12,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New home Mums

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hi girls

Just a quick catch up.

Jac as always you make me laugh with stories of your little star.

Hope Amy is feeling a lot better - that was one scary story.

Well girls posted an email to a friend on Monday and the reply was waiting for me this morning. I am so gutted - she had got her postive pg in early June, had a few problems but was told everything was going to be OK. Now found out that she mc had 9 weeks. Really puts my dh humpiness in perspective and makes me realise once again how lucky I am.

Must go just realise should have started work.

Love to all.

Barbara

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Sophie ;D

That's not FAIR :( ......hope you had a great cuddle ;D

Jac.....Jaqson is doing great is'nt he ? Lovely news from the nursery on his development....your such a proud Mum & Dad arn't you ! ;D xxxx

SueMj......Love & hugs to you.....mega good luck to Chouk x x x x

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hiya Girls.

Im back on the boards :) My sis went home today :( So Im abit sad, its realy weird how emotional I get when they go home! I just feel like there an empty space now, nevermind Ive got my little daughter to keep me company :)

Anyway talking of olan mills, Maizey had hers done the other week, it hasnt come through yet, but I hope it turns out ok, we had one done of the 3 of us but decied not to take that one as it did'nt look that brill with me in, I looked like a ghost! why is it they make you look whiter than I am :( So we decided to just have the one on her own, olan mills phoned the other day and asked if I could recomend anyone to them, and if I do they will give us a free photo session worth £60! and even if my recomendations turn them down they will still do it! So I said ok lol :) My friends would'nt mind anyway :)

Anyway does anyone know how SueL is getting on? I bet shes doing fantastic, they will make fab parents!

Barbara - Sorry to hear about your friend, must be horrible for her, it does make me think how lucky I am when things like this happen, realy sorry to hear your news.

SueMj - Hope everything is going to be ok, love to you both xxxxxx

Fc - I think respite is the best for you nan, she'll have all the care in the world there, she'll be well looked after, I bet she loves little tarnia :)
Well Im taking maizey off B/F next month :( as Im going back to work in october :( I did think about expressing but it just takes so long, I know its a shame I know, atleast Ive dont it for 3months and shes got the best for that amount of time :) I feel realy cruel though.

Anyway enough of my waffling.

Speak to you all soon!

Love Vick xXx

p.s Can anyone see my picture in my avatar? I cant! but some people say they can ??? lol

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
hi girls,

wow vic your picture is massive but a lovely one too ;D

i'd like to say happy birthday to karenu son ben

^birthday^ ^birthday^ ^birthday^

jac what a lovely boy you have he is well advanced jack knows where hes head and nose is but thats about it.

sarah i hope amys better looking forward to seeing you this week.

no news this end jack has a nappy rash from hell.

i thought i'd take it off for a bit last night whilst we watched tele.....but what does he do he has 2 wee's and a pooh !!! :eek: yuck !

i see my consultant in 3wks so all actions go for me too yikes where has the time gone.

jack has got hes mmr appointment come through is anyone else having it done as we might have them done seprate.??? ??? very worried about this hurdle .

right off to get some rays as jack is asleep.
xx

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Sarah - OMG, what an awful thing to go through, i just cannot imagine the panic you must have gone through.

So glad that Amy's ok.

Give her a huge kiss from me!

I'm so sorry I couldn't make it to the Christening on Sunday, funnily enough I ended up going to one here, my friend's little girl Olivia's was on the same day!!

Hope to see you both soon.

Love Jules xxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
290 Posts
Becca - Thanks for telling me you can see my pic, but if its to big please could someone let me know? and I'll remove it.

Love Vick xXx

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hiya,

How do you lot manage to get on line so much??? I am really struggling but it was lovely to come back to the news of three more FF bubs having arrived.

Really scarey story about Amy Sarah. I hope she is heaps better now.

Sue MJ - just wanted to say you're a very naughty girl abusing your position of power like that in announcing Malty's arrival ;). You must have felt so proud to let everyone know. Good luck with the sniffing.

I haven't had chance to read back over everyone's posts yet - just skipped through really. I just wanted to let you know we haven't dropped off the edge of the earth although I'm sure we haven't been missed!!!

My mum and dad went back to Oz on Friday - it was so heart wrenching. I have asked Jay not to let me go through that again and we are going to be getting paper work to apply to migrate very soon. He is going to talk to his sis about it this weekend so that is a huge step. He is having doubts at the moment after being so determined after Jessica being born. I am more determined than ever now.

We went away to St Bees on Friday straight after they had got off from Manchester in an attempt to try and divert from the house feeling so empty. I cried all Monday though and Jessica was really out of sorts for 2 days after they went back. Not due to going away in the motorhome as we've been away 3 times with mum and dad while they've been home.

As a result of them going back, I'm getting even less time to get on the computer now. Jessica has changed so much in the 5 weeks they were here. 2 teeth, only 2 naps a day now, outgrowing all her clothes so quickly and wanting heaps and heaps of playtime. And she is very verbal which is hysterical.

Sorry this post is all about me and mine. I'll try and reply to everyone soon.

Off to chase monster bubs around her playmat now.

Love Angexxxx

ps - anyone elses bubs suddenly become fascinated with mummy and daddy's face? I have a big scratch on my nose and a small bruise under my eye from her squeezing the skin under it.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hi - I've just been looking at the photos in the gallery and there certainly are a fine lot of babies there. It's great to see them all growing up.

Karen - happy birthday to Benjamin - hope you have a good day.

Sarah - how scary for you with Amy. I did do a baby first aid course but don't know what I'd do if anything actually happened to Hannah. Hope she is well on the mend now.

Becca - Hannah had her MMR done with no adverse effects. I wasn't too keen on the idea, but then the thought of having to put her (and me) through 3 separate jabs and I believe there is very little mumps vaccine around at present made me go ahead. Most people I know have had it done.

Jac - sounds like Jaqson is doing really well with all his performing!! Make the most of him not moving for as long as you can!! As you say he will move in his own time.

Amanda - it's lovely when they really start talking and interacting isn't it!! And it just gets better and better. Hannah now makes a lot of animal noises and aeroplane and car noises. She can also do the Fimbling feeling!! Watching her trying to wrinkle her nose is sooo cute!!

SueMJ - hope you get some good news today about your friend and I hope all goes well with your treatment - will be following your progress

SueL - where are you?!! I love hearing about all the new arrivals. Hannah brings so much joy to us and our family and it is so wonderful to think of the other families who can also experience all this after all they have been through.

Jayne - hope you have a good holiday and manage to keep in the luggage allowance - I was not a minimal packer before we had Hannah and all our holidays so far have been in the car. Next year I think we'll have to try flying somewhere!!

Angie - sorry to hear you are feeling down about your mum and dad going back to Oz

Sal - great to hear from you. Glad to hear you are enjying being a mum so much. Great that you and Sophie managed to meet up.

Had better finish here as there are shouts of Mummy, mummy coming fom the cot! We are all fine, just trying to keep cool as best we can.

Hi to everyone else I missed

Celia

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
wow jac hes a miricle child....hell have to be on mastermind soon !! :eek:

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
go jaqson go.

hell be the ff scientist.

he he what a star

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Jac.....so funny !! What is he like ;D too funny that's what !! love to you all xxxx

Angie.....you were missed !! I was wondering where you where of late....sorry you are missing your parents with them having gone back to Oz....but wow !! what exciting plans re the emmigrating !! Good luck......least we will still be able to keep in touch via the FF web !! xxx

Celia.... ;D Loads of words from you....BUT what have you been up to !! ;D xxx

Sue....Thinking of you and hoping everything is ok ??? xxx

Loads of love guys
Amanda xxx

·
Registered
458 Posts
Aw thanks Amanda!!

Jac - Jaqson is just such a star. And he's still all gums - I can't belive that.

Vick - I've just dropped Jessica down to one feed in the morning now. She started to bite me at night and as she has 2 teeth now, I figured it was as good as time as any to drop it. She doesn't bite in the morning (yet) as she's usually quite thirsty. I hope you get on okay stopping feeding Maizey. You have done a fantastic job feeding her yourself.

FC Mel - I so want Jessica to take an interest in music. I used to be in a band and we used to go gigging at the univercities. I loved it. I played keyboards. On the otherhand, Jay is tone deaf and even though I wasted a fortune buying him an acoustic guitar a couple of chrimbo's back, he still can't play a chord. Lets hope Jessica has my ear for music. Tarnnia - happy 5th month hun ^babyface^ ^banana^ ^party^.

Becca - I presume you mean discussing starting treatment again in three weeks. How exciting for you all. Good luck.

Celia - hellot to you and Hannah.

Sue - just incase I don't get chance to come on line again until the weekend - good luck for the 6th and love to Bronwyn.

Hi to everyone else - I can't remember what everyone said -

Woppa - just remembered well done on your first ebay sale. I managed my first one a couple of weeks ago - a set of WW2 stamps for 99p ::). I am abit [email protected] at that sort of thing but once I had sold them, I was looking at EVERYTHING in the house wondering what I could get. My most unusual item is a digeridoo signed by several Man U players (sorry) and played by Ryan Giggs, Lee Sharpe and Eric Cantona. Wonder how much I'd get for that??????????????

Right - I'm off to get some tea now Jessica is in bed. I feel a bit wobbley as I don't remember eating any lunch today other than half a banana. I forgot how busy being a mum can be with mum and dad helping out so much.

Love Angexxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
6,624 Posts
Mummys,

Not sure about you, but reckon SueL needs to get her butt in here sooner rather than later and do one of her magnificent lists so we all know whose over here now, with their babies names and DOB's beside!!!

It's getting sooo busy over here, which isn't suprising when FF now have over 100 bubbs!!!!

Angie - sorry to hear you've been feeling so down. I can imagine how you must be feeling having had your parents over here for the last five weeks and then seeing them fly off again - I know that feeling only too well. Good luck with the emigrating!

Jac, what are you doing to Jaqson, he's going to have an identity crisis very soon. Seriously though, he's doing sooo well. Iestyn copies diddlysquat!!! But hey, he's still got the biggest, bluest eyes with the most melting smile.

Q-Vic, sorry to hear you're sad now your Sis has gone home, it is awful when you've had visitors and the place then seems empty.

Becca - good luck with your Consultant appt. Can't wait for you to step back onto the Rollercoaster too.

Amanda - Millie is coming on so well and although it's hard to believe there's anyway she could get anymore gorgeous, well she just continues to do so.

Celia - lovely long post from you, but I agree with Amanda, we need more of YOU!

FC - sounds great, your music group for your mothers meetings - good on ya!

Sorry to hear about your nan though - what a worry on your shoulders.

Barbara, sorry to hear about your friend, what devastating news.

Also, give your hubby a bash over the head from me - you deserve some ME time! Go and have your pamper day, you'll be so much better for it!

As for us, I'm really excited, some of you may remember her, but many of you wont - Louisew used to post on the site a long time ago and met up with SueL, Jamapot and myself way back at our first very own mini meet in August of 2002 in Oxford - it was from this meet up that we then got the bigger FF meetings rolling!

Anyway, Louise had a baby girl back in April and well, she phoned me today and asked if her and her hubby and lovely baby Amy can come and stop with us Saturday night on their way down to Torquay!

So I'm well chuffed, coz originally I was going to be going down to Worthing to see new mummy Sue and baby Chloe, but have had to put that off until the next weekend - so at least I will still get to see one of my other very very special mates.

She's also thinking of joining us all on the Sunday at Stratford - though I think I may have to work on that a bit at the weekend.

My little boy had his first proper haircut on Monday and looks so grown up. There is a piccie of him in the Gallery, posing, showing it off.

I've now had a whole week of him sleeping through the night too (I'm whispering that). He's been going to bed between 7/8pm (more often than not at 7) and then not waking until between 7.30 and 8.30am.

He has changed so much over the last six/eight weeks. The easiest baby about - when he gets up, he has a bottle and brekkie, then by around 9ish wants to go back to bed..... where he usually has at least two hours, then gets up, has a play around and then another bottle and some dinner, followed with more play, then usually wants to go back to bed at around 1.30/2ish for an hour or two, then gets up, has another play, another bottle, a bit more of a play then tea around 5ish, then has bedtime bottle and bed from 7ish!

He is so content, he sits up unaided now, but has yet to suss out getting to the sitting position once he's fallen down. He rolls so fast around the place.........but tonight, gave the best attempt so far at looking like he was trying to crawl - so not sure he's going to be too long before he's doing that.

I had friends come to visit today, from Wickford in Essex, they are in Weston Super Mare for the week. They have a three and a half year old boy and a seven month old little girl - she got so excited when she saw Iestyn and the both of them sat on the floor facing each other and seemed to have the most intimate conversation - goodness knows what they were saying to each other.

Sorry, been babbling about me/Iestyn just then, so will shut up now.

Love to everyone else.

Sue xxxxxxxxxxx ^spot^ ^spot^

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Sarah - Blimey! That story sent shivers down me, and brought a tear to my eye. Terrifying! So glad all is well though ^Cuddle^

Amanda - Millie's clapping ^clapping^ Yayyyyy ^clapping^ ;D

Jac - Jaqson's a star! ;D Ben's just started doing a bit of copying. He copies mama, baba, dada noises and also if I tilt my head to one side, he does the same. And, I've been doing this thing where I hold his hands in a standing position in front of me, whilst sitting on the floor, and sing lalalalalalalala to him whilst jigging his arms about. Anyway, when I stop he starts singing lalalalalalala (he's even started to match the tune ^chuckle^ ), and bounces from his knees and swings his head a bit. So funny! ^chuckle^

Sue - I agree! Come on new mummy Sue, let's have a post ;D
Iestyn's routine sounds very similar to the one Ben has now too - works lovely through the day. So glad he's started sleeping right through for you as well. Especially with starting treatment again - you need your rest :)
Lovely news about Louise coming to stay at the weekend. I don't remember her - bit before my time, think I joined FF around Jan 2003. Hope you have a great catch up time with her. Will be lovely for her bubbs to meet Iestyn too ;D

Ange - I missed you! ;D I mean that too! I just haven't posted anything because I assumed you were just busy with having your parents to stay. Must be hard now they've gone home :-\ Big ^Cuddle^
Sounds like Jessica's doing great

Celia - Hi ^wave^

Vick - You're right you have given Maizey the best start, so nothing to feel guilty about if stopping bf is now what you need to do. Only word of caution though is that it's very, very hard emotionally to stop if you're not really ready to. It played havoc with my hormones too ::) Have you considered bf only am and pm, or even just pm (maybe just before bed or early evening). That way you'd still be doing it if you're not ready to give up and Maizey would still have some of mummy's milk. Just a thought though. Of course you need to do what's best for your situation.

Woppa - How are you?

Becca - I worried for ages about giving Jack the MMR, but decided to let him have it in the end. He was fine. I'm worrying already about Ben getting it, but imagine I will let him have the combined jab too. I'm not sure there's enough evidence out there to get them done separately, and of course doing them separately carries other risks. Hmmmm, it's not an easy one really, and definitely a scarey decision for most of us mums. Hope you come to a decision you're happy with.

Barbara - Sorry to read about your friend. It's just so sad.

Okay, need to get to the gallery soon and have a peek ;D Have been so busy the past couple of days. Had my hair done yesterday am, then knackered myself out in town in the afternoon shopping for hols. Got home about 6.00 pm and did a mad dash about the house so I could come on here and do the quiz at 8.00. Made it, but probably came last as I was so tired. Couldn't think at all.

Work today. Met my new boss. Very nice. So, so far, so good.

We're off to Longleat on Saturday with work, and I've worked out a way I can take Ben on the coach. Going to use Jack's old second stage car seat. Ben's almost 9 months old, and almost the right weight. I'm sure he'll be fine in it. The coach has lap belts, and the seat mum has (not sure about my Britax one, but it's in the attic), can be used with just a lap belt. So I'm going to fix that into the coach seat and take him along. No toilets on the coach again, so will no doubt have some interesting tales about Jack being 'busting' again ::)

Will probably move Ben into the next stage seat on a permanent basis once we get back from hols. He's still got some room left in his first stage seat, and he's still within the weight limit. Want him to totally out grow/out weigh it before moving him though as it's safer for him to be in that for as long as possible.

Okay, bed time. Nite nite :-*

Love

Jayne x

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Hi eveyone

sorry I haven't replied back to everyone just yet - I have been walking around in a daze the last few days with Amy glued to my hip. Got an awful lot of new worries, anxietys, but I am sure they will soon fade and we'll be back to normal.

Just wanted to thanx to eveyone for you well wishes, and massive thanx to Becca who has called several times and made sure we're okay - thanx chick x

Amy cut her 1st tooth yesterday so very excited about that as I think she is as she keeps playing with it ;D

Off to see some of the other mums today from my group - hopefully get on later for a prpoper catch up

Love sarah x x x

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hi Girls.

Angie - Thanks for your reply, God you've done really well B/F when she has teeth too! ^thumbsup^ Well done to you!.

SueMj - Thanks for your reply too, Still abit sad and still miss my sisters :( Good to hear Iyestyn is sleeping through the night! thats excellent! he seems to be doing realy well Sue :) Well not long till you start your tx now is it! Sending you loads of luck ^reiki^ ^reiki^ xxx

Jac - Made me laugh when you said that Jac is making incredible hulk noises!! he sounds like a reall cutie!! hehe.

Jayne - Thanks for your Reply too :) I have thought about just feeding in the morning and evening but I feel like its pointless as shes not getting all of it, I know it sounds stupid lol But I may as well just put her on formula :( Im dreading the hormone thing to :( I know when my friend gave up b/f she was just so emotional all the time :( But anyway see how it goes. Well have a good time at longleat!! its great there, I went there when I was very young and i still remember it :)

SaraC - Congrats on Amys 1st tooth!! I bet shes plaesed with herself :) Hope the anxietys go soon, xxxx

Well best go Maizeys crying - very loud!! lol obviously the telletubbies arnt good enough now ::)

Catch you all later - hope everyone else is ok.

Love Vick xXx

·
Registered
290 Posts
Grr sorry I forgot to say, SueMj - Thats lovely you heard from LouiseW again! I remember you mentioning her to me ages ago, Well glad shes ok, and even though I dont know her could you pass on my congratulations to her from me? Cheers Sue.

Vick xXXx

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Hiya

I cannot believe that I can officially post here!

;D ;D ;D

This is going to be a me post as I really haven't got time to go back through and catch up with everyone but will from today onwards try and keep up with you all!

I will get round to posting the birth story on Chloe's page but need some time to put it down as 38 hours doesn't condense very quickly into 5 minutes! ;D

All I can say is that we are besotted and ecstatic! She's gorgeous (even if we are bias!) ;)

Very quickly, I went into labour at 1 a.m. on my due date (Chloe is punctual and hates being late like her father!)

She arrived at 3.07 p.m. on 30.07 (day after). The second stage of labour was a very very quick - all of 12 minutes! The hospital were fantastic.

Sophie - it was lovely of you to pop in, really sorry that the timing was awful but great to see you xxxxxx

Will post more pics in the gallery either later today or tomorrow!

Breast feeding is going well (apart from Tuesday when the hormones kicked in). Was tired as had passed a massive clot Monday night (hospital were fab on the phone), realised had double booked my dad's birthday with Sue MJ coming down and dreaded telling her (but she was fab! hopefully we've just delayed for a week). In addition on Tuesday Chloe crying for a feed and wouldn't latch on as milk was coming through (day 3/4) and boob was horrendously engorged! trying to get out to see friends my best mate calls, asks me to be a named person for her son Jack and yes you guessed it, it's Saturday of the Stratford weekend. She's been my best mate since I was 5, how the hell do you get round that!

So we've sorted things so that we arrive Stratford later than planned but will still be there by about 5 and will stay till late on Sunday instead!

Still Tuesday doesn't exist anymore!

The m/w has just been and done Chloe's blood tests, she was pretty good and checked her weight and she's back to her birth weight already of 7lb 15oz! So the breastfeeding is now going fine, toe curling for the first bit but fine!

Anyway, I can hear her munching on her fingers!

Will try and keep up with everyone!

Lovely to be here!
Sue & Chloe (6 days!)
xxxxxxxx

·
Registered
458 Posts
^wave^;DHello Sue and Chloe ;D ^wave^

Love Ange & Jessicaxxxxxxxx

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.