Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning Miracle Mums  :)

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Hi Everyone

We went away the weekend to Alan's sister' for our brother in laws 50th birthday party.  Had a great time, although it was a late one, not used to them at all!!!! Felt really rough yesterday, shame as Alan had to watch what he was drinking because of the journey home.  I had a few too many wines, but hey its the first for a long time.  Anthony was good as gold and actually slept right through all the madness!!!! (Including awful singing at the end of the night!!)lol.

How is everyone this morning.  The book on finger goods arrived on Friday morning before we left, so I was able to have a quick look at it.  I bought rice cakes and Anthony seems to enjoy holding them and has ate 1 or 2 of them.  So will try some more from the book.

Hope everyone is well. Hello to everyone, Im away to catch up on the other thread.

Lisa
xxx

·
Registered
260 Posts
Lisa, glad Anthony enjoyed his first rice cakes. Bread sticks are another lifesaver!

Jac, loved the card for Jaqson!

Sorry it is just a quickie - Debs and Max are coming to stay tonight for a few days. I am hoping Ben will take inspiration from Max and let go and walk........... he is so close and can stand for a few seconds unaided.........
it was Max who taught him to crawl when we went down there last time, so watch this space...................

I had to tell you all:-
We had Imogen, David and baby Rupert (aka Roo) over for lunch yesterday. Rupert is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!
He is so small and curled up and sleepy. (Ben meanwhile was swinging from the bars of his playpen, shouting obsenities at me for cuddling Roo - where has the last year gone?)

Imogen was GLOWING with pride, and David had a huge grin from ear to ear which stayed in place the whole aftenoon. They are so happy.
Rupert behaved like an angel. I was desperate to cuddle him and couldn't believe he stayed asleep for so long - it was torture! However Imogen relented and let me at him................

It was wonderful to see another FF baby change two people's lives forever.

Flo
x

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
Hello everyone

Just thought i would let you know i am not far away - still reading your posts  :)

Things are a little harder than i ever imagined with my nan passing away, the funeral is Weds and i guess that last goodbye will be the worst bit.

Its Tony's birthday today so guess i had better go out and get him a card  ;D

My little angel is doing well, her toothy is well and truely through, she no longer gums me but bites me  ;D - she is 9 months today can you believe it  :eek: where does the time go.

Anyway girls thanks for all your messages.

Mel FC - Thankyou  ^Cuddle^ , you are a very kind person.

Will do personals another day when i feel more like myself.

Lots of love

Mel and Jessica
x          x  x

·
Premium Member
6,838 Posts
Mel
Thinking of you lots and lots, give your gorgeous daughter, my beautiful goddaughter a big hug from me :).
I am sure Weds will be a hard day, you know where I am

Love you lots
Jo
x x x

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hi,

Mel - hugs to you all, will be thinking of you all wednesday.

Lisa - Madison enjoys rice cakes too, don't know why i think they are really horrible  :p

flo - any new tricks yet?

sorry not to mention everyone.

take care love shelleyxxx

·
Registered
221 Posts
suemj

just wanted to say thank you so much for inviting us yesterday, it really was a priviledge to part of such a special little boys special day, you looked great and Iestyn's outfit was stunning, he was adourable (as always). 

I was just a shame we arrived late, but as it was my grandads birthday and we had promised to go down, i thought id better not upset them. still better late than never  ;).

well im at work again so better go and do some  :p.
i will see you next monday for swimming and thank you for posting my photo i will email you the other's, if thats ok?.

ooh ive got to tell you, in the car steve payed the (what i feel is the biggest compliment) he said that iestyn is most deffinately the best looking baby he has seen in along time, and steve has never said anything like that, you know what men are like, he usually say's, yeah they are cute! and i have brought up the subject of the FF meet, he say's i can go if i want too!!

anyway sorry im rambling now

love shelleyxxx

ps give that little man a big kiss from me and madisonxxx

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi Everyone
Not been on here for so long but do keep reading everyones messages Well I can not believe that Joshua in 8 months crawling and into everything he can say mama bye bye and bot bot for his bottle.

Iwas wondering if anyone else has been successful in having a second child through ivf we have 4 frosties left and were wondering when we should go to use them we dont want to leave a big gap between children if it is possible any sugestions
Love Donna and Joshua xx

·
Registered
655 Posts
Hi all

Woppa - oohhhh...hope you get some sleep tonight and don;t feel you have to keep popping in to check....she will be fine, but it's a big step isn;t it.  I have to say I did put Toby in his own room earlier than I planned because he made such a lot of noise at night, grunting & snorting so none of us slept a wink, but whenever he is ill he comes back in the travel cot...I do also get quite sad lately when I see my little boy growing up so fast.

Lisa, glad Anthony enjoyed the rice cakes.  Toby loves them, in fact he is practically living on them at the moment.  You should try the apple flavoured ones by Organix, they are delicious!

Shelley, glad you enjoyed Iestyn's special day, hoping to hear some more from Sue when she's got time!

Mel, so sorry it's very hard for you right now.  I hope you do all manage to enjoy Tony's birthday.  Great news on that tooth!

Flo, oh, I love seeing the tiny babies now, reminding me how small ours once were.  How lovely to meet another of the precious FF bubs, gald they are so happy.

Well, seeing the above mutterings, maybe you can tell I am feeling a bit broody today.  And a bit down.

I went to lunch with my NCT group today and one of them is pg again.  Yes, I know our babies are only 6 months old...

This has made me feel quite sad and angry too today.  I don;t mean I'm not happy for her, but obviously she has(d) no probs conceiving not once but twice, well, you all know where I'm coming from.

It's not the same when someone on here conceives again, of course, knowing what we have all gone through to get where we are, and I know others here are struggling with all these issues too.

I would not want to be pg again yet of course, it's too soon, but I am worried now there will be others in teh group soon the same thing will happen and I don;t know how I will handle it.

I don;t honestly know whether or not we will try again, there are so many issues, and that's just the decision to cycle again, let alone if it's successful or not.

We have enough sperm left for one fresh cycle and I do not really want (nor does he) DH to have to go through SSR again.

But there is also the issue that DH already had two children before Toby, so the finacial & other implications are, does he want to make that 4 (the anser is no, not really), plus the cost of tx....and age isn;t really on my side, I will be 35 in December.  On the other hand I would like Toby to ahve a sibling close in age (16 years+ between him & his half sister & brother), and, well, I would dearly love to have another, if I was lucky enough.

There aren;t many other babies in my family and although I have a lovely nephew who is 3, my sister is not planning another at this stage, so i don't have to face this kind of situation often.

Sorry to be on a downer  :(

Everyday I think about how incredibly lucky we were that our tx was successful, and my little boy is the most georgeous incredible miracle, but like everyone I suppose, it doesn't mean we donlt want to try again....

lots of love to everyone today,

Vicky xxxxxx

·
Registered
509 Posts
Hi Everyone

No personals from me tonight as i feel really fed up again. :'(

Time is counting down now until I go back to work ( I start again on Monday after nearly 10 months off!!!) :(
I went into work today to show some colleagues Joseph and I felt panicky. It was an awful feeling, i felt like a stranger. Does that make sense?
Also I can't do any planning as the supply teacher has not yet returned my plans!!! :mad: :mad:. She has been bringing them round for the last 3 weeks!!!

Also I can't imagine how i will cope having to start doing everything at 8.30pm at night when Joseph has gone to bed. Cleaning, washing, ironing , making up his bottles etc and then marking and planning. I could probably get the doc to sign me off sick(he still thinks i have PND) but that would scuper my career chances for January!

When is your mum when you need her???!!! AHHHHHH i feel so angry ,scared, frustrated , upset and fed up!!!

Its another one of those times that i can't see pass the end of my nose. Everything seems to be so much of a hard task.
Ah well i'm off to stop whingeing and drink more wine.

Sorry to moan - again!!!

Sara

p.s Hope you had a good nights sleep Woppa. Joseph went to his own room at 10 weeks and it was the best nights sleep he ever had. Ours wasn't bad either!!

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
Vicky ~ big hugs from me........i can really get where you're at. If i'm completely honest i know DH only went through all of this IF stuff for me and i'm pretty sure he doesn't want any more (he also has 2 from his previous marriage) I hope when you come to that decision it all works out ok for you,

Jac ~ just ever so moved by your post.....what a feeling,

Sara ~ sorry you're feeling so bad, i know you miss your mum so much,

Mel ~ much love to you.....i hope the sun shines for your Nan on Wednesday,

Well i've completely forgotten everything from the last thread now!! Had such a busy weekend, the wedding was all day Sunday (luckily i found something to wear.....far too chilly for in the buff ;D) I tell you, i love doing weddings but OMG how much do i hate doing group shots, drives me insane!!! And i accidentally trod on the page boy so he wouldn't smile for me ::) Saw some good old friends in the evening though which was fab plus it was fairly close to my house so i could nip home and give Kitty a goodnight kiss ;)

Aw ~ i'm going to book for the meet up tomorrow, Yey!

Much love to everyone....hope you are all fab,

Lizzy xxxx

·
Premium Member
6,624 Posts
Hi Girls,

Just a quick one from me tonight as I didn't get a wink of sleep last night, my mind was just whirring so much after such a wonderful day (albeit a bit stressful, making sure that everything came together!).  I couldn't sleep and tossed and turned and in the end got up at 4am this morning and watched Casualty that I'd recorded on Saturday night.

Yesterday was just fab, Dion described it as the best day of his life following Iestyn's birth last year!

Iestyn was sooo good - we went to the 11am church service first, so the congregation could get to meet him (as they now do all christenings seperate from the church service and the old generation do like to still see the bubbs, but don't often get to see them now unless people make the effort to go to the service before the Christening).  I was so glad we'd done this, as it did go down well and we had so many compliments and people also recognised us from having gone to church for eight months prior and a few months after getting married four years ago.

It was very ambitious of me to do this though, as it was then a mad rush to get Iestyn into the Church hall, to then get him changed into his christening outfit - especially as all our guests were waiting outside the church waiting to go in after morning service, so they all wanted to stop us and chat and make a fuss!

Anyway, the actual service went really well, though Iestyn was absolutely knackered and hungry....... but he was still well behaved.  He loved having the water poured over his head - I did tell the Vicar, he'd probably prefer to just be totally dunked! but there wasn't enough water to do this and I guess I wouldn't have been too happy really if his clothes got soaked!  ^chuckle^.

The vicar posed for some piccies around the font afterwards with us..... where Iestyn thought it would be a great idea to throw up in the font!  How embarrasing - anyway, sounds worse than it really was, it was just a little bit, but the timing was impeccable!

Then onto the party afterwards, well I think a good time was had by all, Iestyn was passed around everyone and lapped up all his cuddles.  He did finally crash out for an hour around 2.45pm! and then when he came to, wondered what an earth was going on.

Shelley - thank you so much for turning up, it was lovely to have you there and to meet Steve and of course see your gorgeous little girl again - hmmm, glad I got my usual smiles out of her after her initial scream at me!  She does have the biggest most gorgeous smiles and has a face full of so many expressions, she really does make me laugh.

You choked me up with your post earlier, with the compliment Steve paid us about Iestyn, you are right, it's not often blokes say stuff like that - so thank you for sharing that with me.

I must admit I am biased and do think my little man is jus t so gorgeous - I struggle to understand how I managed to produce someone so gorgeous!  And as for him being dressed in his outfit, well he made me melt even more so.

When I first dressed him over in the church hall, he just sat there on the table, so proud and pleased with himself and literally posed for my mum and I as we took a load of piccies of him - I've never seen him pose so elegantly and showing off so much, it's like he really understood that yesterday was his special day and he was really to milk it!

Anyway, I could go on and on, but it was a case of you really needing to be there to lap it up!   So the best I can do is just post a few piccies in the gallery!

I'll catch up with you all properly over the next few days, sorry to not have any personals today though. (apart from for Jayne - wow, love the piccie in your profile, you two boys are just so scrumptious!).

Love,

Sue xxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
166 Posts
Well girls did a catch up yesterday, posted and lost everything so sorry.

SueMJ glad to hear the christening went so well - Josh gave the minister a big smile when he poured the water over his head and as so good as well.  I cried when he was christened and your story reminded me so much of our day.  We are all so very lucky and blessed.

Jac - like the story about the beauty parlour - any chance that you could be pg.  I clearly remember waking one morning in a total panic as I had been dreaming of a new born and when I woke I had the smell of a new born so clear in my nose that I actually sat up in the bed looking for the child.  It really freeked me out at the time but then about 3wks later I realised I was late and discovered my pg with Josh.  I would so so pleased for you if this has been your lucky sign!!

Guess we are all at that stage when our little ones have grown so fast that they are not babes anymore.  I sometimes wonder what it would be like to have a sibling but I love Josh so much I wonder whether I would have the love to give to another as well and I dote on Josh so much and wonder if it would be fair on him to have another.  We haven't been trying but then again we haven't found much time for that sort of thing, and I am not on any contraception (advised wasn't needed after Josh was born - consultant said why bother after what you have been through, if it happens it happens and if it does, it was meant to be).  It would also mean me giving up work and I don't know whether I could cope with that as I so independent.

Well latest catch up on the home front is Josh's teething thankfully seems to calming down again.  He was really miserable last week, teething cold etc but thankfully is much better.  CAse of the twilight zone in our house on Sunday though.  Reading the posts last week about bumps on the mouth (just as well I read these and take note), Josh did a runner into the kitchen on Sunday, tripped on the leg of his high chair and went flat on his face.  Dh was supposed to be looking after him so when we got an almighty scream and dh picked him up to find blood coming from his mouth, dh went ape.  If it isn't bad enough trying to calm Josh down and see if he had broken any teeth, dh needed a frying pan over his head - don't know why but I seem to stay really calm in these situations.  I remembered the post last week and got out the ice wrapped in a tea towel and put this on Josh's lip which was now growing by the minute.  Glad to say no teeth broken, just a fat lip which has thankfully gone down.

All that happened after me dropping the lid of the casserole dish which smashed on the kitchen floor.  Was dh concerned whether I had hurt myself, you must be joking all he was concerned about was whether I had broken any kitchen tiles and if I had, I just would have to pay to replace them, probably the whole flipping kitchen too!!!  Men, just keep hoping and praying that Josh doesn't end up like his father!!!

Well must go, hope I don't loose this one as well.

Take care Barbara.

Ps may not be able to catch up again for a while as taking Josh to the eye hospital tomorrow and will probably not have time to log on when I get into work late.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Hi girls

Lots of :'( :'( feelings going on here, so heaps of hugs to all those needing!

Mel, Especial hugs for you. It is such a heartbreaking hole in your life when someone you are close to dies. I'm really holding you close to my heart. Blessings and prayers for tomorrow.

just putting my lovely wee girl in her own room ---makes me sad she is growing up.
ummmmm....... wonder if we will sleep tonight??
- awww Elaine - I felt just like that. Did you sleep hun xxxx

Vicky - hugs for you too. I was in an NCT group of 7, all of whom have gone on to have number 2 but me, and I have deliberately stopped seeing them. If you feel it is too soon to cycle again, then it is, and you will know when it feels right. Enjoy Toby's babyhood :)

SueMJ - Iestyn's christening sounds lovely. He's such a poppet. LOL at him chucking up in the font! ;D ;D Glad Dion and you enjoyed the day. It's such a happy day isn't it. Hope you catch up on your sleep a bit today!!

Sara - hideous going back to work. Hope everyone rallies round to make you feel welcome.

Jac - broody hen! Once an earth mother always an earth mother. Do you get that thing too that your boobs tingle when other people's babies do that FEED ME NOW cry! You'd think I'd have grown out of that by now. awww clever Jaqson saying Grandad. Do you think you could just let me borrow him for a week or two. I could do with a Jaqson fix :) :)

Donna - another clever boy :)

Just thought of something I used to do that others might find useful when travelling or out and about. When Laura was potty training we bought one of those potty things that folds up into your handbag, then you use those expensive liners inside the potty. can't remember what they are called, but I'm sure you'll know what I mean. Well instead of buying the expensive liners I used to buy Tesco economy STs and put them inside nappy sacks, which work just as well, and are £s cheaper. Just thought I'd pass on my money saving tip for the week ;D ;D ;D

Been in to school again this morning to hear Laura read. WOW it is so exciting. She is doing so well. We are going on holiday in just over a week and she did her own list to take to spain. I wish I could show you all. It is heaven. Little drawings of toothbrush, toothpaste, knickers, teddy etc. So cute. I wish I were 5! And she told me in the car this morning she is MARY in the nativity play. I'm so proud! I was never Mary, cos I was skinny, with dark hair and glasses. When the angel gabriel says "you're going to have a baby" she has to say "It's impossible". I hope it's not prophetic!

Love to all

Fee xxxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sue :)

What a fabulous day you all had, sounds wonderfull :)  Loads of love to you all and off to have a look in the gallery now !

Fee....what a proud mummy you sound !  COngratulations on Laura landing the star part of Mary  :)  Fantastic !  Sounds like you have some costumes to make now  ;)

Amanda xx

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Jac....ohhh lmao !! ;D ;D ;D 

Sue....the photos are lovely, Iestyn looked so scrummy, such a well behaved little boy you have......and a little bit gorgeous too :)  xxx

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Vicky - I know exactly where you are coming from!! I, myself am dreading one of my mummy friends telling me she is pg, I just know it's going to happen soon, one of them is trying after Xmas. It's on my mind constantly at the moment, well, it has been since I was pg!!!!!!!! Wanting another baby, wanting Katelyn to have a brother or sister. Even more so because the only blood relatives that she has is me and my half brother and his daughter, how sad is that?! I feel awful for her, knowing that she will be growing up with really only a step-family.

I don't know what to do about the situation????? It eats at me 24/7!

Anyway, on a happier note, we're off to Eurodisney on Sunday for a few day's, very excited about that!!!!! Then we come back and my little girl hits one year old!!!! :eek: How emotional do I feel right now??? Went to playgroup yesterday and they sang Happy Birthday to a little girl, well, tears were rolling down my cheeks, how the hell am I going to be when they all sing it to Katelyn?????????? Will be a wreck!!!!!!

I keep thinking about this time last year, this time last year tomorrow was when I was booked in to be induced! I remember it well, how excited/scared was I???!!!

I think that the fact I know that I won't be having any more babies, makes it all so much more emotional, if I thought that I would be going through it again, it may make it alot easier???!! Hope that makes sense??

Sue - glad you had a lovely christening day!! Our ceremony is in with the usual church service, and have recently been told that we are sharing it with 2 other babies  :( Oh well, I'm sure it will still be a lovely day.

Woppa - hope your first night without Eva next to you went ok? It's awful isn't it?! I remember going in to check on Katelyn all through the night, hand on the chest to check breathing!!!!! :)

Sara - I totally know what you mean about feeling panicky when walking back into work. I remember taking Katelyn to my old place when she was newborn, felt really panicky then, it just felt so odd.

Right, pickle bum has just woken up, so off to entertain!!

Love Jules xxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Hi girls

I am soo sorry that I have not posted for over a month!!  :eek: I do read the posts butnever have time to reply.

Well our holiday in Spain was just amazing, the weather was hot, villa great (having your own private pool is just amazing!) Amy loved every minute and my Mum and Dad enjoyed quality time with her. She was also good as gold on the flight - has it in her blood! Will post piccies later.

Been back at work since - tommorrow I start my 2 weeks job share so looking forward to being off. I enjoy being back but love my time off more  ;D

Next week Amy and I are off to Coombe Haven in a caravan with the girlies form my mother and baby group - fab! It will be freezing, probably wet but great fun  ;D 5 mums and babies - mayhem!

Everybodies babies are becoming toddlers! Scary but exciting. Amy is coming on leaps and bounds, her speech is amazing - new words all the time - The latest thing is to point her finger at me and say NO! Cheeky don't know where she got that from  ;D And she's nearly crawling which is exciting! (still not sleeping through but nearly, just wakes around 10ish now!)

There is no more news I am sorry that I don't have time for personals - she is at nursery as I am stand by at home and as it looks like I won't be called I may go and get her early.

This weekend is also my birthday and have some money from people so may just decorate our bedroom with it - perfect excuse to drag Amy off to B+Q and get some paint samples! Ooh what fun shopping!!

Will try and post again later and do some personals
Hope everyone is okay
Love sarah x x x

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.