·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Home Mum's

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Awful news about poor little Jaqson, does anyone know how he is today??

Sarah - so sorry to hear that Amy had another fit, bless her xx

Just a quickie from me! When should I be thinking of starting to potty-train Katelyn????? My MIL really p***ed me off last night saying that I should be doing it by now!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not so sure???

Love Jules xxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Thanks Elaine, I thought as much!!!! xxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I know what you mean!!! Can't think of the name of them though??? But have seen them in the Mothercare catalogue!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
489 Posts
Hi woppa
They are just called activity centres. We got ours from mothercare online, its a graco one and cost £80 approx. I know you can get another graco one, from toys 'r' us but i dont know how much that one is. Ben has been using it since he was 6 months old, he still fits in it now, which is a god send if i need to go and hang the washing out etc.

Sarah,
Sorry that Amy has had another fit, but i am glad that they have brought all her tests forward.

Not much happening here, Benjamin is over his rash but has caught a cold  :(..hope he's ok for xmas  ;D

Karen & Benjamin

·
Premium Member
6,624 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hi girls,

Sara - so sorry to hear about Amy - poor little luv (and poor you too - you must be out of your mind with worry). Is she still running a temp? Give her a big kiss at bedtime from me and Jessica.

Mel (FC) - I think it's a fab idea too about getting all our little ones pics in there chrimble outfits. Are we talking novelty babygrows like Santa nad Ruldolf or christmas party dresses and stuff. I saw a lovely babygrow in Mothercare but the have the same one, or at least the same style, in Tesco so I'm going to wait until I get paid at the end of this week and get one.

I've just been reading about Chase being booted out of the hospital at 3am - how [email protected] is that? If I'd have been a nurse on that ward, taking one look at Jac and Chase, I wouldn't have deared asked him to leave....you'd have to have sacked me first!!! But really - poor little luv should be able to have his mummy and daddy there.

Jayne - I bought Jessica a pillow from Mohtercare today for babies, but did they have a 'baby's pillow sized pillowcase'?? Nope!!! And it says do not use without a pillowcase. Guess I'll just have to attempt to make one as they didn't know in the store where I could get one from - stupid or what??
Oh and don't suppose you fancy coming round to ours and cleaning do you, peferrabley before Monday as I'm working a full day and Jay is off and his version of tidy is slightly different than mine. There's likely to be nothing left in the house bar him and Jessica when I get home.

Vicky - On the nappy front - Jessica's first week back in nursery after being poorley, day 1 they left her in a dirty nappy and her bum was really sore and blistered. God knows what she had been eating to make it go so sore so quickly. Sudocrem seems to be okay as a barrier cream but the Mitanium works better if it is sore. Just to make it more complicated, I have found that if the skin is broken, as Jessica's was, I used the Bepanthum and it really helped. The Mitanium was too thick to smooth over the area and she screamed the place down where as the other stuff is more like a gel than a cream and went on easier.

I'm supposed to be watching I'm a celeb at the mo. Jay bogged off out to the pub because he didn't want to watch it. So I'm here at the computer craving a bag of crisps and haven't got any in. I was supposed to do a craft fair yesterday but forgot all about it and I've made far too many christmas cards and now, other than going door to door, don't think I'll get chance to sell them.

I've been banned from Ebay despite making back £120 of £300 I've spent on there.

Everytime I post on here nowadays, it's when I'm supposed to be doing something else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My feet have gone dead and I need to go and find some food - no crisps in the house so I'll just have to find something else.

Hi to everyone else and bubs.

AF due next week so fingers crossed for me girls ;)

Love Angexxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Woppa - put your feet up girl and rest. Your brain will come seeping back some day, I promise - although I must admit, it just cost my boss £700 for me to do this course to get mine working again!!!!

·
Premium Member
6,624 Posts
Shocked!  Did type a response but deleted it - will have a think about reposting it!

Sue xx

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Evening girls

Just a little message to say hi and love to you all! Was going to do a longer post but now feeling pretty upset at a post I've just read that's been moved. Sue - I've just deleted my response too!

Anyway lots of love to you and the gorgeous bambinos

Sophie
xxx

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Sue - I'm confused  :-\  Don't know what the post was, but hope everything's okay?

Woppa - I got one of those Graco activity centres for Jack and Ben, but to be honest both of them only used them for the short period of time in between being able to sit up and stand.  Once they were able to pull up to standing by themselves they wanted out of there to cruise around.  So, I'd definitely say get a bargain/second hand one if you can, as they do have a limited lifespan. 

Ange- LMAO at your Ebay ban  ;D  I just put some more stuff on there tonight - old toys and bits. 
Keeping EVERYTHING crossed for you that you don't get AF next week  ^reiki^

Jules - I didn't even attempt potty training until Jack was 2 and a half.  He was sitting on a toilet seat and going for a wee before his bath for a few months before this, and we then skipped the potty altogether and just used the toilet.  Much easier I reckon  :)  Planning on doing the same with Ben.  Can't be doing with washing out potties all over the place.  May as well be changing a nappy. 

Got a rotten cold now and feel really naff.  Mind you, it's like a sick bay in this house right now.  Jack and Ben both have awful coughs too and dh has just announced he also has a sore throat.  Ah well  ::) 

Just done an online food shop as can't be bothered trailing around Tesco's tomorrow. 

Think this series of I'm a Celeb is going to be interesting - lots of scraps coming me thinks  ;D

Love

Jayne x

·
Registered
458 Posts
Morning,

I've just been to my yahoo inbox to click on updates on here and it said response posted by 'anxious'. Can't see a response on here from anyone using that username???

Confused now, also with Sue and Sophie.

I'm bog eyed this moorning - pooey dog in the night again.

Must go.

Love Angexxxxxxxxx

ps - Woppa, how would I go about selling my cards onhere then??????????

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hi everyone

Big hugs to all the bubbas and mummies who are feeling a bit off.

Another few days away from work and I miss so much.  

Well the news of little Jaqson was a shock to me this morning.  I expected to log on and find he was doing great but then been doing a frantic catch up to see all that has happened to the poor wee mite and his parents - awful but here is hoping that he is back to health again soon.

Well we've had a frantic week.  Josh had what I thought was a cold the weekend before last but on Tuesday night he was up several times and I thought he breathe smelt a bit.  On Wednesday he was a mess, Wed night we noticed spots appearing on his little arms, legs and shoulders and on Thursday things went from bad to worse.  I phoned the dr on Thursday morning and was given an appointment for Friday am.  By the time Keith came home from work, the little spots were now the front and back of his legs, he hadn't eat for 3 days although he was drinking and mummy and him were exhausted.  When I bathed him on Thursday night he cried solid and when I tried to put him down to put a nap on he went balistic - at that point I thought enough is enough (I had put my hand on the back of his neck to lay him down and that was when he went totally ape on me).  We then phoned the out of hours dr and did a rush to see them.

Saw a lovely girl who examined him, checked his throat and fully understood my concerns about trying to put him down.  By this stage his rash was worse again.  I kept saying I've done the glass test and the rash seems fine but going ape when I tried to put him down really frekked me.  Up shot is that he had tonsilitis and the rash is part of this with toddlers.

We thankfully got an antibiotic and it kicked in 12 hours later.  His appetite has returned and thankfully we had the first good nights sleep again.

Dh again was frekking with the situ and it was me who remained calm.  Mothers intutiion must work after all!!

Well girls again time has caught up with me - must go - hopefully my next update won't be as dramatic (not that it compares in anyway to little Jaqson).

Love to all

barbara

·
Registered
260 Posts
Barbara,
I am glad to hear that it was only tonsilitus, but what a worry at the time. I hope Josh continues to feel better ^hugme^

Sarah,
I am not up-to-date with everything that has happened but I am sorry to hear that little Amy has had another fit. Big hugs to you all; this must be a horribly worrying time for you while you wait for tests to be carried out. Thinking of you ^hugme^

Flo

x

·
Registered
260 Posts
Okay, after being a real misery-guts last week I have a more cheerful post this time!

We had a wonderful week last week. Ben had been quite poorly for a while with teething related symptoms. He was feeling pretty sorry for himself and had a raging sore bum from nappy rash ^shake^
then..........
On Sunday morning, Voila...........the tooth (No. 7) came through! ^milestone^

With an instant recovery on the way,what did he do? He slithered off our bed where he had been wrestling with Daddy ^Exercise!2^ ^pompom^ ^jumpin^ ^excercise3^ AND WALKED ACROSS THE BEDROOM TO SHOW MUMMY ^Exercise!2^ ^pompom^ ^jumpin^ ^excercise3^

and he walked... and walked...... and walked.........and walked............
He was chuffed to bits with himself and grinned and giggled ...... and walked all day. It was wonderful ^sunny^

"So now I am a toddler," Ben thought to himself.
Cue: teatime on Sunday, picking food out of his mouth and throwing it on the floor ^tantrum^
Where the heck did that come from?

Next morning .......... still walking............. Mummy came out of the shower to discover her sweet, innocent, good-natured, gentle little baby boy ^baby^ gulping down handfuls of soil from one of her potted plants ^evil^

Tuesday: Ben went down for a nap while Mummy washed the kitchen floor................ Mummy hears horrendous crash from Ben's room ............... rushes upstairs at the speed of sound ............... Ben has CLIMBED OUT OF HIS COT ^scared^
(or should I say climbed up, fallen down) Absolutely fine thank God, but Mummy has since been making herself ill about what might have been...........

Then came Thursday - Ben's 1st Birthday ^sunny^

It would appear that my gorgeous baby turned into a toddler with attitude literally overnight! ;D BUT don't get me wrong, we have had more fun than ever this week ^roflmao^
Ben is suddenly aware that he has something called free will, and boy is he practising it!
Looking forward to a lot of fun and laughter in the days and weeks to come in Ben's house.............

love Flo
xxx

p.s. got my fsh test results back - not brilliant, but not menopausal either. ^rainbow^

·
Registered
489 Posts
Flo
Congratulations on Ben becoming a toddler...and what a week you have had too. Bet his birthday was great. Hoping Benjamin wont try to get out of his cotbed for a while yet ;D
Barbara,
Glad to see Josh is on the mend. It must have been awful for you.
Ange,
We got a pillow from mothercare too, the only pillowcases they had were a fiver each :eek:. Wasnt gonna pay that for them, so i used some of Benjamins pram sheets folded in half, sewed them up and they fit just lovely... ;D
Woppa,
The first activity centre listed from ebay is the one Benjamin has, its great. Hope you have luck with the bidding.
Karen & Benjamin

·
Registered
166 Posts
Just a quickie

Flo things just accelerate from here on in.  Josh was such a gentle little boy until he found his feet and also his self determination.  Good luck for the months ahead - you have some trying but very enjoyable moments to come.

Barbara

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hi everyone - well I am relieved to read on the other thread that Jaqson has now been allowed back home. Jac and Chase I think you've been badly treated all through. Big hugs to Jaqson and hope he's back to his normal self real soon.

Sarah sorry to hear Amy had another fit and hope they manage to get to the bottom of what's causing it.

Barbara - glad to hear Josh is recovering from his tonsilitis - also sounds a scary time for you.

Flo - sounds like you had a good week with Ben. Clever boy walking now - this is where the fun really starts!! But it is fun (most of the time!) but brings the occasional challenge too!

Jules - agree with the others not to start potty training yet. My mother in law has made comments too. We now have a potty in the bathroom but Hannah won't even sit on it at the moment! She will tell me sometimes that her nappy needs changing so that's a start.

Jayne - do you want to come and do my cleaning for me!! Our house is a mess at the moment as we are decorating the spare room. Best sort of thing to be doing this last weekend as the weather was so miserable. Still I did get to hear "Mummy snowing!!" which was great and we kept having to go to the front door to see if it was sticking!! Also introduced Hannah to the family tradition of helping to make a Christmas cake last week - she loved helping mix it!!

Anyway had better finish here as Hannah has woken up and is sitting on my knee drawing on my hand as I type!!

Take care all

Love Celia & Hannah

·
Registered
458 Posts
Oyi Celia - hands off Jayne, she's coming to Manchester to clean our house first ;D

Love Angexxxxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
;D  Bog off and clean your own houses!  ;D ;D 

Ceilia - Isn't it great doing the cooking thing  :) I try and stick with all the simple stuff with Jack at the moment, ie. Jelly frogs - put jelly into moulds and float those foam backed jelly frog sweets in them, rice krispie cakes, and sometimes those packets of fairy cake mixes and let him do the mixing and decorating of them.  He loves it and feels so proud of his creations afterwards  :) 

Flo - Yayyyy, way to go Ben  ^clapping^ ^banana^ ^afro^ ;D  What a clever boy taking your first steps  ;D  Sounds like you're getting up to lots of mischief nowadays  ^naughty tony^  Your twinnie is very imnpressed with you  :)  He's trying his best to take that first unaided step, but hasn't quite manged it yet.  I think it's close, but maybe he'll walk at the same time Jack did - 14 months.  Must admit, that suits me just fine  ;D ;D  Although, in saying that, it does get a bit easier once they're walking as you don't have to lug the pushchair out for short trips, so I'm looking forward to just being able to take Jack into nursery without having to get the pushchair in and out of the boot, twice in one morning for Ben  ::) - particularly when it's piddling down!
Can't believe he climbed out of his cot already!  :eek: Can't see Ben even knowing how to lift his leg up to get over and he's not tall enough to lean far enough over the top without standing on something to just fall out.  Hope he doesn't try soon either - hopefully the sleeping bag will delay this action as well.  Jack didn't do it until he was almost 2 either.  Phew!

Karen - Brilliant idea on the pillowcase  :)  I bought a really expensive one in Mothercare at the time I bought the pillow for Jack.  Think it was about a fiver then too and I was appauled, but couldn't find a small one anywhere else and I'm not creative enough to even have thought about making one  ;D 

Talking of pillows.  Think I might give Ben his soon.  Am sure he'll love to snuggle up to it.  Going to wait a while on the cot quilt though as Ben's so used to a sleeping Bag and sleeping width ways at the top end of the cot, that I'm sure the quilt wouldn't be covering him for long. 
That's the downside of these bags.  Babies don't learn how to sleep under ordinary covers.  Jack had no probs with the quilt because he was used to sheets and blankets.  Just as well they do sleeping bags into child size  ;D

Barbara - What a scarey time for you.  So pleased that all was well and Josh is now back to his normal self. 

Ben was awake nearly the whole night last night.  I didn't need to go to him, but he did keep me awake with the constant grumping he was doing.  In fact, he's been grizly for a few days now, and this morning we found out the reason why.  He's cut a back tooth!  The thing is, it's only partially errupted, so I imagine a few more restless days/nights to come whilst the rest cuts through.  So, now he has 9 altogether.  5 on the bottom and 4 on the top  :)

Forgot to say as well that Ben's started tapping me when I say 'where's mummy?' and saying 'mamamama' at the same time  :) I remember Jack doing it and have been longing for Ben to do it too, and now he is.  It's fab and completely melts me  :)  He also does it for Nana, is almost there with dadda, ie. says dadda, but just looks instead of tapping dh.  He just looks for Jack as I think that name is a bit out of his vocabulary range at the moment  ;D ;D 

Isn't this age just fab!  The playfullness really comes through in them, and I love playing all the chasing and tickling games.  We were being roaring lions earlier and Ben was going raaaarrrrrrrrhhh all over the place.  So funny!  ;D

Love

Jayne x

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Forgot ........ Bought a denim, disney store, winnie the pooh denim jacket off Ebay for Ben the other day, and it arrived today.  It's fab!  Paid £4.99 for it, which I thought might be a bit pricey at the time for a second hand item, but really liked the look of it, so took the chance.  So glad I did.  It looks brill on Ben and should last him well into the spring/early summer with it being aged 12-18 months.  Need to fold the sleeves back on it at the moment and it's a bit big, but still looks great  :)  Got a lovely wooly type collar and few lovely embroideries all over of Winnie, Tigger, Pooh, etc. 

Jayne x

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.