Status
Not open for further replies.

Mummys Place to Chat Part 22

10K views 94 replies 30 participants last post by  Pilchardcat 
#1 ·
New place for plenty of  ^gossip^

-------------------------------------------

Little catch up from me  :)

Karen - That's fantastic news about the fine  ^afro^  Quite right that they scrapped it too  ^bigbad^

Lizzy - Glad to hear dh is okay after his op :)  There's sweet that Kitty has her first doll - awwww  :)

Sue - We didn't childproof everything either.  Just put up stairgates and fireguard really.  There seems to be an initial period of investigation where a firm and consistent 'no' has worked with Jack and Ben, and of course if you're with them anyway you can distract their attention elsewhere, etc.  Eventually though they just get bored with opening the video cabinet and pulling all the vidoes out, touching things they shouldn't etc.  It's like once they've investigated a bit and realise that it's not that interesting, they soon learn the difference between an ornament and a toy.  I didn't do half the child proofing I thought I'd need to.  I've also found it's then very handy for I visit people's houses who aren't childproofed, as Jack and Ben know what they can/can't touch. 

Ben's just started doing something that really tickles me - he picks up the remote control, puts it to his ear and says 'hiya!'  ;D  Only thinks it's a phone  ^idiot^  Think I may have to introduce him to the play phone now  ;D 

So glad it's the weekend :)  Although my working week this week was very short at just 2 (instead of 3) days.  Next week is even shorter though as I already have Weds off and then Thrus am it's the parent's induction ready for Jack starting school (OMG!) in September.  So I will only be in for 1.5 days this week  :)  Result!  :)

Boring day tomorrow - really need to give the house a clean right through.  Inlaws are visiting Sunday, and of course it's Daddys Day, so dh will be getting spoilt  :)

Hope everyone has a fabby weekend.

Love

Jayne x  :)

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi everyone

Jayne/ sue sorry to butt in - we haven't child proofed anything - only a stair gate at the top but the bottom one we have left. We have an open plan kitchen dinner and so she isn't in there alone and firm no's have worked well - she doesn't climb them and can now climb stairs sensibly and safley without any help, and like Jayne says it is great when visiting other places because she doesn't even attempt it.

I am at Mums this weekend for some Grandparent time which Amy is loving!!

Will try and post again, back to gym next week so back to posting.

One bit of news quickly (being called) I passed my flight and got promotion to Assistant Purser

Have sunny weekends everyone

Love sarah x x x

#3 ·
Hi Sarah  :)

Ben's just about mastered the stairs now too.  He knows to turn around and come down on his tummy, and he can walk down holding onto the bannister safely, but I wouldn't risk trusting him do that on his own.  Going up is no problem at all.  Can't wait to get rid of the gates, but think they will be in place for about another year yet before I'm totally confident (again, it's the paranoid safety in me).

^congrats^ on your promotion  :)

Looking forward to meeting you and Amy at the Teddy Bears Picnic  :)

Love

Jayne x

#4 ·
Hiya ^wave^

hot hot hot  ^holiday^

bedroom 26 c despite windows open and curtains been drawn all day !

love to all

Love Mini xx

#5 ·
Hi everyone

Sorry I haent been around of late, Im not even going to try and catch up with personals just now.

The new job is pants, the nursery keep messing me around and my work keep messing shifts around, so Im not a happy bunny at the moment.  Trying to find another job at present, which isnt easy when you are looking for part time hours.  Feel really low about it all. 

Anyway the fantastic news is that ANTHONY is walking good style now.  He is coming on great these days, although the eating could be better, but never mind.  Will try and upload some photos.

Hope everyone is well and enjoying the warm weather. 

Lisa
xxxx

#6 ·
^milestone^ ^milestone^ ^milestone^

Rebecca is now officially a toddler!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

She's been cruising round the furniture for months, and for about the last 5 or 6 weeks she's been taking a few steps if you plonked her in the middle of the room and made her do it, but this last few days, she's been actually choosing to walk!
She's still not very steady and has to concentrate really hard, but she is, now, officially walking.

Gill x

#7 ·
Well done Rebecca  ^milestone^

Wow, it's hot isn't it  ^sunny^  wish we had air con!  Not really complaining though, I like the sunshine  :)  but this probably is about as hot as I'm comfortable with unless I'm abroad and next to a pool/beach permanently!  Saying that, we're off to the beach for the afternoon in a sec.  Hopefully will be a bit fresher on the coast. 

Was so hot last night.  Ben slept in just a nappy in his 1.0 tog grobag (his nursery was 26 all night), and he had the fan on him too.  Checked him before I went to bed around 1.30 am and he wasn't sweaty and was settled, so think I'd got it right for him.  In fact, he slept until 10.30 am, so must've been okay  :) 

Right catch you all later.  It's time to make the most of this sunshine  :) 

Love

Jayne x

#8 ·
Hiya

My sister had her baby!!  wahey!!!!!!  She is the most georgeous little girl, 7lbs12, but she doesn;t have a name yet.  Born at 5.30 this morning.  What a lovely present for her Daddy on Father's Day.  I nipped up to see her just for a few mins in the hospital this afternoon - wow was it hot in there!  My poor sis.

I am just so sad in a month or so we will be moving away  :( :( :(  will have to make the most until then.

Toby has gone to bed tonight without his sleeping bag for the first time in about a year...10 mins after I had put him down he was screaming cos he'd got his leg stuck through the cot bars...am I in for a rough night?  But his monitor showed 29 degrees!!

Those of you who haven't needed to babyproof too much - lucky you!!!!!! I know not all toddlers need it - my nephew didn;t & my Mum & dad couldn;t believe Toby when he started wrecking their house as they hadn;t needed to do much for my nephew who regulalry used to stay with them when he was the same age.

Toby gets into everything, and I mean everything.  Not only does he go into every cupboard, drawer, fiddle / try to open everything etc, but he does it at such a  rate, a room would look like a pigsty in 2 minutes flat if he were left to his own devices!  Firm no's are just an added enticement!!!!  I have locks on all my kitchen cupboards and anything precious / dangerous is up out of reach or safely locked away.

Yesterday we were in the garden and out back garden is not very child friendly but we can't do much about it since we are only renting the house.  Anyway I have to watch him because there are some concrete steps with no rail or anything.  Last night I was tidying up before tea and had my eyes off him and he went for them and fell down and bumped his noise, which caused a nosebleed and a very bruised nose  :( :( :( :(

So don't worry Kim he will soon be catching Joe up with the worktop climbing antics lol.

Well I've been writing this post for ages cos the phone keeps ringing, better post it now,

lots of love to everyone, enjoy the weather while it lasts!

Vicky xx

#9 ·
Hi all hope you are all well?  Sorry i have been AWOL but you know how it is! now Mason has 2 teeth and is rolling over, i need eyes everywhere! and thats at 5 mths!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would like to know if anyone knows if ther eis anything for hayfever in babies? Mason is suffering terribly, my friends 6 mth old also has it.  She is going to boots tomorrow and if there is anything she will buy 2  ;D but i am not convinced there is anything?

I suffer from it too, but today his eyes are red & streming he has runny nose and is constantly couging.  I took him to docs thurs cause i thought he had another chesty cough but she said he sounds fine.

Keep up the good work girls! and keep smiling!  :)

Zoe x

#10 ·
Hiya ^wave^

wow all these babies on the move !

MBK is only 14 and half weeks old but we have been out shopping today and have ordered the fisher price linkadoos healthy care highchair

he just hates it when we are at the table and he cant see what we are doing the little ^monkey^

finally we have found one that goes from birth - hurrah !

Love Mini xx

#11 ·
Vicky -  ^congrats^ on the birth of your niece  :) 

FC - Hope Tarnnia's rash settles.  Probably is the MMR.  Do you remember me saying about Ben after his?  He was plastered from head to toe for a good 2 weeks or so - I couldn't even go out it looked so much like he really had measles and I think people with children would've run a mile in fear of infection  ;D 

Amanda - Welcome home from your hols.  Hope you had a good time  :)  Bet you have a lovely bronzy  :)

Zoe - Don't think there is anyting for babies under the age of 1 for hayfever.  At 1 they can have Piriton liquid.

On the childproofing, Ben will get into anything, climb on anything, etc. too, but he seems to have learnt what he can and can't do.  If dh says 'no' to him he ignores him - seems to be a recurring theme in our house as Jack ignores dh's attempts at discipline too  ;D - however, if I say no, well, they know I mean business (I'm so much stricter than dh) and even Ben knows it already!  ^evil^ ^bigbad^  ;D

Had a nice afternoon at the beach.  It was definitely cooler there - was 32 when I left Cardiff and 24 at the beach.  Much fresher too :)  Seems a bit cooler anyway tonight compared to last night. 

Love

Jayne x

#12 ·
Hi girls :)

Sorry not to have posted in absolutely ages! I have been reading about what you've been up to especially the child proofing debate.

Thought you might like to hear my drama of last week when I was in the shower downstairs whilst C was playing on the bathroom floor. Next think I knew it had all gone very quiet - always a bad sign!! The bathroom door was closed and no sign of C. Got out of the shower to discover that he had managed to lock me in the bathroom (we have keys on the hall side of all of our downstairs doors for security). It was 10.30am at this point and DH was not due back until 6.30pm. Major panic ensued until I worked out that I could climb out of the bathroom window in my dressing gown. So ran down the path in my dressing gown, dripping wet hair and of course no shoes. Thankfully there was a workman across the road so borrowed his mobile ( relieved that I didn't have to go round to the neighbours!), phoned DH and told him to get home asap! Then spent the next 20 mins sitting on the doorstep shivering and talking to C through the letterbox.

Thank g*d I had closed the stair gate so he only had the run of the downstairs of the house. Pretty horrible at the time but quite funny now!

Anyway just wanted to say hi to you all and Vicky, Toby sounds exactly like Christopher.  A very firm "no" has him giggling hysterically and carrying on regardless!!

Hope you are all well

lots of love
Sophie
xxx

#13 ·
Sophie -  ^roflmao^ I think almost every parent gets locked out of something/somewhere (usually the car) by their child at some point, and it's the lesson to never leave keys where your child can get them until they're old enough to know how to unlock the door again afterwards  ;D  Jack locked me out the back whilst pegging the washing out and I was in my nighty, no phone, no way around the front, etc. luckily he did turn the key back eventually, but never again did I go out the back without taking the keys with me or putting them somewhere he couldn't get them! Sure all the neighbours must've been looking too as I was shouting so loud through the conservatory doors to try and get him to open the lock again  :-[ 

Really scarey when it happens though isn't it  :eek:

Jayne x

G
#14 ·
hi

Sophie - must have been so scarey at the time but must admit it made me giggle!!

Zoe - Mason sounds gorgeous but you are definitely going to have your hands full!!

Vicky - congratulations on your little niece  :)

FC - hope Tarnia feels better soon.  I think the heat knocks them about as well

^milestone^ Well done Rebecca , good luck Gill  ;D

Lisa - i can certainly sympathise about the job situation! I only have this week left at work and have found it very difficult to find another job. I hope you sort things out soon  x

Well i have had an awful week!  I have been off work with tonsilitis (i didnt realise it could make you feel that poorly!)  So I went to my mums caravan for the week and it did nothing but rain. then on saturday night we went to my mums for a bbq and we fell out and have spoke since!!  this might not sound like a long time not to talk but we usually ring each other a few times a day  :(
We ahd a blazing row because everytime i said Ellie could or couldnt do something she blatantly went against what i had said!  she was constantly criticisng me for things i did with Ellie. so hopefully we just need a bit of space!!

Ellie is coming on so well, she walks just holding my one hand and is copying everything we do!  we bought her a little kitchen yesterday and she loves it, she will sit for hours playing with the tea cupps and spoons! 

I cant believe she is one in less than a month. we have been out and bought all the banners and party bags for her party, i am so excited but also so sad that my baby is growing up !!

well must get ready for work only three shifts left  ^jumpin^

bye for now

love

donna x

#15 ·
Hi everyone

What a gorgeous weekend we've had, so much so I was that concerned with caking the kids in high factor sun cream I forgot about me and burnt my shoulders  ^idiot^

Karen - I have been advised to use my travel cot as a play pen so I can get some of my jobs done.  Hope you got the paperwork sorted out again.

Jayne - I'd love to live closer to the beach.  Glad to hear it was cooler down there and great fun for the boys too.

Sue L - LOL at baby proffing my two are now watching my every move when I come to open the stairgate to see how to do it!  Good luck for the 29th.

Mel - love the avatar picture,

Lizzy - Hope the op has cured Dh's snoring.  Glad to hear it went well and that Kitty loves her dolly.

Ang - Hope Jessica is still sleeping through for you.  They are so funny when they start jabbering on its amazing how much of it you can make out.

Tracey - Hope the head is better  ^oops^

Sarah -  ^banana^ Congratulations on the promotion

Lisa - Sorry to hear the job is not what you thought.  Hope you get that and nursery sorted soon.

Gill -  ^milestone^  Well done Rebecca.  Hope you are feeling ok.  Cosford was great this year but wish they'd put the Red Arrows back to the end for the finale!

Vicky - Hello Auntie!  Congratulations to your sister, any name yet?

Sophie ^roflmao^  I locked the girls in the house just before Xmas and it was the longest 10 minutes of my life!  The eldest tried so hard to reach the handle and she kept feeding her sister her juice.  Did he do anything inside whilst you were outside?

Well news here is that the girls are on their first week of two days at nursery.  So today I have carried on painting the fence that I started at the weekend.  I've done my ironing outside on the decking and cleaned upstairs, off to get them at 4p.m.

Eldest is just being really naughty at the moment and has started to hit herself in frustration when she's not allowed to do something.  There's lots of shouting and no tears, she's such a drama queen!!  She's had her dummies removed (long story) and as she has slept through for the past 5 nights without them she hasn't had them back.  She's had lots of praise for being a big girl and going without them and hopefully next step will be removal of her bars as she is kicking hell out of them every night (has done for months) and her legs are covered in bruises.

Youngest is now walking.  She has been for a while really but on Thursday she suddenly let go of the wall and walked a good 10 feet to where I was on the floor, now she will walk at every opportunity.  Although she hasn't yet got up without pulling up on something.

Well its my last few weeks of relative freedom as I return to work on 11th July.  I am looking forward to it, sad as it sounds but I will have 2 days a week with my girls (well until end of Sept when i go back full time!)

Best pack the cleaning things away and grab a cool drink  ^holiday^

Love
Karen x

#16 ·
Mel ~ if you find some beach shoes let me know where you got them.....need some for Kitty too. If i find any i'll let you know ;D Good to hear Tarnnia is getting better.....is she eating yet? Kitty got a rash after her Rubella jab and hardly ate a thing for days!!!

Karen ~ well done to eldest for going without her dummy ^afro^ And well done to youngest too ^milestone^

Donna ~ enjoy the party preparations :) Sorry about your row with your mum......i'm sure a bit of space will help and everything will be fine. My MIL used to make me feel the same way......i could feel my confidence disappear when i saw her. I'm sure they're only trying to help but i know that it often feels a lot like criticism!!!

Sophie ~ sorry thats so funny!!! I'm sure it must have been a panic at the time though.

Vicky ~ congrats to your sister.......does she have a name yet? Hope she is feeling ok and congrats to you too :)

Zoe ~ sorry......don't know about hayfever in babies. Hope you get it sorted though.......not fun!

Hope everyone else is ok and enjoying the sun 8) I'm happy.......Kitty's lovely, Wimbledons on and Dennis is back in eastenders. AND so far DH isn't snoring.....woooohooooo ;D

Take care everyone, Lizzy xxxx

#17 ·
Hi all

Sophie lol about your great escape although you must have been mad with panic. These boys are monkeys aren;t they. Toby can lock himslef in the bathroom, and has done on several occasions, but I can unlock from the outside as they are that sort of lock.

Jayne, I think you need to come round here & instill some panic into my lad ;D ;D. I have to be really careful not to just get cross and shout, as Toby just shouts back at me!!!! I do find getting down on his level a la supernanny is very effective, as they have to look you in the eye then and know you mean business! I have been very insistent about certain things which pose obvious hazards like the oven, it took a few days to sink in, but now he knows it is completely out of bounds.

Donna sorry about the row with your Mum. Hope you make it up soon. This sort of thing is really common I think. Why do you think she was doing it?

Mel hope you've found some shoes for tarnnia. I don;t know what to suggest for girls shoes. Toby's got some of those canvas ones witha buckle, they are washable so when they get wet or mucky you can give them a wash.

Lizzy - glad you are both sleeping better now! How's Kitty's sleeping? cos a while back you said it was awful. Hope she's more settled now.

Karen well done to your youngest on her walking. Clever girl!!! <clapping> Hope they are settling in OK to nursery.

Zoe I think you can get some antihistamines for babies but you will need to see your GP I think.

Thanks for your messages about our new addition to the family. Still no name as yet. That's so typical of my sister and her dh. baby was 10 days late and they STILL haven't chosen a definite name!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

My little monkey decided to put his own suncream on today. After creating no end of fuss when we put it on before we went out, when we came home, I was just making a coffee and he came wandering in plastered in it. It's the sort you get in a spray gun and it's bright green colour, and somehow even tho the spray nozzle was turned to off, he had managed to find it and cover himself in it.

He's just recently started to say "Dear" for "Oh Dear" and he took one look at my face and said "Dear" really dramatically...I was trying so hard not to ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^

he aslo has a lovely new word, it is beetle, but it sounds like "keetle" and he says it about anything that looks vaguely beetle like including spiders, ants etc. We have got a few woodlice about the place and he keeps picking them up ^scared^ and rushing in with them saying "keetle, keetle!" It's hysterical

Well I've just noticed the time, think I'd better get to bed, it's so hard to sleep when it's this hot, although it seems cooler here tonight.

Love to everyone

Vicky xxx

#18 ·
Morning everyone,
What fantastic weather, its so lovely to wake up to isn't it.
Vickyw, many congrats to you and your sister, hope they manage to choose a name soon.  Love your little ones "keetle keetle" ;D
MelFC, my sister said Adams have some fab beach shoes in at the mo, don't know if you have one near you.  She nearly bought Callum a pair that were reduced to £1!
KarenM, love reading about your two, hope the eldest has calmed down, good work getting the dummy away so easily.  Ive had friends that have had nightmares with that.  Fab news and youngest walking ;)
Aww Donna, only a month to go until 1st birthday, know what you mean about growin up too fast, its frightening really.
Sophie, OMG what a drama, good job your bathroom was on the ground floor, you may have had to have slide down the drainpipe otherwise.  Sounds like you managed to stay calm though.
ZoeB - well done Mason for rolling over, now the fun really starts.
Gill - well done Rebecca, hope you have your running shoes on now Gill.
Hello to all other mums and babies, toddlers ;)

Last night was the first night since Callum was around 6 weeks old, that we put him down to sleep and he cryed his little heart out.  Normally he has his milk and we don't hear a peep, but last night he broke his little heart.  Hated hearing it as he just isn't a baby that crys, so happy and good normally.  Anyway it went on for about 45 mins both dh and I taking it in turns to check on him.  Put loads of Bonjela on his gums in case it was his teeth, put the fan on in case he was hot.  Eventually he went off and is fine this morning - no sign of any teeth so no idea what it was all about. 

Good news - I have a job.  Its with Unicef working within their baby friendly iniative team and helping to promote their best standards breast feeding amongst other things.  I have to say I am thrilled to bits to be involved in something so important.  Its 3 days a week and only 5 mins drive away so perfect.  I really didn't think I stood a chance being such a high profile company and the application form needed a degree to complete so I am really really please and can't wait to get involved.  Callum will be with my sister the 3 days that I work and I think he will love it as she works at the playgroup one of the mornings she will have him so he will go along to that.  Then I will have 4 solid days to spend with him.  Real quality time. 
Right im off for a drink and Callum is off his playmat up to mischief.
love Karen XXX

#19 ·
Congratulations Kas sounds like a fab job

Hi to everyone else - sorry no personals at the gym and need to be quick as got sunbathing to do and hose work and a paddling pool to fill ready for Amy later when she gets home from nursery

Love sarah - ps isn't the weather fab!!!

G
#21 ·
hi

Kas - congratulations your new job sounds fantastic  :)

Vicky - Toby sounds great. he is a quick learner about the importance of suncream  ^roflmao^

Mel - Adams definitely have beach shoes!

hello to all the other mummies and babies xx

I have had a great day today, Ellie took part in a splashathon for the charity Tommys. she went under water several times and didnt scream which she has the last couple of times we have been! 

I have also been sorting some more bits and bobs out for our wedding, I have been to see my dress again today and have ordered all my invitations, place cards etc...  I have just had aletter from the venue which states from 1st jan 2006 the venue will be completley non smoking (hoorah) which is going to go down like a lead balloon with the MIL!!! I dont know if this is across the whole of Scotland but i thinkl it is great!!!

I have been trying to book a hotel near to Milton Keynes for after the teddy bears picnic as it is DP birthday but not having much luck !!!

well must go and cook dinner while Ellie is having a nap

Love

Donna x

#22 ·
Mel - Awww, there's a shame about Tarnnia's shoes  :(  We've had a bit of a nightmare with Ben's shoes too recently (posted below about it).  Glad to hear her rash looks like it's easing up.

Kas -  ^congrats^ on the job  :)

Vicky - Lol at the suncream incident  ;D  Well done to Toby too on the new word  :)  Isn't it great when they start saying things with expression too  ;D 

Ben's new word for today has been 'abu' which mans 'a bus' but he says it no matter whether it's a bus or a lorry. 

We've been having a bit of a pain in getting Ben some sandals.  Went to Clarks before we went to Tenby and tried to get him fitted for a pair, eventually after trying on about 6 different styles we found a pair that seemed okay, and I really liked them so was pleased.  The problem before that was that his toe was near the end and one growth spurt would've put him out of them in about 2 weeks!  and the next size up were just too big.  Anyway, the pair we did get fitted to perfection, but they had, what I can only describe as, a lip on the inside which isn't on other sandals and these rubbed Ben's feet to pieces - he had huge blisters when we got back from a walk (wondered why he'd been grizzling and not wanting to walk too  :( ).  Poor thing.  So, he's been in some off the shelf £2 pair from Asdas since we got back, but they are far from ideal and he's his toe's just hitting the end of them too (and they're enclosed) so he needs something.  Went to Clarks again this am to return the blistering pair, and again had huge probs getting something to fit.  The pair we finally ended up with I think may rub his heel as it's a little loose fitting.  He wore them to the beach today and his heel looks a teeny bit red, but no blister.  Am going to have to take them back too I think and see if I can find something off the shelf for him as the properly fitted ones just don't seem to be working for him at the moment, and it's either that or put him back in shoes (which of course he needs a new pair  ::) ).  Can't understand it, in all the years of getting shoes for Jack I've never had a problem and now Ben's only on his second pair and he has blisters  :(  What's the point in getting them measured and paying £25 a pair for them to get blisters!  :mad:  Think he must have funny feet!  ;D  They look perfect enough to me though  ;) 

Had another lovely day at the beach  :)  I haven't really been much since mid way through my pregnancy with Ben as it's the sort of beach that's not particularly compatible with a pushchair, or a heavily pg woman with SPD! - lots of rocks and pebbles to go over before you get to the sand, and the tide comes in really fast so you need to be able to get over the pebbles and rocks or risk getting trapped.  Now Ben's so solid on his feet, I don't need the pushchair so am enjoying going back there.  Will go in the winter too - love that with the children, all wrapped up with wellies on and throwing stones in rock pools, looking for wildlife, etc.  Jack used to love it in the winter as much as I do, hope Ben does too. 

Day off work tomorrow  :)

Love

Jayne x

#23 ·
Hi Girls

Wow there is always so much to catch up on.

Jane/Sue, had to do the childproofing the thing as it's a Social Services requirement but to be honest when we've been to other people's houses to stay he hasn't done anything different than he does at home.  LMAO at Ben with the remote, XXXXX had a play phone so he used to pick that up but now he just makes a grab for my mobile!!!

Lisa, sorry to hear the job is pants and hope you find a new one soon.  Watch out though cause now Anthony's on the move there will be no stopping him!  ;D

Sarah and Kaz congrats on the promotion/new job.

Donna, glad to hear you're feeling a bit brighter, enjoy the party planning.

Gill, congrats on your little toddler, there will be no stopping her now so watch out!  ;D

Congratulations to "Aunty Vicky", like you said must have been the best Father's Day present ever.

Zoe, I know you got some hayfever advice on the other thread, hope you managed to get Mason sorted out.  I suffer from it too and know how dreadful it can make you feel.

Sophie, you must have felt awful.  I remember when I was babysitting my neices who were 4 and 6 months at the time.  My sister had warned me that there was no handle on the bathroom door but I forgot, slammed it and locked myself in!!  11.30 at night and I'm talking my 4 year old neice through writing my telephone number down and phoning my DH and letting him in the house.  Fortunately she was a bright child and managed to do all this but I was so worried.  As they say all's well that ends well.

Karen, you've been a busy girl!!  Congratulations on little one walking and the removal of the dummies.  Haven't felt up to braving that task yet although he only has them when he sleeps. 

Mel, glad to hear Tarnia is feeling better, hope you get the shoes sorted out, I had a similar problem as there didn't seem to be hardly any choice for baby boys.

Lizzy, sounds like you're having a good time.  Unfortunately for my DH it's me with the snoring at this time of year as the hayfever really kicks in.

Well it's been a week of ups and downs for me.  XXXXX had his first two visits to the nursery and cried his eyes out which made me feel really bad.  They were really nice and I phoned up an hour after I left him and they said he was playing.  Apparently he settled down both times but got tearful when the door went as he was looking for me.  I know he will settle down as the first time he wouldn't eat anything but the second he ate all his food.  Just got to bide my time and steel myself when he cries.

We went to visit my parents this weekend as it was my Dad's birthday and we had a big family BBQ.  Our friends had also invited us to tea on the same day and my dear Mum invited them and their 2 children to the BBQ to solve the double date problem so that made 18 of us.  Unfortunately XXXXX woke up on the Friday night and wouldn't go back to sleep.  He also wouldn't keep quiet so I ended up spending the night with him downstairs on the sofa where he finally slept.  Next day he was tired, hot and miserable for the BBQ and so unlike his normal self.  However he did sleep fine the second night and perked up and charmed everyone on the Sunday.  Unfortunately he also broke an expensive piece of china and another ornament belonging to my Mum.  She forgave him as he can now call her by name as "Nana" has been added to his vocabulary.

The good news for us is that the court date has come through and in 4 weeks time on 21st July he will legally become our child.  No more social workers, hurrah!!

Hope everyone else is well, I ate something dodgy yesterday and spent the night sitting on the loo and vomiting.  I feel fine now but aggrieved that after all the energy it took out of me I'd only lost 1lb!  What's the use in a bit of minor food poisoning if it can't help you lose weight.  ;D ;D

Better spend some quality time with my DH as the cricket is about to finish and I've been online for 2 hours.

love
Cindy

#24 ·
Jayne

Have you looked in Next for sandals for Ben. I got Benjamin 2 pairs at 6.99 each, in a soft suede and he has had no problems with them at all. I think cos they are soft they dont rub.

Karen

#25 ·
Hiya ^wave^ mommies and babies

all these scarey tales of being locked out of the house and bathrooms are a bit scarey ^scared^

this child proofing lark is a full time job !

Love Mini xx

#26 ·
Just a quickie.....Jayne

I got Millies sandals from Clarkes and she had a large blister from them on her little toe, I'm sure it comes from wearing them without socks and the insides are leather and I think the inside "grabs" the skin when their feet get hot.  She's also got a cheap pair for kicking about it and they are fine ???

She now won't wear the Clarkes ones as she thinks they are going to hurt, waste of money :(

Good luck, back later to chat
Amanda xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.