Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New home mums

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Everyone

Not posted for ages but decided to try and rectify the situation - so just catching up with all the news. I really take my hat off to you all for finding the time - you must me more organised than me  :( Hannah is asleep and DH is watching the olympics - is it nearly finished yet  :p ::) and I'm off to tidy the garage as hopefully my new gardener is starting monday and I'd be ashamed for him to see the state of our garage at the moment !!!

One question how do I get a picture on the left hand side of my posts - I've looked in my profile and got very confused  ???

Love to all

Speak soon

Rachel and Hannah

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Ange - Absolutely LMAO at the link you put up 'spot the difference'  ;D  Loved it!  ;D  Where did you get it? and have you got anymore?  Jumped out of my skin and then couldn't stop laughing  ;D

Can't believe you put it up on the third tri board though as well  :eek:  What you trying to do to those poor girls and their bubbs  ;D ;D  LMAO! 

Love

Jayne x

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Isn't FF looking great  ;D  It's so quick too  ;D 

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Just found a cool feature    If whilst you're typing your post, someone else posts, then you are told before you post so you can review your post    (lots of posts there, but hopefully you know what I mean  ).

Jayne x

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
SueL/SueMJ - Hope you have a fantastic weekend.  Looking forward to seeing pics of Iestyn and Chloe together  ;D

Love

Jayne x

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
Hey all ~ sites looking fab ;D

Jayne ~ i showed DH Anges link, scared the holy cr*p out of him.....oh, the smileys have gone!!!

Rachel ~ good to hear from you....i emailed my pic to Tony and he put it on the side of my posts. Send your gardener round to my house will you.......our garden's horrendous! Hope Hannah's doing ok :D

Jac ~ did you have a good day with Chase 2? Was he lovely.......i hope Jaqson wasn't too confused. I often think of him when Kitty wakes me up at 6.30 ;)

Woppa ~ sounds like the bumpers are working for you......well done on Evas sleep.

Well we had a mad day. We went to visit DH's step daughter.....she's filming for That'll Teach Em. I sort of expected to be there about an hour, have a chat with her and see how she is getting on etc but we were there ages and they filmed it all!!! Kitty was the only baby there and got filmed lots ;D so she might be on the telly in a few weeks. Hanna's having a fab time doing home economics, needlework etc.....she was so excited and looked really sweet in her 60's school uniform. Going to my Dads tomorrow for his birthday so it's a busy, busy weekend......i'm exhausted!

Think i'll veg out to Die Hard,

Have a good weekend everyone,

Much love, Lizzy xxx

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Woppa
No luck as yet on the potty front. He has been in with Paul again today but wanted the seat when he went to try. He did nothing. We ill keep going though i am sure we will get there by the time he is 18. :)

Lizzy yes please keep us informed when Kitty is on the tele will definitely watch it.

Love Kim x  x x

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
morning everyone

Kim - I'm sure he'll get there
Woppa - sounds like the routine is going well

Well last night we went to a fifties party! It was excellent. I had a pink strapless dress, with black netting underneath, white ankle socks and little pink pumps! One friend went as a cheerleader - great fun! Mananged to stumble home at about 2ish and woke up in bed still in my party clothes!!!!! I have drunk so much and am really suffering this morning - but well worth it!

Off to a 1st birthday party later - the little girl was concieved through IVF (her Mum doesn't come on here) so looking forward to it - although no alcohol for me just water today!!

Hope evryone else is having nice weekends
Love sarah x x x

·
Premium Member
6,624 Posts
Hi Girls,

Having a lovely time with the Lucas family!

Chloe is a little darling, so laid back and sleeps for England. And as for cry - well if you can call her cry a cry, then I hate to think how you'd have described Iestyn's cry as a real littlun!  Her's is so dainty a mere little grumble!

She is perfect in every way........ another example of how those babies that are the most longed for turn out to be the most beautiful!

We are hoping to get some piccies of Chloe and Iestyn later on today..... should be interesting as Iestyn never stays still.

Sue is doing absolutely great - born to be a mum I reckon, she's a definate natural and her calmness has most definately rubbed off on her little one.

Clark is the most fab daddy too - again, the role was made for him.

I think Iestyn probably disturbed Sue and Clark more in the night than Chloe did, when he decided he was wide awake at around 5.15am and came into my bed and chatted for England - He never stops yakking - can't think who he gets that off - I know he definately gets his energy from his Daddy though.

Kim - I didn't realise you were trying to potty train Joe at the moment.  I personally wouldn't worry too much if he's not cottoning on too fast at the moment.

I take a lot in from Bronwyn's youngest sister Jo, she is a trained nursery nurse and now has three children of her own.  I always remember with her first - Harry, she didn't even attempt to potty train him until his third birthday.

At which point, he was dry within the week - literally!

She said that she had seen so many mums over the years, bringing their children to nursery, trying to get them dry for nursery - when really they were not comprehending what they were doing.  By the age of three, children really do understand what they are being told and can converse with you - so it's easier to explain what you are trying to do.

Those that try to early, may achieve it, but often have more accidents and far more upset.

I know every child is different and you have to go with your own gut instincts - but I think sometimes too much pressure can be put on people and too much competition between mums.

Elaine - love your bedtime routine for Eva.  I love reading books to Iestyn.  I have some lovely Aussie storie books, that Bronwyn and her family bought him whilst over there in May - he loves them.  

You can not start reading to children too early.  

Jac, love the photo's of Chase and George - how spooky!  What did Jaqson make of George - do you think he realised just how like Chase he was?

I did give Chloe a cuddle yesterday and asked her to rub some of her baby magic on me!  So great minds.........

Lizzy sounds like a great day with your step daughter.  Enjoy your dads birthday today.

Jayne - Sue asked me this morning if Chloe is likely to stay as good as she has been so far, i.e. sleep so much......... or could it all change.  I did tell her she could be leading her into a false sense of security, but on the other hand, reminds me very much of how you have always described Ben to be........ and he's continued!

RachJ - lovely to hear from you.  It is a nightmare isn't it, keeping up with everything that goes on over here.

Amanda - Hope you are having a lovely weekend away - can't wait to meet you all in Stratford in a couple of weeks, it made my day when you said you were all coming - I was so disappointed when you couldn't originally make it.

Angie - How you doing.  Hope Jessica is better now.

Sarah, sounds like you had a lovely evening last night - shame you're suffering now, but as you said, it was worth it.

Enjoy the first birthday party today.

Oops, nearly forgot to mention.  I finally got around to booking Iestyn's Christening the other day (considering I wanted him Christened before he was six months old!).  It's booked at the Church we got married in on 10 October!  So now need to sort out a venue to hold the get together afterwards, coz think I'll be having a good few people to celebrate!

Hope everyone else is well.

Catchya all again soon - blimey, think that's the longest post I've done in a long time.

Love,

Sue xxxx

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sue

Thanks for that. Dont get me worng i love my mum to bits but i have her saying to me you should have started him by now and if you give in he will never do it. Then like this morning i washed and dressed him in his superman t shirt. Told him Superman uses the toilet so Joe should. He agrees, i keep asking him, i answer the phone and he prompltly wets himself. I left the wet pants on him for a while but it didnt bother him at all. Then when i went to change them he got a nappy and had a screaming fit cos he didnt want pants on a gain. I just dont know what to do. But you along with the other members on here have helped. Gonna have to tactfully tell my mum i am doing it my way. Will ring the playschool up though and see what they say about taking him in nappies.

Glad your having a lovely time with the lovely Chloe. Cant wait to meet her. Hope she has rubbed some baby magic on you.

Sarah sounds like a great night if you woke up still dressed. Have a nice time at the party.

Love Kimx x  x

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Woppa.
As i said above i am going to ring the playschool and see if they will still take him. But am gonna leave it foa a few weeks. Even though my mum will disagree. But i cant have him so upset and put him completely.

Hope your doing ok did Eva sleep well again last night? Joe gave me a lie in this morning. he stayed in his bed till 5.40 then came in and put the tele on. Luckily there wasnt anything to interest him so we switched off had a cuddle and he slept till 8.20. Lovely.

Love Kimx xx

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Woppa

joe slept 6 hours throught the night at 12 days old i am sure Eva would have woke if she was hungry.
She is just being a good girl for her mummy and daddy

Love Kimx  x x

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Jac

Good idea about getting Jaqson familiar with the potty. Wish i had tried earlier.

Its great Chase is getting on so well with George.  Have a nice afternoon.

love Kimx x

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Kim - My mum was pushing me to get Jack dry at 18 months, and I told her in no uncertain terms that it was just too early!  He went to nursery at two and a half still in nappies.  I started training him at (dates could get fuzzy here because it was a while ago now) 2 years and 7 months, and for a few months before that I had gotten him used to the trainer toilet seat (never used a potty) by sitting him on it before his bath each night.  It became a habbit for him then to have a wee before his bath.  Then at 2 years 7 months I put him in pants in the morning and sat with him playing on care mats, would take him to the toilet every 20 mins, but wouldn't let him sit there more than a few minutes.  Accidents during those mornings were just cleaned up and ignored.  In the afternoons - because by now my stress levels were starting to rise - I'd put him in nappies and go out and about and do what I needed to.  A couple of weeks later, he just got up and went to the toilet and announced to me that he'd been.  That afternoon I didn't put a nappy on him and he used the toilet.  I still used a nappy on him whilst going out for a good few weeks after this, and then just went for it, and he asked for a wee when he needed to go.  Just made sure wherever I went I was near a toilet, took care mats for him to sit on in the car/pushcair, antibacterial wipes for the toilets whilst out and a change of clothes.  He didn't do standing up wees until after his third birthday (mostly because I wouldn't let him because of the mess  :eek: ). 

There's a saying - if you potty train at 2 you'll be done by 3, if you potty train at 3, you'll be done by 3.  I have to agree with Sue that there does seem to be a great rush in potty training children - mostly due to pressure from the older generation who apparently had all of us trained by the age of 12-18 months.  Wonder how many accidents they had to clear up though  :p  Other than the few in the first week with Jack on the care mats, we haven't had a single accident either in his pants, or in his bed (since he came out of night nappies a couple of months ago).  I'm sure there'd have been a lot more if we'd tried younger. 

Joe will get there, it's just another one of those things that all children do in their own time.  I can't see any harm in waiting another couple of months before trying him again, or even waiting until he's 3 when his understanding will be a lot better anyway. 

SueMJ/SueL - Glad you're having a lovely weekend.  Yeah, Jack and Ben have both been good sleepers from the begining and continue to be.  I get minimum 12 hours a night out of Ben at the moment (and have done for some time now), but usually he manages 13-14.  He still has a good 4 hours in the day too.  SueL - I hope Chloe does continue the good sleep for you. It sounds great for one so young.  Ben used to do 4 at a stretch at the same age, but Jack only did 2.  He got better from 6 weeks and improved steadily from there until he was doing 15 hour nights at 6 months - not too much daytime sleep though. 

Woppa - Eva's doing great on the sleeping front too by the sounds of it.  Sounds like the routine's working wonders.  If that had been Ben, I wouldn't have woken him for the 11 pm feed.  You want them to drop night time feeds, so if they do this on their own accord then great.  Never wake a sleeping baby is my motto.  They'll let you know if they get thirsty/hungry  ;)

Jac - And Jaqson's going great guns with the kip.  Fantastic!  ;D 

Sarah - Sounds like a fantastic night out.  Asleep in my clothes because I was drunk, is something I've not done in a long loooooong time.  Good for you!  ;D ;D

Lizzy - There's exciting for Hanna to be on that programme.  And Kitty might be as well  ;D  Definitely let us know when it's on. 

Spent 3 hours this morning batch cooking for Ben, so the freezer's nice and full again  ;D 

Have just taken a whole load of photos for stuff to sell on Ebay too.  Going to sell my moses basket, rocking stand, baby bath, 2 bouncy chairs, top and tail bowl and bumbo seat.  Will use whatever I make to take to Menorca for spends.  Going to cry my eyes out when the moses basket goes.  Half of me wants to keep it forever, but what's the point in it cluttering the attic when I need the money.  Set it up to take the photo though and cried  :'(  It's soooo sad to see the little bed both my babies slept in being sold  :'( 

Just tried to download turbo lister, but don't think it's working, so might just list this lot as normal. 

Love

Jayne x

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Hi Girlies

Sorry this is an extremely short message.  Anthony is slowing recovering from his illness.  The doctor reckons it was just a bug, but I dont know, he has been very ill and only just started to eat solids again.  Im totally knackered as Ive had to take time off work as he hasnt been in nursery.  Thankfully though he is feeling better now and getting back to his smiley self.  Of course now leaves me with the mamoth task of houswork thats been on hold now for weeks!!!!!

Hope everyone is well, and will try and catch up over the next couple of days with everyone.

Take care

Lots of Love

Lisa
xxxx

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Hi

Always seems to be a catch up from the last time!  :-  ;)

Hope Anthony, Jessica, Jessica and Millie are all doing better?

Lizzy - next time for Stratford!  Would be lovely to meet you.  Great news on the new lap top.  You'll have to let us know when Kitty is going to be on TV

FC (Mel) - hope you are doing OK?  Thinking of you.

Sarah - have a good time back "at home"!  the 50's party sounds good as well as the 1st birthday do!

Vicky - glad you are getting yourself "sorted" , hopefully the afternoon naps will help!

Queenvic - Maizey - teething - where does time go!

Woppa - glad you've sorted the cot bumper debate and that Eva is sleeping better!  More sleep for you too!

Jac - Jaqson is just so lovely - how much sleep!!!!!  Must catch up on the other thread about chasing chase but wont be able to today!

Kim - do what you need and want to do with Joe, things will work out on the pants v nappy situation.

Jayne - thanks for the comments on sleeping!  Must be very strange thinking of selling some of the baby gear.......  :'(

Health visitor was fine!  She's really lovely (she did our nhs antenatal classes).  You guys were all right as to Chloe's feeding!  She's fine and she's got one massive suck on her so she's getting what she needs!

One of our friends gave birth on Thursday so we went to the hospital on Friday to visit.  We left Chloe for the 1.5 hours we were out with Clark's mum and partner (v. freaky leaving Chloe even for such a short period of time).  I had expressed milk just in case (she was feeding 2hrly on Friday).  By the time we got back 1.5 hrs, she had just started to want feeding.  So Clark's mum had got the bottle out etc and started trying to feed her.  However, cos I got the bigger avent bottles they come with size 2 teats (doh) and she was just drowning!  Anyway got some size 1 teats yesterday with SueMJ and expressed during the afternoon and Clark gave her her feed at 2 this morning!  I've just expressed again and hopefully he can give her her 11 p.m. (ish) feed tonight!  He really enjoyed doing it!  However, think he'll enjoy tonights more as last night Clark was wetting the baby's head!

Had a lovely time with Sue and Iestyn, although with so many visitors in and out of the house I felt awful and not a proper "hostess"....... sorry Sue!  Still it was lovely to spend time gassing and hopefully some baby pheromones have rubbed off on the MJ!  Iestyn is a chatterbox but definitely didn't disturb us!  As for me and Clark being naturals and laid back....... mmmmmm  :p

Got the NCT girls over tomorrow afternoon, 5/6 babes now here!  Feel sorry for the 1 that's still left, she really wants a home birth and is now overdue!

We're also off to my work and to the Lister on Tuesday, so Chloe will have her first train ride, can't wait to take her up to London to see where she was "conceived and stored"!!!!

Lots of Love
Sue
xxxxxxx

·
Registered
307 Posts
Just a quickie to say hi.

Cornwall was fab, Rebecca loved it. Loads of new people to smile and giggle at.

Took me ages to catch up on all the posts, loved the photojam thingies. When i've got more time i'll have a go at my own.

Quick word to SueL - isn't expressing brilliant! Made life so much easier. I was in such a good routine with bf, expressed milk and one formula feed.

I wish i was still doing it but the doctor advised me to change my routine, which then became a chore so i gave up bf when Rebecca began weaning. Bit sad about it really, wish i hadn't listened to the doc and just done my own thing. Next time (if there is one!) I'll do it my own way!

See you all in Stratford. Didn't realise it was only 2 weeks away!

Gill xxx

·
Registered
655 Posts
Hi peeps

SueL good on you with the expressing & giving Chloe bottles - keep it up!!!!  I didn;t really bother with Toby and I have come to regret it big time now he will not take a bottle at all so I am having to wait until he can have a cup before I can drop any feeds, lol....luckily not  going back to work til jan by which time he should be sorted (i hope!!).  I think BF is really tiring.  Lots of people have said this to me & it's certainly my experience.  So please don't try to do too much too soon!!!  If necessary just drop the social stuff & spend time enjoying Chloe alone (well with Clark of course!!!).

Lisa, hope Antony is on the mend.

Sarah, glad you had a good night out.  I hope I am up to doing that kind of thing in another few months!!!  I do have the odd galss of wine but I just noticed my lovely bottle of butterscotch snapps which I was fondly saving during the whole of my pg & BF has been finished by my hubbie & SIL!!!! Grrr!

Kim, my nephew was nearly 3 before he was dry daytimes, my sister got a bit depserate but decided just to give it a go one week and he did it in a week, I think if you leave it later they do it quicker, so don;t let anyone rush you, or Joe!!!

Oh Jac oh for a night of 12 hours, he he!!! Lucky you!!!  Mine are still only about 6 hours and then an extra hour or two dozing, if I'm lucky.  I think my lil one takes after Daddy in more than his looks, Neil is a terrrible insomniac.

Well we are into sorting out our loft ready for moving.  I just found loads of old letters & photos brining back some really old memories and emotions.  Haven't got time to read them now but have put them all in a keepsake box for when I can find time.

Toby is just incredibly hungry at the moment but I can't seem to get him interested in breakfast.  But if he doesn;t have it, even if he has loads of milk (i.e. this morning he had 4 "boobs" between 4.30am and 8.30am) he is the most miserable thing all morning until I relent and give him his dinner about 10.30 (or 10, as it was this morning!!!  he had brunch!!!).  Any ideas???!!!

Right better go & catch up on the boards,

Love to everyone

Vicky & Toby xxx

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Woppa - Don't worry if it all goes to pot on the odd occasion.  Routines do that  ::)  ;D  You've got the basis of a good routine going though, and it'll work longterm.  Ignore the odd hiccup  ;D

Jac - I managed to get the turbo lister from Ebay downloaded.  Would definitely recommend it, even if you only sell a few things here and there. It cuts the actual time it takes to list down by I'd say at least half.  
Hope Jaqson's not coming down with anything and it is teeth on their way - they've gotta appear sometime!  ;D

Gill - Glad you had a lovely holiday  :)

SueL - Sounds like everything's going perfectly with your new family  ;D  Love that 'conceived and stored' quote.  What a complete miracle Chloe is.  It's amazing!  Hope you have a lovely meet with all the other mums tomorrow.  I don't know her, but I feel sorry for the one left too  :-\

Lisa - Glad to hear Anthony's on the mend  :-*

Vicky - Well done you on still breastfeeding -  even if it is sort of forced by the fact Toby hates bottles.  As for the eating thing in the morning's, not really sure what to suggest, maybe just continue with giving him a late breakfast for a while and then bring it forward by about 10-15 mins every few days or so until it's at a time you want  :-\

Ben's moving into his next stage Britax car seat tomorrow.  Dh just got it down form the attic.  How pleased am I now that I stripped all the covers and washed them and cleaned the chair down before putting it up there after Jack outgrew it.  It's been all wrapped up, so is just ready to fit.  Tried him in it for size and he doesn't look as small in it as I imagined him to.  He does look sweet though.  Think he'll love it too as he'll be able to see so much more out of the windows.  Jack's already excited about Ben sitting next to him in the back too.  So far he's been in the front seat as I can disable the air bag on my car, and I preferred having him next to me.  Will be strange having the passenger seat empty from now on and the kiddies in the back  ;D  So lovely though ;D

PS - Just peeked and already have a bid on my bumbo seat and one other thing  ;D

Love

Jayne x

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.