Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Dee....have posted to you on Rainbows but news like that deserves a second post !!

^milestone^ ^milestone^ WELL DONE FREDDIE ON YOUR FIRST STANDING UP :) :) ^milestone^ ^milestone^
Hope Mummy got a photo of you ;)

Amanda xx

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Hi

Dee - sorry you are still feeling poorly but fantastic news on Freddie doing his "lone" standing!

Camilla - glad you survived your first day back at work and that Isabelle loved nursery!

No real news from us, swimming tomorrow then packing ready to go to MIL's on Thursday night, spending the day with them, she's babysitting C for a few hours whilst we head off for a bit of pamper time at her gym!  Gives her a chance to spend some time with C on her own!  Then Saturday at Gullivers and then onto Lou's birthday bash!!!  :)  Think I need to chill on Sunday!!!!!!!!!

Catch you later.

Love Sue
xxxxxxxxxx

G

·
Hi Everyone

Sorry haven't been on for ages, we've been sooooooooo busy, lots of stuff going on and house hunting so not much free time.

sorry no personals apart from well done to all you lovelies who've achieved so many milestones recently - way to go !!!!!! ^milestone^ ^milestone^

Camilla - glad work was ok, the things we dread often turn out not too bad don't they -apart from childbirth that is - lol

Well Cammy and I attended our first NCT Bumps and Babies session today and the cheeky monkey was playing footsie with 5 week old Sophie - he's such a fast cat  ;D

Managed to get him to sleep for 5 hours last night, what an angel and he's just started smiling and gurgling- isn't parenthood fab ???  We're over at my sisters tomorrow for a surprise 70th birthday party for my lovely mum so he'll lap up the attention  ;D

Right short but sweet today, it's our 9th wedding anniversary and dh is cooking us a nice meal so bye for now

love

Sarah Lou xxx

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts
Amanda said:
Hope Mummy got a photo of you ;)
Errmm - was too busy being gobsmacked! ;D

Will try and take some over the next couple of days. ;)

Love
Dee
xxx

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
'BIG GRIN' :) :) :)  Thanks Dee x x

·
Registered
166 Posts
HI girls first chance I've got to be on and post in ages.

Still reading posts but little time to post myself.  Just wanted to say to all those who live/work in London thinking of you all at this time.

Yes we in N Ireland have lived with terrorism for 30+ years but it is still horrible to see such mindless acts on innocent people.

Hope everyone is OK.  Thinking of you all.

barbara

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
^hello^

"Who is this stranger I hear you saying?" Sorry not been around much lately but I have been reading your posts and catching up with all your news etc etc.

No excuses for my lack of posts, it's just I love spending time with my wee man, he is growing so so much and I don't wanna miss a thing. Zak still no teeth yet but don't think it will be long though (gawd how long have I been saying that now  ::) ) His gums feel really sharp though, have a feeling about 5 are gonna come through all at once!

He is sitting all by himself too  ;D big boy now you know  ;) he is just such a pleasure to have I still can't believe it all. I sat and cried with him with the other day, just because I feel blessed to have him.

Anyway I am off as I have made myself all emotional again  :'( silly me!

Loads and loads of love to all the bubb's and a huge ^Cuddle^ for all the mommies and daddies!

Take care gang!

Love

Shezza ^monkey^

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
249 Posts
Hi all

was wondering if I could join your thread?!! I posted a lot on ff when I was going through txt, but I've been AWOL for most of my pregnancy. But now little Ewan is here I would love to start posting again, when there is time!!!!!!
Still cant quite believe I'm here and I have a son, its amazing even the sleepless nights and dirty nappies!!!
Trying to carry on with the bf although I must admit I'm finding it a struggle at the moment, but I want to continue, any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Hope to get to know you all soon
Love Kate

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi everyone,

I was also wondering if I could join.  I posted on the trimester boards but haven't been posting since Anja was born.  Starting to feel human again now though!

Kate, keep going with the bf ing, it does get better honestly.  I had a horrible time for the first month, it was sooo painful, but now it is enjoyable and so convenient.

Can anyone give me any tips on sleeping - Anja sleeps really well at night after I get her to sleep, she just hates going to sleep.  At the moment we pick her up and either get her to fall asleep at the breast or in our arms.  If we don't do this she just keeps screaming and screaming.  I have read that this is a dangerous habit to get into but I don't know if she is old enough yet (10 weeks) to learn to sleep on her own.  Any advice?  Should we try and bear the crying for a few nights?  I have the same problem during the day that she doesn't want to take naps and then she just gets exhausted and very irritable.

All advice appreciated!

Lynne

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
Hiya ^wave^

i havent been posting much either i have been busy with a campaign to re-open a local midwife birth centre  ^bigbad^

Kate12 - my milky boob kid is 17 weeks today and he is thriving on breast milk but not all babies thrive on it what i am trying to say is well done you for b/f and keep going but i dont want any moms who didnt manage it either through chioice or otherwise to feel bad !

we had loads of support from the NCT - you can call them for support and if there is one live local to you they will even come out to your home to help you and check you doing it right !

Lynne1 - not sure if this is advice as such but can tell you about our experience - our milky boob kid always used to fall alseep on the boobie day and night time and is only just starting to learn to fall asleep by himself - i took comfort by a comment someone said to me once - you cant spoil a baby under 4 months  ^evil^ not sure if its true or not ! anyway i used to try and put him down awake every time and pick him up again if he couldnt put himself to sleep and let him use me as a human dummy

by the way he fell asleep on my boobie about an hour ago , i settled him downstairs and have just woken him by carrying him upstairs to bed and he has settled himself !

love to all the mommies and babies especially those who are smashing those  ^milestone^ ^milestone^ ^milestone^

Love Mini xx

·
Registered
417 Posts
Hi all,
Im afraid Im going to do a Shezza, I too have not been around much, but have been reading posts.  Im just loving spending some quality time with Callum before I start my new job next week.  Andy has been off this week so we have been to an open farm and the zoo and Callum has loved every minute of it and not so much as a winge or cry once.   Don't think I could love him more if I tried.

Hello to everyone and hope you are all ok, especially after the awfulness of yesterday.   What is the world coming to?

Lynne1, never to early to start bubs going to sleep on their own.  We started a bedtime routine at 6 weeks old.  Bath, massage, bottle, bed and apart from the first few days we have not had a problem since.   We always have quiet time before bottle and its a nice wind down.   Hope it works for you if you give it a go.
Kate12, the BF does get easier and its such a wonderful feeling once it all comes right.  Don't give up.   If you feel its getting too much, speak to your hv who should be able to support you.

Callum is now crawling and his determination is beyond me, very strong willed when it comes to getting somewhere.  No teeth though, think he is going to be a gummy boy.  Dribbling like mad and really hard gums but just nothing seems to be happening.  

I don't know about anyone else thats at the same stage as us, but how are you doing with finger foods?   We are having some rusks and crust of toast, but my heart is in my mouth everytime he has it.  Im so terrified he is going to choke and im worried im holding him back by not letting him just get on with it.  I spend most of the time almost in is mouth hooking out bits anything bigger than my little fingernail.  Any tips anyone.  

I will try and catch up properly in the next day or so.  Just want to enjoy my time off at the moment, he is growing too fast as it is.
love
Karen XX

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts
Hiya Mummies

I'm going to shock you all and do a catch up!  ^scared^

OK well maybe it won't be such a ^scared^ when I only go back as far as the beginning of this thread!  ;)

Here goes (and huge apologies in advance to the great "keepy uppers" who I miss!)

Amanda - Thanks again for that post.  Will sort out a special pic to send you soon. xxx

Sue - Hope you are/have enjoyed your pampering.  You deserve it! xxx

Sarah Lou - Hope the surprise party was great! xxx
ps - Parenthood fab!!! ... I have FINALLY found my true vocation in life!  I wa born to be Freddie's Mummy! xxx

Barbara - Know what you mean.
I remember the IRA targetting the motorways and blowing up bridges about 7 years ago ... me and mate had planned to travel down south to see her sister who had just had a baby.  Everyone advised against travel but we did it ... took about three times as long as normal but we made it. I remember thinking when I held K how I wished so so much the "terror" would end and that she could grow up peacefully. Sad to think that 7 years on, a new terror is threatening us all.  :'(

Shezza - Me too!  Where has my baby gone!!!!!!!!
By the way ... Freddie threatened teeth for ages and then just when I got fed up of saying "here they come!" ... they arrived.  I will not mention the lack of appearance of the top two but suffice to say the screaming has commenced!
Hope all Zak's teeth just burst through and he has no pain. xxx

Kate - Welcome!  No tips from me on the BF front but huge support for you to continue as long as you feel right. xxx

Lynne - Welcome to you too!  Anja ... what a lovely name!
I'm not sure that controlled crying is the way to go at 10 weeks?  Where are you putting Anja down to sleep?  Maybe the space is too big?  We put Freddie in his big cot at four days old and in a "sleeping bag" (gro-bag) and I personally think that that helped made him feel more secure.
Must point out though we never used this during the day - think the routine of putting the sleeping bag on helped him establish that this is night and sleeptime.

Mini - Hope the campaign is successful! xxx

Kas - Great to hear from you!  Callum sounds fab ... I understand totally and utterly what you mean about wanting to grab every second with him.  It's awful leaving them but I reckon (from Freddie's smiles to his childminder!) that it's worse for us.  Still bloody horrid though ....... I hope I have won the $(Euro)47 million tonight! LOL!
We are doing finger foods ... and like you just make sure Freddie is supervised all the time.  To be honest he would rather chew a brick than a toast finger ... so we are getting there very very slowly! LOL!
I have come to the conclusion that so long as I am in the room, Freddie will be ok. So rather than give him finger foods at meal times I am giving them to him afterwards.  That way he can sit in his high chair and "play" with food.  Get used to the textures etc.  Don't know if this is the right way to go but I'm comfortabl with it.  Good luck with Callum xxx

HA HA HA .. thats me caught up! (Even that took ages! LOL!)

Love and Hugs to everyone else

Dee
xxx

·
Registered
249 Posts
Hi

the sun is shining here hope you are all enjoying the similar weather?!

Mini-Ewan does seem to be thriving on breast milk, I'm just finsing the frequency/length of his feeds exhausting and just wanted other peoples experiences/thoughts, I certainly didn't want to try and make any mum who isn't bf feel bad about it, as it is purely a personal choice.

Lynne-welcome, Anja is a beautiful name, is she in more of a routine with her bf now? I have similar problem to you re the sleeping, the MW said to me, to just go with it for now and to do what suits the baby and suggested 4mths was a good time for establishing a def. sleep routine, but I still worry that I'm creating problems for myself for the future!!!!!

Dee-I've just got 2 of those gro-bags, have you found them useful?

Kas-thanks for the encouragement re bf, I do enjoy it, but I dont think it helps that he has terrible colic, so after a mammoth feeding session he can be screaming for two hrs, that stops and then its time to feed again!!!!

Anyway hope you all have a nice weekend

Love Kate

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
^hello^ all,

SarahLou - We're house hunting too and I don't know about you but I'm finding it really hard to be interested in houses and the thought of trying to move with a young baby does not appeal to me!

Shezza - I've sat and cried for no reason except that I feel so lucky too, only I hoped it would pass eventually!! I can see me still doing it when Jacob is in secondary school at this rate!

Kate - Good to see you over here. I recently spoke to the HV about regulating Jake's feeds and she said to aim for 3 hourly feeds to start with and do all you can to distract him, even take him out for a walk. It works much easier if your dh/dp can do this as they don't smell of milk like we do. She said if we could get a longer gap between feeds he'd feed more efficiently and it would give your body chance to build up a better milk supply. Having said this it's all changed for us because of Jake's slow weight gain. How long does Ewan feed for at a time?

Lynne - Great to see you too. I wasted a couple of weeks working myself up into such a state because Jake wouldn't put himself to sleep. In the first few weeks dh would spend ages cuddling him to sleep then not move him for an hour so he was in a deep sleep. More often than not I would wake at 2am and have to go and chase the pair of them to bed and I was terrified it was going to be a habit. It became a standing joke (not that I was laughing) that the quickest way to wake Jake was to put him in his crib. He wouldn't sleep at all during the day and was really, really miserable. Now I've got much more relaxed about it and during the day he'll sleep on the sofa, my lap (he's asleep there now), the pushchair - basically anywhere but bed - but I've come to the conclusion I just want him to sleep and so long as he goes to bed at night its fine. At the end of the day putting themselves to sleep is a skill they have to learn just like any other so we can't expect them to do it straightaway. Hopefully it will all fall into place eventually.

Mini - Do you have MBK on regular feeding or do you still feed on demand?

We are having yet another feeding crisis as Jacobs weight gain is so slow it's almost non-existent. He's still only 12lb which sounds good for his age until you consider he was 10lb 2oz born so thats less than 4oz gain per week. It's so demoralising when he's feeding what seems like constantly then screaming inbetween cos he's hungry and not gaining weight. I seem to have the quantity there of milk just I guess the quality of it isn't up to much so we're now having to top him up after pretty much every feed. On the up side he seems happier for it and is sleeping better but it feels like a slippery slope to exclusively bottle feeding which I don't really want. I also feel that my family and the in-laws are thinking they've been proved right about how much better bottle feeding is (they thought I was mad to even try to breastfeed) as they didn't have any problems.

Anyway, that's my whinge but on a happier note I had my first night out last night since Jake was born and we both survived it! He didn't miss me which I was gutted about and I stayed out until nearly midnight without panicking! The next challenge will be me and dh going out together and leaving him with a babysitter!

I hope everyone is having a good weekend,

Chux xx

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
Hiya ^wave^

Kate12 - yeah the feeding can be exhasting at first we started off with constant feeding and when we got to hourly feeding i thought WOW it was a miracle then all of a sudden it was 4 hourly and when they have their growth spurts you get tired all over again ! but now we are different again !

Chux - MBK is still demand feeding - somehow i think they forgot to tell him that demand feeding is demand when mommy wants to do it ! ^roflmao^ still never mind

what i have found is MBK is now feeding on his own accord in clusters in the morning and clusters in the evening he hardly feeds at all in the middle of the day - sometimes i worry and try to get him on but he protests the loudest ! i guess he is acertaining his independance already and we will teach him the finer details - of manners and that he cant always have what he wants when we we find the right time ..............................................

guess who rules in our house  ^evil^

he is following the 50th centile on the dot - so i dont worry about it

the other thing is i am keen to do baby led weaning so i am aiming for the full 6 months on breast milk - i say aiming as these things never turn out how you want !

but i certainly would not be still breast feeding without my DH's support and that of the NCT breast feeding counsellor

love to all the mommies and babies

Mini xx

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the advice.  Seems like we should carry on with cuddling her to sleep for a bit longer.  We do have a pretty good routine - bath, boob then bed.  However Anja also includes getting up for several cuddles, snacks as part of the routine!  She is an angel when she does sleep, 7 hours at the moment so no complaints there!  Also she always goes back to sleep good as gold after her 5am feed so I don't think it is the cot being too big that puts her of.

Kate, Anja does every 3 hours during the day, every 2 in the evening and then about 8 at night.  She has had a couple of growth spurts when she wants to feed all the time though.

Chux, sounds exhausting having to feed all the time!  I hope things get better.

For those of you who have gone back to work and stockpiled bm in the freezer, how much did you store?  I figure that I will be able to pump one day and use this to feed the next day, so I don't need huge quantities in the freezer.  Is this how it works?

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hiya Dee :)

Lovely to hear some news from you, hope those anti's have kicked in now and your both feeling a bit better ^reiki^

Finger food already, time is going quick ^eyes^ great to read Freddie is doing well though :)

Looking forward to some new photo's
Love to you both
Amanda xxx

JULESUK.....just seen your new ticker..off to Canada again, how fantastic! bet you can't wait ;) will IM you hun :-* really lovely to see you again today :)

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Just a quick catch up whilst C sleeps!

mini - how's the save the centre going?

Kas - good luck with your new job!

Kate - welcome over here with Ewan!

Chux - sorry you are worrying over weight gain, I think C's weight gain is really slow too yet she takes loads of milk/food but it doesn't register in lb's!! I b/f up to 6 months.  However, one of my friends only bottlefed and her little girl is EXACTLY the same......... just guess it's down to individual babies!  Glad you had a good night out!

Lynne - lovely to hear from you and Anja....... I stopped b/f just as I went back to work so I didn't have to worry about ebm and "normal" baby food in the freezer, not enough room!!!!!!!  ;D

Sarah Lou - good luck with the house hunting!  LOL at Cammy playing footsie!

Shezza - can appreciate where you are coming from, I'm emotional at the mo, probably cos Chloe is nearly one!  Where has time gone?

Been up to MIL's, had a lovely time and then yesterday was Gulliver's which was great fun seeing people from here!  Last night was Lou's party which was great, although I was shattered!  Today having a bit of a chill!

Love Sue
xxxxxx

·
Premium Member
4,304 Posts
Sorry to intrude,

Sue

Thanks for coming last night, Clarkes sausages were great!  :eek: Feeling very under the weather today, Adam and co finally came to bed at 5am this morning with most of the others leaving at 4am! I was put to bed at 2am with a bowl  :-[  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Great party though even if I do say so myself, we cleared away 3 black sacks of cans today and over 35 empty bottles of wine! Terrible!

Thanks for coming, it was lovely to see you both

Love Lou xxxx

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.