Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New home

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sarah It is horrible when you dont get on with your in-laws. But Amy is still there grandaughter and should be treated the same.
Paul's Dad wouldnt have anything to do with us when we contacted Pauls Mum. He hadnt seen his mum since he was small. His dad had told him & his brother she had gone to Australia. She was in fact half an hour down the road. He had cleared off with the boys when they were small and didnt tell her where they had gone. Long story. Anyway because we contacted her. he got all funny and told Paul he was written out of the will. His mum was so lovely, a really lovely MIL couldnt have wished for a better one. Sadly we only had 5 years with her before she passed with cancer. She would have loved Joe to bits. Anyway i see Pauls dad sometimes when i go shopping and he doesnt even acknowledge Joe. We have tried to build bridges but he wont have a bar of it. So i now say well its his loss.
It must be awful for you though when they are constantly picking on you. Well i think you are a great mum to Amy so stick your finger up at them.

Sue Your post sounded lovely. Sadly Paul works most weekends but in the summer he is going to try and get some off so we can go out for family days.

Amanda What strange dreams you have. ^roflmao^

Joe was awake at 6 this morning ^shocked^ and i have cooked Roast Lamb dinner for 9, sat and watched William & Mary and i am still awake ^shocked^ Things are looking up.

Love Kim x x x

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Wow !!! Kim

That's some meal ;D Making me hungry again now...can't stop eating at the moment....very snacky ;D Glad to see you are feeling more like your old self !

Thanks for the new thread x x x

·
Premium Member
6,624 Posts
Not nice to call Kim 'old' Amanda!!!! ^roflmao^.

Kim - I've not had roast lamb for a good couple of years, my taste buds are now really going - though I've just eaten a large packet of choccy buttons, so am not really hungry.

off to bed now.

Love,

Sue xxxx

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Lol......Sue's on form tonight !

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Meant to say
It was funny because i dont remember Joe coming in to our bed last night. I woke at 5ish and thought blimey he is being good. Then looked behind me and there he was.

Well i am nearly old Sue. :)

Sorry to make you all feel hungry but it did turn out nice.

Love Kim x xx

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Sarah - Sorry to hear you're sad :( I hope the next outing tomorrow goes okay. Family can be a real nightmare sometimes :-\ I'm not even going to get started about my in-laws, let alone my immediate family, but suffice to say, I understand where you're coming from.

Kim - Yum, yum! Dinner sounds lovely.
Hope the tiredness settles for you soon.

Well, dh and I have officially turned into sad gits ;D We've taken a real interest in doing puzzles :-[ It all started when I bought Jack a slightly harder (5+ years one) Nemo puzzle a couple of months back and dh and I did it before he could get his hands on it :-[ :-[ And now, we're addicted to the adult variety. Can't walk past the kitchen table without popping a piece in. Started with a 500 piece one, just about to complete a 1000 piece one, and have ordered a shed load off Ebay including a 2000 piece one. Sados or what!

I remember the days when we used to go to the pub and get wrecked, now we put the children to bed and do a puzzle :-\ Bit worrying really ^chuckle^

Hopefully it's just a phase ^chuckle^

Jayne x

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Blimey! Just noticed you're on line Amanda. Bit late for you! ;D ;D ;D

Jayne x

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Ahh Jac...sorry to hear Jaqson is not well, truly hope he is well again today, get well Jaqson :) I was thinking about all the people going out this weekend and getting plastered in town drinking and dancin away....sounds great but I don't fancy it at the moment either, more then happy to have fun indoors !! lol

Jayne... you made me lmao ! The last time I did a puzzle was when I was about 13 right before I got my first boyfriend and computers were invented !! lol enjoy ! ;D Ebay again.... ?? lol!! Was on line late cos I have a new pc, Ian is having my laptop cos his one is on its last legs and I have a new pooter....so just trying it out & loading it all up again

My baby brother is 30 today, remember when mum brought him home from the hospital (i was 5), she put him on the bed and I said "is that all he does?!"....lol, how the years have flown, can't wait to see him later, coming round for dinner about 6'ish

Hope you all had a great weekend ;D Not over yet !

Love to you all
Amanda xxxx

·
Registered
260 Posts
Jaq,
Sorry to hear Jaqson was not feeling himself.

Hope he is better today :-* :-* :-*

Flo and Ben

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
hello girls !! HAPPY EASTER TO YOU ALL :-*

sorry for not being around as much :-[ jack is so on the move its mad he only has about 20mins kip in the day and thats it...so i dont stop from 7am to 8pm but its fun..bought him a walker for him to push as he now stands up alot now which is weird seeing such a small person standing next to me....everytime i see him do something new now i just have to pick him up and give him at least 100 kisses. (might as well enjoy it as in a few years he'll be saying get off mum ) he he,

havent got time to read the posts but i get the drift poor jaqson isnt well?? jac send him a kiss from me.

kimric hows the 2nd attempt going? i was going to start last week (monday) but phoned up and said ill do it in may as i want to detox a little before hand.

suemj when are you going for the next one?

hows everyone else?

watched love actually the othernight what a funny film chinnes a few forsters and my dh all in one hit made a nice change to have a night like that.

right im off to look at ebay..got a lovely cheap buggy £37 brand new. want a spinning top as jack has broken hes and i just cant seem to fine one..not even toys are us..has anyone else seen them?

speak soon
xx

·
Registered
655 Posts
Hi everyone

jac sorry to hear jaqson is poorly, hope he's feeling better tomorrow.

Kim your lunch sounds lovely, gald you are feeling better.

jayne, LMAO I go to bed straight after supper & settling Toby usually at the mo so this is a rare treat for me to be on-line in the evening let alone doing something as exciting as a jigsaw!!

I went out for lunch today with DH and my two step children who had been really off about Toby before he was born - the whole situation threw them I think - but we had a really nice meal today and my sd who is nearly 16 helped DH with Toby while I went up for a kip for a whole hour & a half!!! - she gave him a bit of expressed milk, changed him, & generally kept an eye on him for the afternoon.

I am so pleased they are bonding, I was so worried about it.

Right that's my rations, better go & spend an hour with DH before the next feed..

BTW Sue my piles seem much improved with the use of the anusol cream & eating plenty of veggies & drinking loads (well with BF I am always thirsty anyway). But I read up on the subject and you can have them "dealt with" if they're really bad :(

What a lovely subject to finish with!

Love to you all

Vicky xxxx

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi Girls,
Hope you all had a fab weekend.
Amanda - enjoy your meal with your brother.
Sarah - sorry to hear your sad. How did the day with your inlaws go? Ok l hope.
Jayne - Easter at your house sounds great.
Cara is wanting fed so must go, sorry.
Before l do is anybody else baby fasinated with the TV, Cara almost breaks her neck trying to look at it at then spends ages looking at it laughing and kicking her legs. Think this is ok?
love Lou x

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Evening girls

Sounds like there's been lots of good easter weekends had!

need some advice please - christopher has his first set of injections tomorrow ( ARGH!). What's the best thing to do about Calpol? I think I remember some of you giving your babies a dose before the injections? Or is it only half a dose? Is it ok for him to have Calpol when he's only 9weeks old?

Thanks for your help

Sophie
xxx

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi Sophie,
l gave Cara half a sachet of calpol as soon as we got home after her jags and then again later on in the evening and she was fine. Good luck.
How did you find the baby massage class? l am thinking of going along.
Hope that you and Christopher are well.
Love Lou x

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
Hi Sophie (oh and everyone else - sorry :-[)

Happy easter

I gave Jessica Calpol when we got home after her first stabs (and second lot last week) and it is wonderful stuff, 2.5ml is the recommended dose for little ones.

Hope all goes well and big hugs to Christpher for his 1st jabs.

mel

x x

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Lou2 and Mel - thanks for your calpol advice. I'm not looking forward to the experience at all!!

Lou2 - the baby massage class was fantastic! I'd definitely recommend it. Met some nice mummies and babies too including a girl who lives just round the corner and IVF as well.

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Vicky,

on the subject of piles been dealt with :-[ :'(my advice is DON'T.

I had the operation and wont go into detail but i have to say it was the worst pain in my life,and they came back again after a few month its no cure. :-[ ^shake^

love lisaxx

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Think you can get suppositories from the docs that shrink piles if they don't go down with the creams. Annusol is great though because it has local anaesthetic in it. I had one really bad one after having Ben (not surprising though considering he was 9lb 9oz :eek: and never mind it feeling like having a massive poo, it was more like passing a concrete bollard ;D ). Anyway, I diverse ;D The annusol has totally gotten rid of any piles I had from the birth, and I found it excellent when they were flared up.

Hmmmm, the things we women will talk about ^chuckle^

Jac - Hope Jaqson is on the mend really soon. Big ^Cuddle^ to him.

Sophie - Yep, 2.5 ml of Calpol for a baby under 3 months is fine about half an hour before the jabs and then at 4-6 hourly intervals afterwards, but no more than 4 doses in 24 hours.

In fact, I saw the doc with Ben before he had his first set of vaccinations as he had a really bad cough and his resps were really fast, and I wasn't happy with him at all. Of course he was fine, but the doc asked if I'd given him Calpol and I said no because he was too young (I had though, just the one dose the day before. Shouldn't have fibbed really, but didn't want to get a slapped wrist :D), and he said I should give it if baby was ill in the small doses, and it was fine at that dose before 3 months.

Hope Christopher doesn't react at all to them.

Lou2 - Both Jack and Ben were the same with the TV. They love it. I think for a baby the moving pics take their interest and stimulate them a bit. I'm useless at controlling TV time with Jack. CBeebies or Nick Junior are on all day in our house. He probably doesn't actually watch that much of it mind, and it's mostly background noise. But, when he was small I always said that I'd control how much telly he watched. That's gone out of the window though. It's a bit like when you're pg and you have all these ideas of what you will/won't do with your baby and then you do it totally differently when reality sets in ;D

Amanda - ^chuckle^ Think that was about the last time I did one too ^chuckle^ That's why it's so sad now ^chuckle^ You just wait until you start buying them for Millie to do. If you like them, you'll be doing them first ;D The saddest part is that we're really enjoying it too, and are so competitive with each other about who get's their section done first. Scarey! ^chuckle^ Have to say though, I absolutely refuse to do the baked bean one! ;D

Vicky - Well the thing with the jigsaw is that it's in the kitchen and as dh and I seem to spend most of our time in the kitchen anyway, ie. loading/unloading the washing machine/tumble dryer, sterilising, making up formula, feeding Jack, feeding Ben, washing dishes, and all of the above several times a day (you know the routine ;) :) ), it's just something that we started doing in between other bits and bobs. Then when the children are in bed, we sort of end up just sitting there together and doing a side each.

Used to get drunk and have a ^hump^ :-\ ^chuckle^

Going out shopping with the kiddie winks tomorrow ^scared^ Wish me luck ;D

Love

Jayne x

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Piles

I got some great bum bullets from the gp after I had Millie, they worked a treat, but before that I used Anusol,...think the bum bullets are stronger and work quicker though.

No more piles for me now ;D

Sad the weekend has ended :( it was a lovely one

Speak to you'll later x x x

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.