everything went well today with FET, it was today wasn't it sorry I'm a bit  ^confused^.

Lizzy hope you enjoyed the music group?!

Sue MJ hope Iestyn enjoyed his lie in  ;D.  Glad your getting your christening stuff orgnaised now.  Something special to look forward to.  Keep wondering about whether to do for Toby.  Thing is DH family are baptists and they do not really have christenings so he is not too bothered (he doesn;t go to church anyway).  But I'd like to have a special day for him.

Mel (FC) hope Tarnnia is better today, and you.  A few days away might be what you need to revive you all but then again knowing the work that goes into pakcing for a holiday  :p  anyway hope you make it & have a lovely time.

Fee - glad your enjoying going into school, it sounds  a lovely idea.  But Laura's homework!!! Surely a bit much for a 5 yr old?!!  I'll ask my sister what she does with hers (she is a reception / yr 1 teacher).  The sing & sign classes are based on British Sign Language and basicially we sing songs & learn basic signs like milk, bath, food, teddy, cuddle, nappy, etc.  They are supposed to help babies to communicate before they can talk, as they can supposedly make signs from around 7 months onwards.  But, I think you would have to be reinforcing the signs ALOT at home to see much back from them.  It's more for fun really, Toby loves it!  Especially now he's getting to know some of the songs we sing each week and we sing them at home too.

SueL I don;t know if you are going back to work or not but just wait til your first visit to a nursery for Chloe or playgroup or something like that.  I nearly cried afterwards I was so proud to be at the nursery looking round with my own little precious bubs after many a year wondering if I would ever have a reason to go into one...there are so many things you do and then you stop & think - wow, I would never have believed I would be doing x,y, or z a year ago...or whatver.  It's a brilliant feeling and it never goes!!!

Jac, hope you are OK, sorry about the money worries, hope there is some light at the end of the tunnel...meantime you are obviously focussing on the really important things like lovin' your fantasic chaps to bits..!!

Woppa hop Eva's cold is eased tonight.  I have got one of the snot suckers (LOL at the description!) it came in a little case with nail clippers, thermomter etc, but never used it, couldn;t quite work it out & was afraid of blowing the snot back up again, I am such a wimp...but saying that Toby wasn;t too snuffly with his last cold, more runny :p.

Right marathon posting over, better go & check the boards while I've got the oppotuniy (DH & I have to share internet time in the evenings  ::) normally).

But at last we are going to get braodband & move PC downstairs so i may be able to log on in daytime a bit more (can't really put Toby anywhere safely where PC is currently located & while he sleeps I usually sleep or catch up on jobs!)

Lots of love to everyone I haven;t mentioned,

Has anyone heard from Fiona LK btw?  I would like to hear how she is getting on?

love Vicky & Toby xxx

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Hi

Love the bogey debate, had wondered as Chloe is a little snotty!  ;D

Vicky - glad dh got on OK today with his op even if he has to stay in tonight.  Get well to him and hope Toby is not sickening for something.  Nightmare time for you in your home town this morning  gggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrr.  ^evil^  Your post about being proud is soooooo right.  I know Woppa is in touch with Fiona!

Kim - how was playschool today for Joe?  Posted on rainbow thread - good luck for your 2ww.  ^reiki^  ^reiki^

Lizzy - how was the music group?

Gill - hope Rebecca perks up soon.  What did you make with the playdoh?

Amanda - poor eyes, poor you.  I wear contacts and the slightest infection isn't nice so feel for you ((((hugs))))).

Mel - get well soon to you too.  Hope Tony came home to pamper you and look after Jess.  Love your latest photo! and glad you had a good day yesterday.

Sue - have posted on the other thread, glad things are turning a corner  :-*  :-*  :-*  love Iestyn's new photo too!

FC - hope Tarnnia gets well soon.

Fee - awwwwww reading at school, brilliant that you can go into listen.  Glad school and Laura seem to be agreeing now!

All is OK here!  Chloe has gained 7oz in 2 weeks which seems a little on the low side to me, but she has gained in length (4cm) so reckon the milk is going into length not weight!  So I'm not worried just yet as the H/V isn't!  We are still fighting the bottle (expressed feed a day by dh) a little but not as much as before, the tommee tippee and dr brown bottles she is getting on with better than avent?  Anyone else got any tips?  Jabs on Thursday, but 2 of the other girls bubs from the nct mob have theirs too (at same surgery) so we are all going together to hold hands!!!!

Anyone else watching "too posh to wash!"? on now....... uuurrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh, a bra not washed for a year? ? ?  off to watch properly!

Love Sue
xxxxxx

·
Registered
655 Posts
Cheers Woppa please send our love to Fiona. Les & Xander!

SueL, I was recommend the NUK style teats, you can get them in boots, they do not fit on avent style bottle only narrow necked, but they were the only ones Toby would even half attempt.  I gave up in the end but I wish I had perservered...

love Vicky xxx

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hi everyone, just wanted to pop in and say "HI" from Caroline and I!
Still don't have enough time to do anything but go to work and come back to take care of Caroline who is very naughty and stays up to 10 pm!  She is doing well and now is 4 months, 26.5 inches long and 15lbs9oz!  What an amazon :eek:!   Thanks for the advice on the excema! Caroline's skin has actually cleared up now.  Will try and post some photos of Caroline sometime soon, just have no good time management strageties yet! Sorry to hear some of you and the baby's are feeling poorly.  Here hoping for quick recoveries for you all.  Glad to see all the new photos of the babies, they are all so adorable!! 
Sorry for not repsonding to everyone individually, Sending everyone all the best! 

Love, Dixie and Caroline :) :)

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
hello mummies

Sorry for lack of posting from me again

Kim - sorry you're having a bad time with poor little Joe and nightmares. It must be so heartbreaking for you. Have posted to you on the rainbow thread but just wanted to wish you loads of luck on here as well

Sue MJ - your post on the other thread is sounding a bit brighter which is great. Hope you are now managing to enjoy organising the christening

Sue L -   sounds like the gorgeous Chloe is doing well! Hope to catch up with you soon

Dixie - lovely to hear from you. Glad things are doing well for you and Caroline

Amanda - hope you are feeling better soon

Mel - hope you're also feeling better soon and that Tony took good care of you today! Sorry I missed your anniversary the other week - hope you had a nice day. Gorgeous pic of Jessica on your posts

Woppa - hope Eva's cold is better soon. Will get DH to post that jacket to you this week

Lizzy - the music group sounds wonderful. How did you get on?

Jac - poor Jaqson - hope he feels better soon and hope you get a better night's sleep tonight.The photos of J in the gallery are just fab. Love hearing about the potty exploits! What a  clever boy!

Vicky - sorry you've had such a bad day. Hope DH is ok. By the way can't believe Toby is crawling already - very impressive!!

FC - hope you have a great holiday

Fee - that's really nice that you can go into school. Great idea - you must have been so proud!

Sal - lovely to talk to you today!

As for me I am absolutely loving being a mummy. I knew it was going to be great but I hadn't understood quite how great it was going to be.  I feel like my heart is going to burst when he looks up and smiles at me or giggles. As you can tell I'm pretty emotional at the moment as I have to leave Christopher at nursery tomorrow! I'm absolutely dreading it and there have been loads of tears and tantrums in this house recently (all mine!!!) I just can't believe that I've got to go back to work next week. It makes me feel ill thinking about leaving my gorgeous boy. Spent today having loads of cuddles (well I cuddled C, in return I got some cuddles along with some slobbering, hair pulling and biting from two teensy teeth! - what could be better!). Working mummies - please tell me that it will be ok!!

Love to everyone I've missed

Sophie
xx

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.