Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New home mums

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Hiya Girls :)

Woppa...have replied to you on another thread :) Sorry to hear about the PND too.......are they sure ??? and your HV......she tried 6mths are know's what it like.....yeah right !! silly cow ! Hugs anyway hun xxx

Jac...hope your doing ok in London....big hug from me cos I know you hate being away from home and the boys :) xxx

Lizzy...I have to be nosey now and ask what it is you do for people and their wedding ?? ;D xxx

Jayne....hiya to you xxx

Sue....Hello to you aswell.....loads of love to Iestyn ! xxx

Hello everyone else not mentioned ;D xxx

Well.....she 8mths 10days old and today in Early Learning Centre she had a major paddy when I wheeled her away from the toy section.....and I mean major......I was really laughing because she has never been like this before but today.....my god, she was crying big tears and loud sobs....so I wheeled her back again and she shut up ??? How can she understand at 8mths what a toy shop it ??! People were looking.....it was embarasing !! lol anyway it cost me £8 to shut her up and keep her quiet with a pull along dog that barks ;D........ lmao !!

Catch u all later
Love Amanda xxx

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
Amanda ~ you're not nosey ;).......i'm the photographer or at least i will be if she phones me up!!

Sounds like Millie knows what she wants ;D

Watching BB ~ michelle is deranged :p

Lizzy xxx

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Huhhhhhh, Amanda! You bribed Millie! Not the way to teach her that crying will get her what she wants. She'll cry twice as loud next time and it'll cost you £16 ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^

(ps - please read the above as tongue in cheek - have lost count of the times I said I wouldn't bribe Jack, and mostly I don't, but sometimes it's just the only answer ^chuckle^).

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Woppa - Sorry to read about Douggie's dad. Hope everything's okay for him long term.

Love

Jayne x

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Have just had a splurge and bought myself a bottle of Jean Paul Gaultier perfume (the one that comes in a bottle the shape of a woman's torso) on Ebay. Haven't had a bottle of that since I got one duty free before going on my honeymoon and it's my absolute fave. Have sold a lot of stuff recently on Ebay and the money's just sitting in my Paypal account looking at me. Should transfer it to my bank account really, but sod it! I never buy stuff for myself these days and decided to treat myself ;D

Jayne x

·
Registered
166 Posts
Whoppa sorry to hear about Dougie's dad - hope things go OK next week with the op.

Gill - if the wee one continues to be sick ensure that she is getting plenty of fluid. If need be stop the milk and just give plain cooled water and light food. If she had a temperature or seems to be getting dehydrated contact your gp. Josh pukked for a week but didn't have a temperature etc so wasn't given anything by the dr - he just took water and ate light food for the week.

Well must go. Hope everyone is fine .

Barbara

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Wow Lizzzy.....what a fantastic Job ;D.....I love photography and have done since I was about 11. Got the bug of my Dad....Your sooooo lucky to be able to do that for a living ;D xx

Jayne.....Lol I know what you mean.....BUT i have now decided that I will just have to avoid toy stores now forever more ;) ....... it was soooo funny though (probably wont be so funny when it happening every time! ) Lol xxxx well done on your purchase :)

I just bought a fantastic Chaise Longe on E-Bay....brand new in heavy chenile for £235!! Mahogany legs and brass casters.....I have always wanted one and now I have one (well will do once it is delivered) can't wait....think they are so sexy ! It will look great with my downstairs living room and I have the perfect little alcove for it so sit in too ;D Bargain !!!!

Off to the local shops today for local people.....and then into the garden for some paddling pool fun with Millie.

Have great days ladies & gents

Amanda xxxx

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Hi Everyone

Elaine- Sorry to hear about Dougies dad, I hope the op goes well. Im sure its not PND, you have been through so much to have your gorgeous bundle. I have Im'd you.

Amanda - I cant believe Millie is over 8 months now, arent our bubs growing up so quickly? Lol about the early learning centre, most kids are like in there it must be like an aladins cave for them!!!!

Jayne - Good for you for treating yourself, its lovely perfume, I wish I had a nice figure like the bottle!!!!

Hi to everyone else, sorry Im in work again!!!!! Its seems to very limited the time I get to post these days!!!!!

Speak to you all soon

Lisa
xx

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Hi Mums

Woppa - so sorry about your FiL. HOpe everything goes well on Tuesday and that he is given the all clear after. Has he had a cat scan? Good for you managing your PND yourself to :-* Loved the recent pic of Eva in the gallery.

Amanda - Listen to Auntie Jayne - don't give in to that crying, cos you'll be one poor Mummy when she's 5 (xx from a poor Mummy to a 5 year old!)

Jac - hope your cold is better today

Fee xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hi everyone,

Can't stop - mad busy as mum and dad go back on Friday and now I know where I get my leaving things to the last minute from.

Jac - can you give me the email address again please to mail the pics to you. I've reduced them as far as I can now to 141kb and thereabouts but I still can't upload them in the gallery. Ta luv.

Bye for now and watch out for those flying ants.

Love Angexxxxxxxx

·
Registered
30 Posts
^confused^ ^confused^ ^confused^

Hi Everyone, hoping you can help me.

I am not sure if Emma is getting enough milk or if she is having to much food, I will list below what she has;

8am 1 full 4month jar of baby cereal & 5oz of milk

12pm 7oz of milk

4pm half jar of 4 month baby savoury jar and half jar of 4 month baby dessert jar and 4oz milk

8pm 6-7 oz of milk

She loves solids and cant get enough of it and would eat more but going off her milk, she is also a very sicky baby am I feeding her to much solids and not enough milk.

Thanx
Caroline xx

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Hiya Caroline

I think its a big fact on here that once babies start on solids they gradually go off their milk and want to eat more food.

Your day plan of food basically sounds like the plan Millie was following about that time....but you are managing to get more milk into Emma then I was with Millie.

I am no expert (you need Jeanette for that) but I would say that as long as she is basically following the same centile line on the growth chart and not losing weight she's doing ok. Sorry not much help......the others will post to you too I am sure :)

Amanda x

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I think I can qualify for bad mother of the year award :'(

This morning Amy and I were having our cuddle in bed and I held out my hands for her take hold of and pulled her into a sitting position - I do/did this all the time and never had a problem
Anyway heard a click and she began screaming and her arm was floppy. She didn't move her arm for toys, bottle anything so called A+E and went straight there, she had to have an X-ray and it was found that she had a dislocated her elbow in me sitting her up that way :(

The DR was very nice said it happens all the time, he put her arm back but she still isn't using it very much and cries if she bangs it :( the Dr says it will be like this for a few days. I feel soooo awful and just want to hold and cuddle her so she knows that I didn't mean it. Now just waiting for my call from the HV to follow it up.

Anyway hope everyone else is okay, on a brighter note isn't the weather fab ;D Spent the day in the park playing and lying in the grass - fab, although she obviously couldn't go on the swings today.

Right off to make the bottles
Love sarah x x x

·
Premium Member
4,304 Posts
Oh Sarah you are not a bad mother sweetie. :-*

Big hugs coming yours and Amys way :)

Lou xxxxxxx

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Caroline

I agree with Amanda, they generally start to go off their Milk, you're getting more into Emma than Amy had at that time and at the mo.

If she's gaining weight and eating well then she should be ok. Someone told me that a fromage frais is equivelent to 3-5oz of milk, Amy has one a day to get some calcium stuff into her.

Hope this helps
Love sarah x x

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Oh Sarah, poor little Amy (((((hugs))))) xxxxxx

You really must not blame yourself, these things happen, and like the dr said it sounds like it's very common.

Can't imagine how you must have felt though (((((hugs)))))) to you too xx

Hope her arm's better soon!

Love Jules xxx

·
Premium Member
6,624 Posts
Sarah - ^cuddleup^ can only imagine how awful you must have felt.

But I can see how easily done that is - Iestyn's arms are quite dainty and I am paranoid I will end up dislocating them or something.

Don't beat yourself up over it - The number of times I've had Iestyn sat up over the last couple of days and then all of a sudden he's fallen back and really banged his head - I've lost count and can't believe I still seem to put him in such situations!

At least you managed to get out today and enjoy the weather!

Love,

Sue xxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
6,624 Posts
Caroline - sounds like you're doing great to me - I definately wasn't managing to get that much milk down Iestyn when he first started on Solids.

Love,

Sue xxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Awwww, Sarah, ^Cuddle^ You are not a bad mother! I can imagine how awful you feel though ^Cuddle^ Lost count the number of times I've pulled Ben into a sitting position like that - I think most mum's do because babies seem to enjoy it. Never thought it'd dislocate anything - not doing it anymore though!

Caroline - Sounds fine to me ;D Lovely to hear from you by the way ;D

FC - Hope everything's okay with your nan ^Cuddle^

Ben's well and truly finding his feet now. If he's within striking distance of anything he can pull himself up on, then he's up on his feet, grinning away and calling for anyone in the nearby vecinity to have a look at him. So funny! Sometimes he can sit back down and sometimes he just starts to cry when his legs get tired and needs a bit of help - bless. Only problem is, he can't crawl yet, so if I put him sitting away from anything he can pull up on, he gets in a right strop because he can't stand up. Amazing how strong his legs have gotten just in the past few days too, and how quickly his balance has come on. I can have him just grip my one finger on one hand now and he can stand. Mum had him today whilst I was at work, and said she was trying to get him to take steps whilst holding his hands, but I think that's a bit ambitious yet!

Love

Jayne x

1 - 20 of 89 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.