OMG ... My dream is coming true ... in 8 months time I will be here! ;D ;D

Loads of love to you all and your little miracles
Dee
xxx
;D ;D

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
dee im so pleased for you...woppa kindly told me whilst on my hols..

congrates enjoy your bump and before you know it your be having a good ol gossip with us.

keep intouch on your progress.

xx

·
Registered
41 Posts
Dee - Congratulations

Enjoy your pregnancy it goes so fast after the first 3 months - and get as much sleep in now as you can!

Lynn

·
Registered
41 Posts
Lizzy - so much for gazing at Henry today ..... didn't get much time did we!

So its a big milestone tonight - the first time away overnight!!!!!!!!!!!! I am scared - silly I know as my parents will be fine with her but all the same ......

Lynn

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Awww, Deeeeeeeeeee :) That's so nice to see at the start of a new thread. We told you we were keeping a space warm for you ;D

Blimey! Quiet around here without all the gossipers :-\ Feel all lonely :p Still, at least I didn't have to read back over a million pages first ;D Hope everyone's having a fabbo time in Stratford ;D

Have had a nice day today so far. Made chocolate rice crispie cakes with Jack this morning whilst Ben was having his nap, and then I pureed a load of carrotts and parsnips for him (his fave!). Did some apricots too. Have tried him on a few jars recently just to see what he'd think of them - one was lentil and veg bake and the other was just carrots and potatoe - and he turned his nose right up at them. Seems mummy's home cooking is definitely preferred ;D Suits me. I'd prefer to cook for him myself anyway.

Jayne x

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Yay Dee!!!! Many congrats on your positive. Really pleased for you ;D ;D.

It is quiet, I hope everyone has had a great weekend at Stratford. I was really upset that we couldn't go but now am glad as Kirstie has a nasty bug, lots of sickies and runny poos. It would have been awful for her to be ill while we were away from home and rotten if she had passed it on to the other babies.

Jayne - Mmmmmm krispie cakes - yummy ;D. Sounds like Ben is the opposite to Kirstie - she wont touch my cooking but probably because she started off on the jars. She will eat a little fresh fruit though so at least that is something. I am going to have to start sneaking ever increasing home cooked food into her jars ;)!! But for the moment it is water and dioralyte only for her. Poor little thing is really hungry and keeps making the noise she does when she wants her milk :-\.

Best go - love to all mummies and babies :-*

Love

Allie

·
Registered
458 Posts
Morning girlies,

Just back from Stratford - had to get up and leave early doors as Jay was trying to get back for golf - just made it.....phew.

Not staying on long as I have to unpack and Jessica will be ready for her mid morning trough very soon. All the FF babies are lovely and they all behaved pretty well (Jessica was a bit of a grumpy bum but slept fine for her mummy and daddy at night).

It was fab...it's the first one I've been to and I really enjoyed it. Can't wait for the next one.

I'll catch up later.

Love Angexxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi everyone.

Dee,congratulations on your fantastic news.You'll be posting here in no time at all.

Angie,you must have had an early start to get back so quickly-I'm pleased to hear Jessica slept so well.

Jane-rice crispie cakes,yum,can we come over for tea?

Allie,sorry to hear that Kirstie is poorly.Give her a kiss from me.How are you feeling now?

We are all fine.We are still battling with Issy's eating though.She will eat a few spoonfuls of savoury & clamp her lips shut. ???But I know there is nothing wrong,because if I give her fruit or yogurt,she eats loads of it.She is just playing me up I think,but it is SO frustrating when I know she has happily eaten the same stuff before. :mad:I am glad she has never had any other pudding than fruit or natural yogurt,other wise,she would no doubt be refusing everything in favour of that.I am trying my hardest to stop mealtimes becoming a battle of wills,I think she is turning into a toddler early!

The H.V I spoke to said to cut out all her bottles apart from 1st thing in the morning & bedtime,but the only difference it has made is that she now cries because she is hungry (never did before),but still doesn't eat any more.I am not to sure about dropping bottles like that,as she has never been a big milk drinker anyway & now averages 16 oz a day at most after cutting the others out.I am going to try & speak to my regular hv tomorrow & get her weighed.If she is still gaining weight,I perhaps won't worry so much.

We took her to see the calves & lambs on the farm last week,along with the twins my sister nannies for.Apparently the twins are obssesed with Issy & me at the minute.They have a doll called 'baby Isabella' & take turns in playing 'mummy Kathryn'.They were far more excited to see us than the animals & insisted on pushing Issy's pram & then getting in it with her.(good job its a big coach built one).

My sister said that their older brother has gotten involved in their game now & the other night he was pretending to be 'daddy Neil' & was shouting 'Where is my supper mummy Kathryn?'umm-sounds like real life then?

Has any one read Tracy Hogg's toddler book? I found her baby book very helpful,but it doesn't really apply anymore,so wondered if anyone had read the next one.

Hope all who went to Stratford had a fab time-can't wait to hear about it.
Love
Kathryn

·
Registered
114 Posts
Lynn-how did overnight go?

:D
Love
Kathryn

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi girls

Last night was Fab!!

Jasmine was a little angel for my parents and slept through the night for them. She went for a walk in her pram with my dad in the morning, and bumped into some of grandad's friends from the gym who all had a coo at her - she slept through it though!

We had a great time - a lovely meal and a good drink - my first good drink for a year!

I hope to read of all the tales of stratford soon - glad to hear you had a good time Ange.

Allie I hope Kirstie is feeling better. Its horrible to see them unwell.

Jayne those chocolate rice crispie cakes sound great - its funny I was never much of a choc eater before pg, but now love it.

Lynn

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Welcome home girlies ;D I missed you all ;) Meant I had to spend extra time on Ebay :eek: ;D

Love

Jayne x

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Hi Jayne!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Missed you too, really wished you were there!!!!!! Hope to meet up with you are your two little boys one day!

Love Jules xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
6,624 Posts
Hi Girls,

Lovely to be back, but had the best weekend ever! Great to meet up with so many of the mums and bubbs from this thread!

I've got to admit, I was so impressed with how Iestyn was amongst so many new people, just lapping up all his cuddles and although not feeling well, still managed to smile away for everyone and flash his big blue eyes.

Jules - what ever you're feeding Katelyn seems to be doing the job - I can't believe she's only two weeks older than Iestyn. Lovely rosie cheeks.

Sarah - Amy is such a lovely little dot, with the cutest smile.

Jac - Jaqson is such a cutie, never short of a smile for anyone. I can't believe that he used to hate strange crowds, he certainly plays up to them now.

Angie - Great to meet you and Jessica at last, another cutie you have there. What time did you get off yesterday morning.

Fiona - Awww, talk about make me broody all over again. Xander is adorable and so tiny, yet perfect.

Mel - Still never got my cuddle with Jessica, will not miss out next time! She just amazed me with how many expressions she can make with her face.

Ooops, my poorly little man is crying in his cot, so will have to finish this one later, he needs a cuddle!

Love,

Sue xxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Never seen so many gorgeous babies in one place
What a weekend! If I wasn't broody before - I am now!

Fee xxxxxxx

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi Girls,
How did you all enjoy the weekend? Bet you all had a ball! Looking forward to reading all about it.
l am feeling a bit better now. l didn't bother giving Cara a formua bottle, think l will leave it just now. When l asked my H.V her advice she started going on about good bacteria and bad bacteria in the bowel and with Cara having the op for her twisted bowel l will just leave it. Started physio for prolapse too, got given some exercises but l feel as if its going to take forever before l feel comfortable again. Enough of my moans.
Looking forward to seeing all the photos of your weekend away in the gallery.
Love to all
Lou x

·
Registered
655 Posts
Hi everyone

Glad you all had such a wonderful time at Stratford, even tho some of the little ones are poorly? Hope Iestyn & Kirstie are better soon.

Thanks everyone for the advice on the piles!!! They have actually got alot better since I posted and I think its the cream so I'll continue using it.

Well I had a really bad day on Sat. I hadn't really had teh Blues up til now.

I cried all day and just felt so dreadful, even tho generally Toby is really good I felt like I couldn't cope at all. Sunday felt a bit better and today not too bad. I just feel very anxious about whether Toby is doing the right thing at the right time - if he's sleeping I think maybe he ought to be awake, and vice versa, if he's feeding I don;t know if it's enough, I just feel very unconfident about how I'm handling things. I also think I've read too many books all conflicting advice and don;t know which course to follow.

Although Toby has taken to the bottle of expressed milk at late pm feed really well, (I have done it the last couple of nights to see if it helped him go through longer and also so DH could help out more giving me a break), he hasn;t settled afterwards to sleep without a quick suck on my boob - much to DH frustration. He was up with him til 2.30 last night, then I took over & we eventually got to sleep at 4.30!! Two clothes changes and several top ups and comfort sucking etc later....

I feel really like a failure if I can;t get him back to sleep in his crib either as the only failsafe way I seem to have is to BF lying down and then he falls asleep next to me in the bed. I don;t want to have him in bed just because of the supposed risks and I'm afraid if I do it too often it will become the norm?

Please someone reassure me they felt like this too!!!

Lou, glad you're feeling a bit better, you have had mre than your fair share to deal with so take it one step at a time.

Jac - good luck at work!!!

Love to evryone else,

Vicky xxx

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Hello Fee ;D ;D ;D Your daughter is beautifull ;D, lovely to meet you, what you going to do with that dvd !! hee hee x x x

Fiona....Xander is just beautifull, so small & so good ! He was the youngest baby there and an absolute star, just gorgeous ! x x x

Jayne.....does that mean you have been spending again? ;D lol x x x

Hi to Sarah & Jules.....hope you are both well today ? ;D x xx

Speak to ya'll later !

x x x x x x x x x x x

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Dear Jac

Hope today went well for you ? Let us know how you got on with the new job ;D Love to you all and let chase know we did floor dancing & birdie today.....went down a treat ;D ! Thank you both x x x

Amanda xxxx

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi Vicky,
l am glad that you felt a little better today. You must be tierd, which might be making you feel worse. l am sure Toby is doing great, your a fab mummy. We can all only try our best, thats what keep saying to myself. Sometimes l look at Cara and feel a bit guilty for nothing, l do everything around her but worry she is bored sometimes, DH thinks l am being silly, she doesn't know to be bored. l think its only natural that we will worry a wee bit more we have waited so long for our little ones.
Take care hunny.
Love Lou x

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Hello Lou

I too really worried about the boredom thing with Millie, mainly for the first 2 months, I am fine about it now cos she has the ability to entertain herself. Spoke to my hv about it and she said babies only need their mums for the first 3 mths anyway, dont need anything else for entertainment, so please dont worry. I understand how you feel but it will & does pass as they get older ;D

Love to you
x x x

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.