·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here ya go  :)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hi all  seems that everyone has been having a real busy halloween.

I took Josh to a Going Batty drawing/painting party at our local National Trust house on Sat morning.  He drew, ate the crayons, and made a lovely purple bat (painted of course) and then all the kids got some juice and fruit.  The organisers were amazed how the kids delved into the fruit commenting "in our day it was all biscuits etc now the kids just love fruit" - Josh eats anything so I don't think it would've mattered what then put in front of him.

He was a little young for the class but I think he enjoyed it.  Great to get covered in paint etc and eat the bat!!

In the afternoon he when to a friends birthday party.  Her little boy was 2 - I was amazed at the how little Charles speech had come on from the last time I saw him.  Josh enjoyed himself, plonked himself at the table and introduced himself to cocktail sausages, crisps and surprisingly spat out the top hats and chocolate crispy buns (much prefers cake).  He found a rocking horse and spent most of the time either on this or playing with the diggers little Charles had. 

Good to see that he is starting to interact with other kids and his is now picking up more and more words.  (he's is another other one for the singing the Ballamory song (can't get the ry at the end but you know what he is saying).

We have the Northern Ireland meet up tomorrow - our first.  I think there are 3 or us meeting up and it will be nice to meet other girls from here.  I am also so curious as I know that Lilly has met with some of you so loads of questions to ask no doubt!

Well girls take care must dash and catch up with some work.

Barbara

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is it time to go back to bed yet ;D !!  Ohh boy...this hour change is soooo much fun ;D  

Have great days all :) ! xxx

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hi everyone

I hardly ever post now (just don't seem to get the time - everytime I have just finished reading all the posts Lilly wakes up and I don't get to post myself!!)

I do try to read all of your posts every couple of days so I feel like I know you all! :)

Lilly is now nearly six months old and she is great - but a real character and very demanding of my time - hence no posts from me (and no housework ever seems to get done!) I don't know where the days go to!

We are doing pretty well - weaning to solids has been easy and we have the first two teeth so things are going along nicely (although yesterday she wouldn't breastfeed at all - all day!!!) I'm hoping today she goes back to normal as it worried me 'cos she won't take a bottle either and is still rubbish with a cup. DH thinks it may be because I let out a scream when she bit me yesterday morning and she is now frightened to try again. Those little teeth are like razors :eek:

Just wanted to say hi whilst I have two minutes spare.

I will try to post more often.

I hope you all had great weekends - we didn't have any trick or treaters at all - I was most disappointed - oh well I'll have to eat all the choccie I bought for them!!!!! ;D

Catch up with you all soon.

Kazza

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Hi everyone

Hope you all had a happy halloween.  Wasnt the boards fab yesterday.

Well had a bad weekend, Anthony seems to be teething really bad, its a shame.  Still no tooth yet.  Im not 100% though if it would make him so distressed.  Can anyone help me out here.  He does have nappy rash, but he has been wakening up during the night in real pain, and taking ages to get back to sleep.  Its a shame for him.  Im at work at the moment, and I can hardly keep my eyes open!!!  I do hope he gets a sleep at the nursery.  Does teething cause all these symptoms, everybody tells me something different at the moment.

Well the studying is hardwork, Im currently resitting my Highers, as I never passed them.  I would like to go into nursing need to see how the grades go first!!!!

Hope everyone is well, will try and post personals later.

Lots of Love

Lisa
xx

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hi Lisa

Sounds like teething to me.  Lilly is much worse at night and she really does scream with the pain.  In the daytime she doesn't really cry but she is dribbling and chewing on everything like crazy.  She has her bottom two and I think her top ones must be on the way although I can't see anything yet.

She does have a bit of nappy rash but not too bad.

The only thing I can recommend is medi-sed - it has really helped her (and us) get a good nights sleep.  Calpol is great in the day but doesn't seem to do the trick for her at night.

Hope that helps.  I hope you get some sleep tonight!!!!!!

Does he have pink cheeks? That's another sure sign.

Good luck

Kazza

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Carol :)

So little man is a greedy guts eh ;D  Fantastic ! Least you know he is getting everything he wants for now....mummys milk ! Yummy :)  Keep it up Luke....your a strong little fella.

Hugs to you & John for the eye test tomorrow, sounds like its going to be a little distressing for you all, so I hope its all over real quick for you all ((cuddles)) for you xxx

Loads of love
Amanda xx

Ps....how do you think they make fluoride ;D !

Pps.....Have a lovely lunch with Dee and KT...give that tootie a tummy rub from me.....i'm so jealous :)

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jac....you've inspired me....we went out this morning and we now have a £1 pack of 10 Chubbies....first wax crayons from ELC.  Just waiting for her to wake up now....come'on Millie ;D !

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OMG !! Yep...cos you have a camera....and I think she does too but says she does'nt ! :(  Ohhh that would be great Carol...go for it ! ;D  You know she's gonna blow you out now eh ! ;D  Should have kept it quiet ;D

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Hiya

Well it had to be done didn't it............... you guessed?

We watched Cbeebies for the first time!  Chloe was watching the colours and smiling so think it could be a life saver for when you need to do something practical........ like put washing on!!

Jayne - will let you know on the work front asap!  doing lots of thinking at the mo!  Are you going to have the flu jab?  ohhhhh the Asda near you sounds good, we don't have one very near us!  Lovely that Jack stayed with you!

Jac - very worried about the mango juice everywhere!

Vicky - sounds like you had a good weekend!  On the subject of sold signs outside of your house being moved....... when I was young (god I sound old saying that!) I used to do that, misspent youth!!!  We also used to move road name signs.................

Sarah - you were spoilt with a roastie too then yesterday!

FC - pics in the gallery were brilliant of Tarnnia.

Jac - Jaqson's masterpiece is amazing......... another Monet or Renoir in the making?  Love the pics in the gallery too.  How's Jaqson's cough now?

Barbara - Josh eating crayons  ;D  ;D  How was the NI meet up? ? Bet you gassed for ages!

Kazza - Lilly sounds like she's doing well!  How's you?

Lisa - hugs to you and Anthony.  Loved his outfit in the gallery!

Carol - great news on Luke's poo!  ;D  Good luck for your first afternoon back at work.  Great news on the umbilical cord staying as a temperature check, but think it would get in the way when dressing?  If Luke's happy with more milk go for it!  Good luck at the hospital with Luke tomorrow for his eye check ((((hugs)))).  Have fun afterwards with KT and Dee, please give them my love.

Sara - thinking of you.

Amanda - how was the drawing with Millie?

Sue - how's you and Iestyn?

We went for a lovely walk along the beach yesterday, Chloe watched her first sunset and we got some lovely pics on the beach!  She's been in a lovely giggly mood all day and it's amazing how well her upper body strength is developing!

Love Sue
xxxxx

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Evening mummies

Just a quick one from me - added a halloween photo to the gallery! Thanks to all the people who posted falling off bed stories - made me feel much better about my incident!

Love to you all

S
x

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
Hi all........i did a big post last night and then lost it! Then i did another one saying 'bu**er i've lost my post' and i lost that too :-\ I've not been able to get on to some threads so have had to change my browser and sometimes it goes a bit nuts when i use mileys!!

Sue ~ are you going to post your Chloe pics......would love to see them :) V jealous that you got roast dinner cooked.....will have to have words with DH.

Vicky ~ hope Toby is ok after his fall......hugs to you too for the shock. Typical DH though.......what a bloke thing to say, grrrrrr.

Barbara ~ hope you are ok.......have fun at the meet tomorrow :) :)

Carol ~ fab news on Lukes poo :)

Ange ~ hope Jessica is better now,

Well i had a lovely day.....didn't really do much but had lots of fun with Kitty who was v smiley all day. Had one of those days when i look at her and think OMG......it really happened and look what i've got...fab, fab, fab

Got music group tomorrow......woohooo. Bummer though as we don't get cbeebies (it's not on normal telly is it?!) I really must move with the times and get digital ;D (Thanks Amanda for the link......i'm clued up on mangoes and coconuts now ;D)

Better go and do some stuff......got a wedding album to get together. Ho hum!

Take care all, Lizzy xxx

·
Registered
655 Posts
Hello peeps

SueL are you sure you & Chloe haven't been up here causing mayhem with the for sale signs then..

Carol, boy Luke is doing really well isn;t he.  If he wasnts to eat, let him!!!  Blimey I don;t think they can have too much as his age.  Hope the eye test goes OK, sorry to hear it's a  bit of an ordeal, hope it's over quickly.

Kazza, lovely to hear from you, but sorry about Lilly's teeth.  Toby was off his food for about 3 weeks with his first two, but didn;t seem to have much pain so I can't be much help I'm afraid.

Lisac, when will you take your exams?  I don;t think I would have the brains to be studying again right now, I do admore you!

Barbara, enjoy the meetup!!  Josh sounds like such a character!!!  I love reading your posts about him, he sounds such a little adventurer!

Jac, hope Jaqson's OK & not going down with something again.

Amanda, what time were you up, then?!!!  Surprisingly enough I was dreading a 5am start but despite a slightly dodgy half hour around 4.30ish, when I thought we might be up for the day  ^evil^, Toby went back to sleep until 7 (actual time!!!) I was amazed.  So I think we may have cracked it, completely by accident.

Sophie, just off to see the photo... :)

FC, sorry your feeling so tired.  I often feel like that lol.  I donlt get good nights tho so I guess that's why.  Toby's been up twice most nights again just this last few days, I sometimes think I am going a bit crazy with it but I don;t always feel so bad the next day, it's just after a run of bad nights I get really run down.  Have you got a date for you op yet?

Well we're still plodding on with house stuff, going to sign the contract on the new place tomorrow, cat's gone to the cat hotel today lol (Toby is going to be distraught when he reaslies, cos we aren't going to fetch her til sat at the earliest).

Out of teh blue, my boss phoned this morning had to come & see me cos there was some "restructuring" going on at work.  Anyway best not say too much about it yet but I hoping there might be an opportunity for me not to have to go back to work after all....a  very tentative yippeee!!!!!

Right, DH is back best get teh tea sorted,

lots of love everyone

Vicky xxx

·
Premium Member
4,304 Posts
Dont mean to intrude

Sophie cant seem to IM you for some reason but just wanted to say how scrumptious Christopher is looking in his ickle pumpkin costume!

Hope your both well and work is going ok for you

Think of you often  :-*

Lvoe Lou xxxx

·
Registered
509 Posts
Hi everyone

Well here we are - we have survived Josephs first day at nursery.

When I took him in,we had to put his things on his peg!! and then I took him to the baby room. He was happy to sit down and play with the toys and even held his arms out to the nursery worker!!!

Then I decided I would go and thats when the tears came!!! Partly because I was leaving him and partly because he was not bothered about me!!!!
I cried infront of 2 nursery workers and all the way to work in the car - i felt awful about leaving him.

I held out until dinner and then I had to phone! He had been ok playing with the toys and had had a little cry but then been rocked to sleep, so at least I know he will sleep at the nursery!

When I went to pick him up he was snuggled up asleep and when he came round he gave me the biggest grin imaginable!!!! He even had a picture up on the wall - a glittery handprint one!!!!!! He had dinner all over him and paint between his fingers!!!! I take it from that he had had a good day!!!

So day 1 is over and it can only get easier from here on in - only 4 more years to go!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a hectic day at work and ache all over. I am so tired as well and can't imagine that this is how it is going to be all the time - housework will now become a thing of the past!!!

Hope evryone else is ok- i'm off for a glass of wine and then bed!!!

Night all - hugs and kisses for your babies!

Sara and Joseph ( sleeping soundly!!!)

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Oh Sara, so glad that all went ok. Must have been awful leaving him, well done you xxxxxxxxxxxx

Jules xxxxx

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
^hello^

Carol - It's so lovely to read about how well Luke is doing and how well he's feeding.  Really heartwarming  :) 
Hope your return to work goes okay. 

Lisa - Ben seems to get a bit of a red bottom each time a tooth appears (he has 8 now and I think no. 9 is on it's way!).  I find Bepanthen cream for his bum is really good, and I also put a teeny bit of hydrocortisone on it after his bath too.  Jack never got a sore bum when he was teething, so this nappy rash thing with teeth is all new to me.  Apparently the acid levels in the waste change and that's why they get sore so easily.  I also find Medised at night, along with some Calgel on the gums, and Calpol in the day tends to hold him through the pain.  It's not nice for them and they can cry loads with it  :( 

SueL - Beach sounds lovely  :)

Amanda - How did the crayoning go?  :)

Sara - Glad the first day wasn't too bad.  I know you had tears, but at least you know Joeseph had a good time.  Hope it's easier next time for you  :-*

Vicky - They did restructuring with my work whilst I was on mat leave.  Hoped for a bit of redundancy there myself, but it wasn't to be  :(  It's worked out for the best though really as I am enjoying what I'm doing now and it's opened up a lot more opportunities if I want them.  Hope your meeting with your boss goes the way you want it to. 

Lizzy - I think like that a lot too.  Was looking at Ben this evening before he went to bed and thought, blimey where did you come from?  This time last year you weren't here!  Well, you were in my tummy and I was definitely ready for you to be out, but you weren't here!  Then felt suddenly overwhelmed and cried  ::)  I get it loads when I'm watching the children playing too and I'm just sitting back and not taking part at that moment and it catches me unawares.  It's a lovely feeling though  :)  I'm sure it never goes away either.  I imagine I'll be feeling exactly the same even when they're grown men!  ;D 

Barbara - Hope the meet went well  :) 

Mel (FC) - Hope you manage to get some kip and feel less zombie like  :)

Jac - Hope Jaqson's cough is not turning into anything worse. 

Kazza - Lovely to hear from you.  Glad that you and Lilly are doing so well  :)

Lou - You're not intruding  :)  How are you? 

^hello^ to all the other mummies  :)

It's lovely having Jack home  :)  Forgot to say that whilst he was away Ben had missed him too.  At brekfast time he kept looking behind the highchair to where Jack usually sits at the table and then looking at me as if to say 'where is he?'.  He'd check every couple of mins again just to make sure he hadn't appeared.  Bless. 

Not so sure he was so excited to see him though today as the first thing Jack did was push his hands off the gate he was holding onto, so he fell flat on his bum!  :eek:  Naughty boy!  Jack does love him to bits, but there's definitely a bit of sibling rivalry starting.  Ben's not all sweetness and light though - he's starting to stick up for himself in his own way too.  Although not being able to talk or walk is a bit of a hinderence  ;D - especaially when Jack says 'I didn't do anything' when Ben lets out a scream, or 'Ben did it!'.  Hmmmmmm  ^evil^

Got my car back today.  Looks like new  :)  Just need to get it valeted now on Friday  :) 

Went to the new Asdas this afternoon, which was okay.  Not as good as I'd expected, but okay  :) 

Going to try and nip to Marks and Sparks in the morning whilst Jack's at nursery and then we're off to the dentist tomorrow afternoon.  Jack's excited!  ::) 

Love

Jayne x

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
Ah Woppa ~ thats lovely (not that you were crying of course but being excited about Chrismas with Eva ;))

I was in Marks the other day and they had tree baubles with 'Babys first Christmas' on them......had to get one :)

Lizzy xxx

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Talking of baby's first Christmas.  It feels a bit odd to me because both of my boys were born fairly close to Christmas time and I've always sort of felt like I've missed out on that first Christmas experience.  They've always been so small that I've been in that knackered, hard work stage and other than buying a bib or something with the 'first Christmas' statement on, I've never really done much to celebrate the event  :(  Too tired to go browsing for decorations and other bits and pieces, etc.  Last Christmas I dragged myself out of bed to see Jack open his pressies and then went back for a couple of hours  ::)The following Chrimbo's have always been good, like this one will be, but the actual firsts haven't really been.  Last Christmas day I had agonising thrush on my nipples from breast feeding (caused by the IV antibiotics I'd had after I got the uterus infection after delivery) and actually saw a doctor on Christmas day for medication it was that bad! 

Might have to have a fake first Christmas for Ben this year and buy all the gear anyway  ;D

Love

Jayne x

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Dear Sara

Its sounds like Joseph had a brilliant time at nursery with all the activities :)  I loved reading about him with dinner all over him and paint inbetween his fingers...ahhhhh, he had fun did'nt he ?!  I hope it get easier for you tiredness wise, bet you slep well last night eh ?!  Hugs to you and love to Joseph,  hope he has a good day today too :)

With love
Amanda xxx

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.