9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New home...just in time for crimbo chatter  ;D  ^banana^

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello All

Apologies for not posting lately, I've been really slack with posting for about a week now, its a busy time of the year ;)

Really want to put our tree up today but Ian's gone out for the day and it's still in the loft....no way I can get it, you have to perch on top of a ladder, leaver yourself into the hatch and drag the box down....phew ! Way to dangerous.  So I'll have to be content with just playing with some stuff I have bought new this year, door hangers and few other decoration bits :) until he gets home later.

I hope everyone is well, seems like finally all the colds are over with (for now ;D) ) in our house, getting back to feeling better :)

I went into town yesterday for a mega crimbo shopping trip, was not too bad, it was packed though but I was on my own so I was like a whirlwind wizzing through all the shoppers with my bags...two trips back to the car ohhh and a lovely jumper from Per Una for me just happend to slip into my basket ;D

Okey dokey....right back later ladies :)  Hope your all having a good weekend ?

Don't forget our "MEET A MUM" service is now open for those who want to join and meet up with others mums :)

Take care
Love Amanda xxx

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts
Carol,

To interupt you would give me immense pleasure (and pain!  :eek: ) but unfortunately Tootie is just playing games with me at the moment!  ::)

I can totally understand what you are saying about not wanting to go through treatment and pregnancy again ... after everything that you have been through it's no wonder.  ((hugs))

As for adoption - I think your idea of talking this through with a professional in the new year is a fab one.  If this is the route that you and John decide to take (and I think it's a wonderful idea  ;)) then it can take a long time so it can never be too early to start the ball rolling if that makes sense.

As for Luke ... he will always always know how special is his and how much you and John love him, and Adam too.  And in my opinion you and John are two brilliant parents who would never allow Luke to be resentful towards any other child you have ... you both have so so much love to give none of your children would ever feel left out.

Go for it, hun

Loads of love
Dee
xxx
;D ;D ;D

·
Premium Member
3,511 Posts
Hi All,
Thanks for the welcome, and your messages re calpol. DH came home with a bottle, and a digi thermometer - I read the dosage instructions, and took his temp which was normal...so decided to give the calpol a miss....I am sure it will keep until hes older!! Hes still pretty grumpy, but then so would I be if I had a cold and couldn't blow my nose! HV is coming tommorow so I might ask further advice....
Love to all
Hun and henry

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Hi all

Clare - lovely to see you over here, how you getting on at home with Alexandra?

Sue - hope Iestyn is a bit happier?

Jayne - loved bridget jones!  Very funny!  I read the book ages ago!  Hope youre feeling better today?  Can't believe Ben is cutting so many teeth at the same time.

Amanda - good for you, a little something for yourself is always nice!  Did Ian realise you'd got a new jumper?!!!

Carol - don't blame you for putting up the dec's early!  Chloe's OK after the jabs, is Luke?  Why don't you talk to the h/v about the possiblity of adopting and your thoughts re Luke.  She might be of some help.

Mel/Tony - fab pic of Jessica in the gallery, she's beautiful.

Allie - fingers crossed  ^reiki^

Jac - well we all know flippant comments people make, makes my blood boil.

Hun - helllllloooooooooooo!  How you doing with Henry?  You should have made your  guests run around after you!  If you see your gp they may sign you back to be able to drive quicker than the recommended 6 weeks?  One of my friends did that after her c-s.  I gave Chloe calpol after first set of injections (8 weeks) but had it in, in case.  Just check with your gp first.

FC - Tarnnia is doing brilliantly!  She has the most amazing eyes! Get well soon and hope Ken's work is OK.

Chloe is happier but still streaming with cold.

As for weaning, we've tried carrots and today have frozen: melon, pear, cauliflower, parsnip together with more carrot!  She seems to like it!  Got some sweet potato and butternut squash to finish roasting and then that can be added too!

Sorry if I've missed anyone?

Love Sue
xxxxxxx

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Evening everyone

Sue - you have made me go all goey  :) I remember freezing those thing for Amy and the memories you have just dragged are wonderful! Thankyou  :)

We've had a lovely day  ;D went for a nice walk and then had a freind over for dinner, her dh was away working so we made a roast for her and her 3 girls, aged 6,4 and 14 weeks  ;D Amy has loved playing with them and I enjoyed gossiping.
On saturday we are both going to que for Santa to come to my house on Xmas eve , the village do it every year, you pay £3 and he will deliver a small pressie that you provide to the child/children and as we're having all our friends for Xmas eve tea he will visit all the children in the house! They will only go to 200 houses so we have to queing very early - can't wait  ;D

Got a free day tommorrow, Tues is another trip to hospital so Amy can have more bloods taken, poor kid.
As I write this just remembered that Becca has invited us over to do a handprint thing for Xmas! Fab must call her!

Off to job hunt now, need something more local  :)

Love sarah x x x

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ahh Sarah

Good luck with the job hunting locally...someone as talented as you won't have any problems I'm sure :)  Hope the tests on Amy are going well....poor her having to have a blood test every week, lots of love & hugs to you all so that it can be sorted out asap....good luck xx :)

Amanda xxx

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts
SueL said:
As for weaning, we've tried carrots and today have frozen: melon, pear, cauliflower, parsnip together with more carrot! She seems to like it! Got some sweet potato and butternut squash to finish roasting and then that can be added too!
LOL Sue

I hope you mean they are frozen separately ... Chloe is in for one hell of a taste sensation if you really have put melon, pear, cauliflower, parsnip together with more carrot!

Loads of love
Dee
xxx
;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
123 Posts
Evening Everyone

At last I have made it here - Kendall was 10 weeks old yesterday and I have been enjoying every minute (hence I haven't been around much), - even when I have been so tired I haven't had the energy to sleep!!  It has flown by and she has gone into her own room tonight for the first time, she is so good and laid back - just takes whatever we do with her and seems to accept it (hope I am not speaking too soon  :))  I would still like to have her sleeping in her cot next to me though!

She has had nasty cradle cap (and still has) and also really bad eczema but hopefully it is under control now.  It broke my heart to have to put cream on her when it was so sore - she did cry!

I will try and keep up on this thread - just may have to neglect the others for a while. It is lovely to see so many names I know over here and know there are others who will join us.

Back soon

Love

Mel
xxx

PS How do I get a picture of Kendall to replace my Arsenal logo!!?

·
Registered
458 Posts
A BIG HELLO TO THE NEW MUMS
^hello^ ^wave^

I've just popped on before bed. Jessica is sound asleep and missed her afternoon nap so hopefully she'll slept through. She woke up 4 times last night and it was only really at that point that we realised she's slept through for 4 nights on the run - wow!!

Jayne - looks like Ben might be taking over on the gnashers front. Jessica has one molar spiking on the right side and two on the left (total still 11) but the ones on the left look like they might take a bit yet.

Oh and Jayne - you will be so proud of me. I just sold a Man U shirt tonight on Ebay that I got from a charity shop a couple of years back for £2.50. It's an old 1978 shirt and someone just bought it for £78!!! ;D How chuffed am I!!!

Best bog off as I am knackered. Still no AF but did a wee stick today and it was -ive. I'm now 4 days overdue which is exremely unlikely for me but, hey, I guess the wee sticks don't lie so I might as well just get my head around it. I've had bloomin cramps for 10 days now and nothing!!

Love Angexxxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
MelH - Big welcome to you and Kendall :) Look forward to chatting to you and hearing all about how you and little one are doing :)
Baby eczema is so upsetting. Ben had it really badly up until a few months ago, and the doc said it was the sort that could turn life long. I was so upset for him. Pleased to say that now he's lots better though and just gets the odd patch. Really hope Kendall's goes the same way.

Ange - Hmmmm, I don't know. They do lie and if you're not usually so late :-\ Going to still keep everything crossed for you until you know 100%. Hanging onto hope for you hun ^reiki^

I'm VERY proud of you! Fab Ebay sale ^clapping^

I sold some stuff today and got a total of £70 for it all, which was good for what I was selling. So, I'm a happy bunny with that too :)

Talking of AF's. Mine arrived today and I checked back on my dates to see how long it took for things to regulate after Ben. It was 8 months! (mind you it was 9 after Jack too). Since July though I've been bang on every 32 days, so my cycle's switched from a regular 28 to a regular 32. How odd :-\ Now all we need is for dh to get some ^sperm^ and we'd be off

Have just got addicted to a new computer game - The Sims. It's so sad really living out a computer animated life, but it's very addictive too. Stayed up until 5.30 am this morning playing it :eek: Only did that though because I knew dh was getting up with the boys. I was cross with myself though because the whole point of him doing that is so I can catch up on some rest, and I wasted it :mad: Not doing that again!

Did have a cut off point of midnight tonight for being on here, but that's out of the window already ::) Going to bed in a sec though :)

Jack's been invited to 3 birthday parties between now and Christmas time, so have to go out tomorrow to buy cards and pressies. He's got his nursery nativity play soon. Can't wait to go and see him in it. He's a villager ;D ;D Was one of the wise men last year in his other nursery, so can't complain ;D

Love

Jayne x

·
Registered
458 Posts
:( :( :( The witch arrived this morning and boy do I know about it.

Back on the She Oak from today I think.

Love Angexxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
307 Posts
Hi mums and bubbs.

Hope you're all ok. I'm glad to see the poorly bubbs are on the mend.

Ange - sorry to hear about AF arriving. It's awful when it's late and you have that niggly little "what if...???" in the back of your mind. What's She Oak? I'm taking agnus castus at the moment. Well done on selling the footie shirt.

Jayne - it must be the day for AF's cos mine arrived too! Rebecca slept through, in her own cot, for the first time in over a week, and i was still up in the night, hunting for painkillers. Well done on your Ebay sales too. I have visions of you and Angie sitting on crates in your bare houses cos you've sold everything else!!!  ;D ;D ;D I can't remember the last time i stayed up til 5.30 am and it wasn't baby related! Aww! I bet Jack's nativity play is lovely. My niece is doing a play at her nursery but it's on a day when i'm working. I might ask my job share colleague if she'll swap.

Jac - glad to hear Jaqson's so much better.

Mel H - welcome to the mummies' board! I hope last night went ok with Kendall in her own room. It's ridiculous how much you miss them even though they've only moved a few feet into a different room. Dh still sometimes picks Rebecca out of her cot and puts her in with us, even when she's fast asleep, because "he misses her"!
Rebecca had really bad cradle cap. At first, i put olive oil on and left it over night before washing it off in the morning. That was ok. Then the HV gave me a cream called unguentum. That worked on the cradle cap too. It's also good for nappy rash. Rebecca also has eczema. At one point it was really bad. We tried everything, numerous creams and wet wrapping. The thing that works best for Rebecca is hydrocortisone, and nothing else. Glad you've got Kendall's eczema under control. It's so upsetting, isn't it.

Rebecca's just woken up so i'd better go and dress her and give her her brekkie. I'll continue this post later.

Bye

Gill xxx

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cut Lip question ???

Millie was shoved over at playgroup today and hit her mouth full onto a metal bar..her little bottom teeth went through the inside of her top lip and after lots & lots of blood it eventually clotted and stopped :(

Q is.....there is nothing gaping but a big swollen lump on the inside...no more bleeding and she seems ok...now, but is there anything I can do or is it a case of just letting it go down and heal itself ???

I felt so sick...t'was gutting to see her in so much distress, i've done it myself when I was younger so I know how much it hurts....she's always getting pushed over at playgroup, does this happen everywhere with your children ???

Sad now
Amanda :(

·
Registered
307 Posts
Amanda

Try giving her an ice lolly to bring the swelling down.

Poor Millie!

Hope she's better soon.

Gill xxx

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Fab !  I've got icepops...thats a great idea :)  Cheers Gill xx

·
Registered
417 Posts
Hi
Just wanted to say I will be joining you ladies shortly, once we have settled in a bit.  We arrived home yesterday and are just needing to sort ourselves out a bit.
Cant wait to chat and tell everyone about our little man.
Didn't know it was possible to be so in love :)
love Karen XX

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey Karen

Welcome ! and congratulations again to you :)

Amanda xxxx

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Hello!

Just a quickie from me again, life is pretty hectic right now!

Yesterday was Katelyn's Christening, lovely day!! Apart from the fact that only 1 of my 5 closest friends turned up!!!!!! I was in tears for some of the day because of this, one by one they sent text messages in the morning with the most feeble of excuses, I am still fuming!!!!!! I can't even bring myself to talk to any of them yet, it makes me wonder just how important Katelyn and myself are to them?!

Also, my brother, Katelyn's godfather, was in a strange mood, he'd had a massive row with his DP on the way down, so they left early.

We had the party back at ours and did LOADS of food, brought LOADS of wine and beer, there is so much left. I'd also done lots of bits and pieces of food for young children as my 'friends' who let me down all have 7 children between them, all a total waste of time.

Shame that this all put a downer on our special day. Oh well, Katelyn looked lovely, I shall post some pics when I can!

Also, K was really ill the day before, ended up at the doc's, she has a chest infection, so on antibiotics, she was coughing really bad all the way through the service, bless!!!!!!

Anyway, just wanted to let you know I'm still alive!!!!!!!

Love Jules xxxxxxxx

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.