·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome one & all :) xxx

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Well, what a lovely day!! This time last year I was on the home straight and pushing my hardest to try and get her out, only half an hour to go!!!!!

Katelyn has been well and truly spoilt today, I think her best pressie was a gorgeous rocking horse from Neale's mum, it's lovely. I shall post a piccie when I get one.

We are doing the real celebrating on Sunday when she has her party.

My little baby is one year old - I just can't believe it!!!!!

Exciting news about Millie walking - what a clever little girlie xxxxxxxxxx

Love Jules xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
655 Posts
Hi all

Katelyn, Happy Birthday georgous!!!

Millie - well done you clever girl!!!!

Well, just realised it's 10.45 and I need to get to bed  :eek:

Just done a few million change of address letters.

Jac, did you get the suit?

SueL, glad you were reassured by the HV, sounds like Chloe is going to be a supermodel at this rate!!!  She's such a cutie pie and if she's going to be tall too  :)!!!

My little boy still poorly with his cold, gave him some calpol tongith as he was really grizzly.  I think I'm getting it now, juts had a lemsip.

Love to everyone & night night!

Vicky xxx

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hiya,

I'm just having a quick look around before I get off to bed too. These disturbed nights with Jessica coughing all the time are hard going. She's been down since 8.30 and has woke herself up coughing three times already. She's had baby syrup and the stuff for one year olds (even though she has three weeks to go yet) and I've just given her a bit of a drink and some Meltus. I just feel like I'm dosing her up all the time. The Meltus seems to have settled it though.

I'm supposed to be proof reading my homework now but I can't be bothered. I've got to hand it in tomorrow so I'll worry about it when I get up.

Good news Sue on Chloe's height centiles. She's just fine.

Vicky - hope you aren't catching a cold. I never thought twice about being ill before I was a mum. I'd just take myself off to bed and wrap up - can't do that any more eh? ;D

Jules - I think I'm going to be the same as you in a couple of weeks time. I'll be looking at the clock reliving every moment, the.....oh, my waters went at this time and the.....oh, I was about three centermeters by this time...and....oh, I was screaming the ward down by this time and Jessica was on her way out!!!! Can't wait to do it all again if we're that blessed. ^reiki^ I hope you gave Katelyn kisses from us all.

Sue - I was reading your comments on the last thread about feeling very emotional with Iestyn and such. I keep filling up at silly things, just like I did when I was pregnant and after having Jessica (not that crying in the card shop was a silly thing.....far from it). I get wells of emotion for no reason. Even someone winning a couple of grand on Who Wants to Be a Millionairre makes me weep???? Not sure what's going on there. Maybe it's the aerosols??

Jayne - it's pretty wild weather down here too. I got caught in some serious rain today just before I was off to deliver a training session to a load of 18 year old footie apprentices - very attractive with my windswept wet hair ^zombie^

Oops - there goes Jessica again. I best go and take all my homework up to bed and read through it so at least I'm only next door and not bombing it up and down the stairs panicing that she's choking.

Catch up again soon - I've still not booked for the meet - best get on really.

Love Angexxxxxx

·
Registered
489 Posts
Hi all
Well we are still having problems with our internet. I think we have lost the blueyonder connection so they are sending us the disc to reinstall it!! We have uploaded a free aol trial at the moment so we can get on line, what a pain that is using dial up again!!
Happy belated birthday Katelyn, sorry i missed it but it sounds like you had a very lovely day.
I think Benjamin might be getting another tooth as he has a nose that could run for England at the moment!! Had me up a couple of times the past 2 nights too!!
Hope you are all well. Gonna try to catch up on some of the posts now.

Karen & Benjamin

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Hi Everyone

Just wanted to pop on and say hello.  Im affraid I dont have time these days to post and read everyone's messages. 

Studying hard at the moment, doing highers just now, so I can go to uni.  (God hope Im not taking on too much!!!)

Anyway, hope everyone is ok.  I hope to get online again very soon. I miss everyone when I dont get the chance to post. 

Lisa

xx

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Hiya

Jules - really glad that Katelyn had a fab time (and you did) on her first birthday!

Vicky - hope your still cold free (((((hugs))))) and hope Toby is better today?

Ange - sorry you are weepy too  :-* hows Jessica today?

Karen - sounds like pc is playing you up!

FC - sorry that you're having to put up with your Uncle being silly over the will.  Last thing you need, as you say it's not important in the scheme of things (((((hugs))))))). Glad you aren't majorly ill but sorry you've got to have an op.

Lisa - good luck with the studying!

Jac - have a wonderful time tomorrow, know you will, please give Luke a massive hug from me (just watched the clip again and makes me go gooey). Glad you got the suit!  Venture - we had Chloe done at 3.5 weeks (just waiting for the pics to come through).  They are FAB FAB though as we struggled trying to narrow it down.  They are expensive but ohhhhhhhhh so worth it!  They are the same "chain" that Allie (and Kirstie) used too!  I cried when they put up the proofs on the screen (to music!)  :)

Love Sue
xxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Just wanted to say

WELL DONE
MILLIE
^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

Love Kim x xx

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Kim :)  xxxx

My little girl stayed at Nanny & Grandad's last night as we went out for a meal and the cinema....I missed her so much. We did'nt get back till gone midnight and her room (obviously ;D ) was sooo empty, felt very strong feelings that I wanted to go and get her! Don't think granny would have been too pleased at that time of night ;D ! But just realised my feelings are now much stronger then they were when she was say 1 or 2 mths old, did'nt realise that at the time, surprised me a bit.  So I had to go and get a picture of her from downstairs and sleep with it ;D lol  Can't wait to go and pick her up this afternoon now (she off too the farm with them today :) ) and we have football.

Went to her very first birthday party yesterday, she had a ball, won pass the parcel ;D and was off playing with everything and the other kids while just ocassionaly checking I was still there :)  Amazing feelings over everything right now, specially with her birthday coming up and christmas too....can't wait !  Anyway enough slush ;D

Kim....posted elsewhere, but you know we love you :) xxx

Jac....glad you won the scooby suit, is it for Halloween ??  Fab!  Please give huge hugs to Luke and Carol & John for me

Carol & John...Still so so happy for you both and Luke, hope everything is going well and loads of love to you all xxx

Sue...morning :)  Hope your al ok ? Anything nice planned for this weekend ?? :) xxx

SueM...How are the birthay preps coming on for Gorgeous boys birthday ??  I know this is REALLY stupid, but I did'nt even think about getting a birthday card for Millie until I read about you in the card shop....doh !!  Ian and I have decided to choose one together :)  So thanks for that !!

Jayne...Happy Birthday to Jack for the weekend.....4 !!!  Enjoy yourselfs  xxx

Hello to Ange, Woppa, Jules, Becca, Celia and all the girls, hope you and all the babies are ok ? :) xx

Right....other ganny & grandad coming for lunch tomorrow so have to get a move on and get down to M&S  yummm

·
Registered
489 Posts
Morning all
Well finally, with the help of a very very nice man on the other end of the phone, we have got our broadband up and running   ^banana^Somehow the cable modem had uninstalled itself ::) So fingers crossed, it will be ok, although it has just taken me 15 minutes to get the computor to work this morning...think its time to get a new one ;D
Nothing much to report here at the moment. Benjamin is taking a nap, after another disturbed night...hope this tooth comes through soon :(. Tony has just wrapped a couple of Benjamins xmas prezzies up, got heaps more to do. He went out and got Benjamin every Weeble toy there was ;D Cant wait for xmas this year. Having a nice quiet one this year with just us as it will be soooo much fun watching Benjamins face with all his prezzies.
Hope you all have a lovely weekend..shame about the weather though.

Karen & Benjamin

·
Registered
655 Posts
Hi all

There have been some lovely posts on here to catch up on.

I often find myself at the moment thinking about Carol, Heat and all the other new Mummies just experiencing these feelings & emotions for the first time... ^cloud9^ 

One of my favourite times is when T has just fallen alseep and his mouth goes all sort of relaxed and his bottom lip sort of pouts out...I could go on.... :)

We are over our colds I think.  Toby is still snotty and I haven;t really developed it thankfully.

My little boy climed the stairs today  :eek:  he went crawling down the hall after the cat and suddenly I heard a bit of a loud padding noise, suddenly realised, rushed out there, and he was on the second stair, just going onto the third, whilst the cat had raced to the top and was sitting their like  ^shake^...hmm...need more stair gates.  The new house has 2 flights of stairs god help me!!!!

DH is not going to Japan next week now, hooray!!!!

Well sorry not to do personals tonight, but lots & lots of love to everyone

Vicky & Toby xxx

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hi girls.

Sorry I havent posted in a while, my stupid Dc gave up on me :(  But thankfully my Dh's brother gave us his Pc :) its only windows 98 but its better than nothing eh :)

Well Ive been back to work for nearly 2 weeks now, its getting easier now, I found it quite hard at first leaving Maizey with the inlaws :( I know shes in safe hands but it still dont stop me whelling up everytime I leave her :(  Apart from my sobbing shes been great for the inlaws! no crying what soever when I leave her :)  I'd rather be home with her though :( but there you go eh.

Well Maizey was christend a few weeks ago now, and it went realy well! she loved being a parcel parcel! hehe :) I will upload some piccys in the gallery sometime :)

Well this is just a quicky tonight as I got work in the morning :( So I will catch up with you all tomorrow.

Hope everyone is ok.

Love to all of you!!

Vick xXx  :-*

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Just a quick post from me 'cause I'm a bit tipsy (where's the drunk smiley gone when you need it? ;D). Had a couple of freinds around this evening and had a good old girly chat over a couple of bottles of red. Very nice! Had to have a peek on here before I went to bed though as have only managed to get online for a little bit earlier today. Spent the rest of the day doing housework :(

Jack and Ben both have rotten colds, with Ben seeming to be the worst. He couldn't settle for a nap at all during the day - unheard of for him - and so had some medised before bedtime. I've heard him kicking about in there a few times, but he hasn't called out yet. Have checked his temperature about 20 mins ago as well and it's normal, so that's good anyway. Think he's cutting another tooth too, so he's just all snot and saliva at the moment ;D (sorry tmi!).

I really think he's going to take his first step soon too. He's so steady behind his walker now and stood for a full 10 seconds today not holding onto anything and then he didn't fall down, but lowered himself in a controlled way, so not sure if he could've lasted longer but chose to sit down. Just needs to increase on this a bit now and then hopefully can be encouraged to put one foot in front of the other. I reckon 4 weeks tops and he'll be walking :) Maybe even before his 1st birthday if he gets the knack of it quicker.

Right, best get off to bed I think ;D

Love

Jayne x

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How fab is this !  Never thought of it before, I've moved my old laptop into the kitchen so I can play while I cook ;D !  Fantastic :)

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Hi eveeryone

I am now back from my week in Hastings and it was great. Cold, windy, cramped with all the stuff in our caravans but soo much fun. Lots of walking, swimming and at night we cooked and played cards - babies were all in bed, drank wine and gossipped - fab fun. We will be doing it again next year. Can honestly say that the girls I have met through my mother and baby grouo are some of my closest friends.

Amy is now fine again after her convulsion, the hospital tests came back clear so we will just wait to see if she has anymore - untill then I refuse to worry about it or wrap her in cotton wool.

This week she has watched her friends and decided that crawling is fun  :) so now she's off!!! All over the place she is and is so cheeky with it because she loves it!

No more news really I will do a proper catch up later in week - although I did read that Millie is walking  ;D Clever girl.

And a HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO KATELYN  ^birthday^

Right promise to catch up later
Love sarah x x x

·
Registered
307 Posts
Just a quickie because we're off on holiday tomorrow and i haven't even started packing yet.

Just wanted to say...

Amanda - i laughed and cried at your post! Rebecca slept at her grandma and grandad's last night and i know exactly how you felt. It's our wedding anniversary today so we went out for a meal last night and came home to an empty house afterwards. Well i cried! I was missing her so much! I'd been joking all night that instead of walking home to our house, we should go the other way, because that's where grandma's is. DH said he didn't think his mum would appreciate us rolling up at her house at 1:30am! You're sooo right about the feelings getting stronger every day.

Well done on Millie walking too! When we were at Stratford, i loved watching her crawl, she's so dainty!

Jac - sounds like you had a fab day.

Jayne - sounds like you had fun too!

Right, i'm off to chuck a few things into a suitcase. Hope to do a proper message later.

Gill xxx

·
Premium Member
6,624 Posts
Amanda,

I totally relate to what you said about missing Millie when you got home.... My best mate had Iestyn over night when he was about 8 weeks old and that was tough, but it was nothing compared to a few weeks back when I left him with my SIL overnight!

Firstly I dropped him off before I went out, so I could get showered and ready without worrying about sorting Iestyn out....... now that was so odd and the place seemed so empty....... but then when I got home that night, I missed him so much, although he would have been asleep anyway.

So I agree, although I believe I bonded with Iestyn straight away, the bond I have with him now has just grown immensely, he is my life.

Jac - off to read about your day with Luke!

Jayne - reckon Iestyn's gonna be walking soon too.  He's so confidently cruising around the furniture now and yesterday let go and just stood there for four or five seconds before lowering himself, also in a controlled way.

love to you all,

Sue xxxxxx

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Oh I can so relate to the empty bedroom feeling  :'(  It still happens to me now! 

I haven't spent a night away from Ben yet.  It was the same with Jack.  Just couldn't do it until he was gone 1, and I think Jack was almost 18 months before he spent the night with my mum.  Even now when he goes over night I go into his room and miss him so much my heart hurts.  Like Amanda, just want to go and get him back straight away and really have to control the urge to do so.  He's going to stay with his nanny next Sat and Sun night and already I know how I'll miss him. 

As I say, I still can't manage to let Ben go, but will try once he's past his first birthday.  Empty cot thoughts  :'( :'( :'(  Think it will be nice in the morning though when I can get up whenever I please.  Now that hasn't happened for years!  Not that I'd change that for anything though as the reason I've not had that for years is the best reason in the world.  (but one morning will be nice  ;) ). 

Jac - I think those pics will be stunning. 
Your day with Luke sounds amazing  :) 

SueL - Hope you post some of your pics in the gallery when you get them through.  Would love to see them  :)

Amanda - Fab idea!  ;D 

Gill - Hope you have a lovely holiday.

Sarah - Welcome home.  Glad you had such a lovely time. 

Vicky - Toby's definitely on the move then  :) 

Vick - Glad Maizey's Christening went well.  Will keep a look out for the pics.  Pleased work's getting a bit easier for you too.  It does take some time to adjust in going back, but you do settle into a new routine quick enough. 

Hello to all the other mums and bubbs. 

Well, I wasn't too hung over this morning  ;D  The boys' colds are one of the worst they've had in a long time.  Ben's a lot worse than Jack, but even so, he's not so great either.  Medised and nose drops seem to be helping them though.  We did manage to go out for a couple of hours this afternoon for something to eat, which was nice.  Ben wasn't grumpy, but did seem to just want to sleep (even though he'd had a 3 hour nap before we left), so we didn't stay out too long. 

Ben also cut another tooth today, so no wonder he's been feeling extra lousy and dribbly!

Car's being collected tomorrow afternoon to go and get the damage from the crash repaired.  Will be so nice to have it back to normal.  Can get it valeted then too  :)  (unless they do that of course - not sure they will though).  Wonder what sort of courtesy car I'll have.   
So, will be having a day around the house tomorrow as they are coming between 12 and 4 and no doubt it'll end up being 4.00  ::) 

Tuesday is taking Jack and Ben to the HV, and no doubt lots of time outside (hopefully it'll be dry) teaching Jack how to ride his new bike  ^jumpin^  Can't wait!  He's so excited about his birthday and getting the bike and then doubly excited about his party - although he does realise that's not for another 2 weeks. 

It's going to be a strange day on Tuesday really.  Dh will have already left for work by the time we get up - he usually goes around 6.30 am, and so I'll do all the happy birthday bit by myself (going to decorate the room with balloons and banners on Monday night). Of course Ben will be demanding early morning stuff, like nappy change, milk, food, etc. and Jack will want to be on his bike there and then, so I can imagine a period of bedlam just after we get up. 

I've always videoed Jack as well at the time he was born on each of his birthdays, so must remember to do that this year too.  He was born at 8.16 pm.  Must remember to start the trend for Ben on his first birthday too  :) 

Love

Jayne x

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hi,

I'll catch up again later but in the meantime, I am going out of my mind with Jessica feeling poorly. She has another tooth coming through and is loosing so much fluid dribbling. On top of her really bad cough it is driving her mad. She can only sleep upright and on my chest and even then, she is constantly swallowing fluid.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to soothe a very tired baby other than Calpol, Vicks baby rub, Karvol, Tyxylix or good old fashioned cuddles, I'd be so so greatful.

Love tired Angexxxxxxxx

·
Registered
489 Posts
Hi
Had to take Benjamin to the docs this morning, he has had a nasty cough..almost barking...for about 4 days now, but it is keeping him awake at night ( and me too!!). The doc seems to think he might have the start of an infection, so he is on antibiotics for the first time ever.  Hopefully he might start to get some sleep now..and let us catch up on some.

Ange,
The only thing i found that helped Benjamin is an electric vapouriser, and to raise the end of his cot. I really do have sympathy for you at the moment, as Benjamin is not sleeping too well, and doesnt even want to settle on me either. I hope Jessica is feeling better soon, and that you can get some sleep too.
Karen & Benjamin

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.