Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
More christmas chatter this way mummies and mummies to be............... :)  thats you Dee  :) :-*

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Mel - I've just been over to Mothercare, and the only Winnie the Pooh one they have is on a very pale blue background, it does have pink bits on it, so is unisex, but I'd say steers more towards a boy.  They didn't have any other Disney characters there. 

They have plain white ones, the Winnie one, a bright check one, a Humphrey's Corner one, a beige and cream one with a pic of a button on it, and a couple of others, but can't remember exactly what now.  Don't know if they have any on the webste, but if they do, and you see one you like, I'll happily go and see if they have it here for you - save on postage, etc.

Sorry, I did try  :)

Love

Jayne x

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hiya,

I got the pale blue winnie one with the pinky circles on it and it looks okay with her winnie stuff.

Jayne - a bloke has bought something from me who lives in the Ukraine and he uses bidpay www.bidpay.com .He says he can pay into it and they send me either a Western Union order which I pay into my bank, or for a $5 fee, they will send me money in sterling. I don't have to put any bank details on the site or anything, just register so they can post the money to me when this guy pays it in to them. I've told him that I am not posting anything til I have the money though. I was a bit annoyed as I specify my methods of payment but he still bid and won the item and then asked if I would register with bidpay so he could pay me. I should have said sod off. Its the first time I've opened a bid up to worldwide. Anyway, now I can dispay the bidpay banner as a method of accepted payment if I want.

Right - time to get tea ready. My guess is jay is going to be ravanous when he gets in as he was rushing this morning, never made any sarnies and he left his wallet at home.

Bye

Love Angexxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
OMG.....loads to catch up on, seems like i only have time to do tiny posts here and there so i'm going to try and catch up. We've had fab results on the Herts girls thread though which is lovely :)

Ange ~ your post was really lovely.......sometimes it just gets to you, doesn't it. I love that poem too. Aw, my sister lives in Edinburgh and it's just fab at New Year......i remember one year it took me hours to walk down Princes Street coz everyone stops to wish you Happy New Year....... :) Have fun and have a good weekend too.

FC ~ hope Tarrnia enjoys seeing Santa today.......i know what you mean about Christmas being so emotional, i guess we'll none of us forget how hard it was when ttc.

Amanda ~ Wow huge tree!! and Millie looks gorgeous, bet she was so excited.

Sue ~ are you having fun cooking :) Fab, isn't it..........has Chloe got a favourite yet :)

Kas ~ welcome aboard.......sounds like you're enjoying every minute.

Clare ~ welcome too......loads of hugs to you, b/f is so hard sometimes, you do what you need to hun,

Sarah ~ fab news and well done on the job too :)

Karen ~ what a lovely idea with the tree.......Benjamin will be so excited tomorrow morning........i'm goin to nick you idea i think ;)

Fee ~ hope Laura is ok today, DH has asthma too and it's awful sometimes. Not a good attitude from the school too!

Jayne ~ hope you're ok too........can i ask you what the serverent does, is it a new drug. Its just DH has never heard of it.

Jac ~ ((((hugs)))) sorry about your friend and i hope the funeral went ok,

Oh DH and stepson are home and the dogs are going loony.......stepson loves Kitty, being a teenage boy i thought he's not take much notice but he's so good with her. Dh is cooking me chicken soup with kneidlach.....Yum, this willl be Kitty's first one :) Then tonight we'll put the tree up.......can't wait.

Have a good weekend everyone.......can't believe I'm a Celeb is nearly over!

Much love, Lizzy xxx

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts
Hi Carol,

Sorry the meds haven't kicked in yet and made Luke better ... fingers crossed they will have by tomorrow.

In the meantime, big hugs for you hun and a massive hug, kiss and get well soon wishes for my gorgeous wee mate.

Loads of love
Dee
xxx

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Hi

Lizzy - great news from Hertfordshire then?!!!!  Chloe's favorite is Pear :)  Gobbles it!  I think at the next weigh in in 2 week's she'll have put on more than 4oz!!!  That'll keep em quiet!  What's chicken soup with kneidlach?  Have a good time putting up the tree!

Carol - masses of love to you and to Luke (oh and to John!), hope Luke gets well soon and the drugs kick in.

Woppa - how's Eva's eyes?

Jayne - get to the doc's, see if you can get something to shift your cold.

Fee - lots of love to Laura, hope her asthma settled today?  Bet the fog didn't help at all. 

Karen - have a good one putting up your tree!  Photo's please!

Going to try and write Christmas cards this weekend, tree next weekend!

FC - glad that Ken and Tarnnia were OK yesterday!  How were the Laines, we were there last Friday!  Have you seen the shoes in Purple Heart (Bond Street), they do them online  www.purple-heart.com , we got Chloe the lilac butterfly ones!

Ange - bet you didn't show yourself up in Waterstones, you just had an emotional moment.  Think things hit us all the time!

Body balance was brilliant (mix of Tai chi, pilates and yoga), then had a jacuzzi and then picked up Chloe and had lunch.  Clark turned up and took Chloe swimming then.  Had to have a giggle.  I left him to it (done swimming together before) so he doesn't feel like I'm watching over him.  He came back and said: do you keep a normal nappy on under the nappy bikini bottoms  ;D  ;D noooooooooooooooooooooo, well he did!!!!!!!  ;D His comment was "was her bum big in this!!"  Chloe was fine in the creche, which was a relief!

Love Sue
xxxxxx

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dear Carol & Luke

Get well soon little man...I hope your medicine starts to work very very soon.  So sorry to hear you are poorly and being sick...hugs for a get well

Loads of love
Amanda xxx

·
Registered
354 Posts
Dear Carol
Sorry to hear Luke is unwell - sending you all lots of love and loads of get well wishes for the little man. Big hugs.
Take care, much love Bev H xxxx

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Carol

Hope Luke gets well soon. poor little love. Its awful when they are ill. Joe is full of cold at the moment and his cough is awful we were up loads in the night and by the sound of it tonight wont be any better. I just wish i could take it off him.
Will pray for Luke to make a speedy recovery.
Love to all the other poorly babies, children and mum's.

Love Kimx  x x

·
Registered
655 Posts
Hi all

Sorry this is going to be a me post but I seem never to have time to get on here these days... :(

Just quickly tho Carol I hope the antibiotics start to work overnight.  Poor Luke. hope you all get some sleep tonight.

Well not sure if I'm coming or going at the mo, seem to be so busy.

Just invited ex-work colleagues around on Sunday 19th for lunchtime drinks & nibbles, then DH rang me yesterday to say he's got to go to japan for 4 days leaving on the Sat & coming back the Weds before Xmas....I'm never going to get anything done...let alone have 30 people round my house!!! Aaaggghhhhh!

He's also away part of next weekend, & got the inlaws here next week...

Have done about half my Xmas shopping so far...God knows when the tree will go up!!!  ;)

Today I went to Tesco and the fire alarms went off when I was about 3/4 way round, we had to abandon our trolleys & leave the building, wait half an hour outside and then eventually they let us back in...thank goodness for breast feeding as I had nothing else with me, went & sat in the car & fed Toby, so at least he wasn;t screaming for his dinner!  That's just the kind of thing that happens when your mega busy isn;t it.

Tomorrow I'm going for a facial as a birthday treat & then out for lunch on Sunday so hope to chill a bit this weekend  ;D ;D ;D

Toby is doing great, eating for England and dribbling for the universe..

He's so funny at the moment and I can;t wait for his first Xmas, I'm so excited and so aware how lucky we are.

Lots of love to everyone

Vicky & Toby xxx

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
I was going to post but DH has peed me off so i'm going to go to bed and sulk :mad:

Carol ~ hugs to Luke, hope he's better soon,

Night all......have a good weekend,

Lizzy xxx

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Woppa

I print my greeting out now. With a piccie of the three of us and then stick it in the card its much easier.

Love Kimx  xx

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Hi everyone

Sorry I havent been around in a while! I have no excuses!!

I have been reading all your posts...you dont half chat alot!!!! ;D

Sorry to hear about how poorly some of the babies have been. Kisses n hugs to you all.

Three weeks today and its christmas day. Im sooooo excited!! ;D Managed to persuade humbug....I mean dh to put up tree tomorrow!! ;D

Ohh Im gonna go back to bed..Im sooo cold!

love

jeanette x

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
just a quick post - Laura is having a complete temper cos we can't make a tent out of a duvet with just a small pink wand! aargghhh

Just wanted to send hugs to Luke - poor lamb. Hope you are better really soon wee man

Fee xxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hi all,

so sorry ive not been around for ages, won't bore you all with the details  ::) anyway, all sorted now and hopefully can get back on track, will post properly again v soon.

carol - sorry luke is poorly, hope the antibiotics are working.

Mel - happy birthday xxx

suemj - happy birthday for tomorrow xxx

well just a quick update, madsion is well and truly on the move, standing in her cot and generally just perfect, has been quite poorly, with  a cold and cough, took her to my dr said she was fine and it would pass, that wat over 6 weeks ago, as he had not listened to her chest and made me feel i was wasting his time, even vthough she had been throwing up and lost 7oz in 5 days. so i have changed my dr, took madison in tuesday and the dr i saw was great, said madison has a chest infection and is now on penicillin 3x a day, also fantastic news we have a new health visitor so i no longer have to put up with the old dragon,  ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^. madsion is now much better  :)

hope everyone is ok and all looking forward to christmas i am so excited.

take care

well thats all for now

love shelleyxxx

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
Hi All

A really quick visit and not too good again at the catch up things but I'll try

Carol - hope Luke is feeling better soon and doing OK.  Also from your earlier post that I think that you are both special enough to cope with adoption and that you will love any child you take on totally and unconditionally because they will be as special as Luke but in a different way.

Woppa - hope Evas gunky eye degunks soon

Mel - happy birthday

SueMJ - Happy birthday for tomorrow too.

As for me - doing OK mostly.  Now on big fat antibiotic for a uterine infection and an ear infection.  Might be one of the reasons i have felt so low recently but given the size of the things I bet i will soon be up and fighting again.  MIL visiting this weekend - so far so good, she did the 4am feed this morning for us....  Lots to do today off to church this afternoon to go to the fete there and maybe go and see santa !

Take care all

Clare

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Hello!!

Oh, poor Lukey boy, hope you are feeling better soon little man xx

Just a quickie from me, getting ready for Canada, 1 week to go!!!

I have only just found out about 'Baby Einstein' products, and thought I would try and get Katelyn educated early!!!!  So brought a Beethoven CD yesterday, she seems to like it.

Just wondered if anyone has tried any of the other products?, was thinking of getting a DVD but there are so many to choose from, so haven't a clue which one to get?!!

Also, I was wondering which was the best CD, someone said the Mozart one was good too???

Love Jules xxxxxxx

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hello All!

Jeanette, I think youre right - these guys talk way too much!! ;D  I can't keep up either so I apologise to any people I miss!

SueL - LMAO at poor Clark and the 'double nappy' crisis - I think its quite sweet when my dh does something like that - I just want to hug him :)

Carol - I hope that your little man gets better really soon :) and that goes for all the bubs who are poorly this week.

Jules - would live to help with the baby einstein but know very little about it - sorry - will wait to see what others say.

Not much news from me - Patch has started to laugh now (mainly at me, doing my exercises ::) well, I suppose it is quite funny).  He's now putting on loads of weight which is good :)
I put up our Crimbo tree today - I couldn't wait another minute - it looks lovely and the main feature is a bauble saying 'baby's first christmas' - there was a time when I didn't think I'd see that day - "sigh", life is really good at the mo, with my lovely family, getting ready for Christmas - love, love, love, smile, smile, smile.

Sorry to be so soppy  but even now, I still can't get over how lucky we were - how very, very lucky.  You know, this time a year ago was my embryo transfer and I saw Patch on the screen with his twin - eight cells, thats all he was and now he's here with us - I just can't stop smiling :)

OK soppyness over - who's going to win I'm a celebrity?  I can't decide between Janet or Joe?

Take care Lots of love
Chelsxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Ange - That's interesting about that new way of paying.  Never heard of it before  :)  I assume you got all your Ebay hassles sorted as well?  Hope so anyway  :) 

Carol - Sorry to hear Luke's not feeling well.  Hope he's all better very soon.  It's not nice when they're ill  ^hugme^

Lizzy - Serevent is a long lasting releiver inhaler - the drug being Salmeterol).  It's a small green inhaler.  Basically I use it two puffs bd, along with one puff bd of my Beclazone (preventer) inhaler.  Then just use Ventolin as and when necessary.  It's been out a fair few years now I think, but I only got it when I only got it about a year ago.  Totally transformed and controlled my asthma.  A couple of months ago I'd run out of it and hadn't put my repeat script in, just used the preventer and releivers, and I really noticed the difference.  Back on it now. 
Asthma's feeling a lot more under control today, which is good.  I didn't wheeze last night either.  It usually is very under control, but I think this most recent cough and cold has taken it's toll.  Really should've had the flu jab done too, but didn't. 

Sue - Glad you ahd a good time at body balance and Chloe was okay in the chreche. 
LMAO at Clark keeping Chloe's nappy on under her swim nappy  ;D  Ahhh, bless him though, he no doubt loved taking her for a dip  :) 

Mel -  Happy Birthday ^birthday^

Sue -  Happy Birthday for tomorrow ^birthday^

Jules - Don't know about Baby Einstein sorry.  I have the musical mirror, but only got that because I liked it as opposed to because it was from that particular range.  Good luck in the search. 
Bet you can't wait to get off to Canada now  :)  How are you feeling about the flight?

Clare - Hope you feel better soon.  I had a uterine infection after I had Ben and ended up in hospital when he as 8 days old for IV antibiotics.  Not nice at all! 

Woppa - Hope Eva's eyes are better soon. 

Jeanette - Lovely to hear from you.  How are you and your precious cargo doing?  When is your scan now? 

Shelley - Glad to hear Madison's feeling better.

Kim - Good idea on the Christmas cards  :)  I did make a start on mine this afternoon, but have only made a small dent in what I need to write  ::)

Big  ^hello^ to everyone I've not mentioned.  Hope you're all okay  :)

Ben is really tormenting me now with this walking thing.  He just stands there not holding onto anything for aaaages (well, until he decides he doesn't want to anymore and then he lowers himself down in such a controlled way).  He lifts his right foot every time too, but just doesn't take a step forward.  Aaaaarghhhh it's sooo frustrating! Dh is determined he'll walk before Christmas though  ;D 

Chrimbo decs going up tomorrow  :)  Jack's got a birthday party to go to in the morning, and then we'll put them up when he gets home I think.

Love

Jayne x

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Hi Everyone

Well Anthonys is slightly better, still got a little cough and runny nose.  He is eating a bit better which is the main thing, as he hadnt been eating at all.

I have to wait another week to see what results come back with the MRI scan I had last week.  The doctor reckons its migrane related. 

Carol- Sorry to hear Lukes not been feeling well, I do hope he is on the mend.

Sue - Glad Chloe enjoyed the creche.  I keep saying will go back to the swimming to get fit again as they have a creche there, but because I put so much weight on Im embarrased to go back.  I know Anthony would enjoy the creche.

Mel & SueL - Happy Birthday to you both , hope you both have a brilliant Birthday.

Jules - I havent actually bought any of the Einstien products.  Im sure they are very good, I have heard Anthony's nursery go on about them.  As to what one to buy I have no idea.  Does the local video shops rent these things out so you could see before you buy or their website. Apart from that I have no idea. Happy hunting though.  Bet you are so looking forward to your Canada trip.

Clare - I hope your infection has cleared up now and doesnt give you any more bother.  Thats brill the mil is going the night shift for you, every little helps.

Elaine - How is Eva, has she got over her little eye infection? 

Hello to everyone else sorry if i havent mentioned you, but I find it hard to catch up with everything.

Well Im off to make a list of everything I need to buy for Anthonys birthday party. I cant believe he is nearly a year old, its been the quickest year in history.

Anyway take and speak to you all soon

Lisa
xxx

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.