9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone

HAPPY NEW YEAR !! :) :) :)

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hiya all,

Jayne - the panto sounds fab - we have been watching the ones on tv all week with Julian Clarey and lots of other celebs - so funny.

Woppa - we went to Mothercare World yesterday and bought loads of clothes in the sales for Jessica's hols in February. Bought 2 pairs of Clarkes boots too for £15 each. Unfortunately the stroller we bought wasn't reduced - £110 but we had to get one for New Year in Scotland - she would freeze in the one we have now and she is too wide for it.

Well, I made us a second chrissie dinner yesterday and then had to banish Jay to the spare room at 1am for doing the most incredibley smelly sprouty farts ^shake^. It woke me up and then he tried to blame the dog  ;D. Anyway - managed to get a resonable nights sleep after that - Jessica woke at 5.15am and I managed to settle her again within 15 minutes, so other than AF arriving and the sprouty trumps, I slept quite well.

Expected AF to arrive this month so I'm not too disappointed. We haven't had much  ^hump^with Jay behaving as such a prat. Glad to say we are definately fine again - for now.

Have a lovely day everyone - Jay is off playing golf but the ground is still frozen here and it looks like it might have snowed a little over night. I'm sure it will today looking at the sky.

Love Angexxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
489 Posts
Hi all

Well another frosty day here, but no sign of snow yet  :(. Hope its here for the new year  ;D

I went out and got Benjamin his forward facing car seat yesterday..it began to get a struggle to get him in his rear facing one with his winter coat on  ::). I went to halfords and got the Bebe Confort Iseos TT Safe Side for £99.99, £40 off. Was going to get the maxi cosi xp till i saw this one, its really cool. The sides adjust to fit the baby as it grows. He looks so grown up now sitting in it. Has anyone got this one???

Karen & Benjamin

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Hi Everyone,

just read a few posts,looks like everyone is havinga  fab time so far,and we still got a more than a week to go.
Jac the hotel looks magnificent,just been nosing in the royal suite,gonna hire that when i win the lottery lol.

There has been no snow here as yet except white crisp frost in the mornings,we have sun at the moment and we have just been for a 2mile walk along the beach with the dog and Hannah.aww just bliss
Well we have had a fantastic weekend,going to have to move house as we are looking like a toyshop,and no where to put it.
Hannah got 2 of those v tech walkers,but that was handy as we can have one at my mums as well as home,she loves it walking really well with it,and every now and then she lets go and toddles off a few steps and then falls over.I will put a piccy in teh gallery.
Hannah is a sleep at the momentmsuppose i should get some whilst i can as she had us up most of the night with her teeth,she got 8 already but those back ones are started in poke through.......not nice for both of us.
My abcess is being good,at the moment its looking like i dont need it drained,still unable to nurse but am pumping lots (every 2 hours)to keep the supply going.
any must go got a tin of choccy and mug of tea waiting  and a film to watch,lord of the rings (last one)

Happy new year to you all.

lisax hannah clive,xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
jac your holiday looks fab.can i come i promise me and jack will be good :p

am i seeing double is jaqson standing ?? / walking ??

hope everyone has a fab time over the festive period.

still no snow here :mad: where is it ?

xx

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
Hey all.......hope everyones Christmas's were FAB

Jac ~ the photojam is lovely.........looks like Jaqson had a riot,

I'm off to look at all the photos now......gotta get mine processed tomorrow. God i'm so old fashioned ;D

Take care all, Lizzy xxx

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Ange - So pleased to hear that you and Jay are okay again.  LMAO at him blaming the dog for his sprouty farts  ;D  Don't blame you from banishing him to another bedroom  ;D ;D  Well done on the Mothercare bargains  ^afro^

Jac - That hotel looks fab.  Love the marble floors and interesting looking swimming pool  :)  I think you're all going to have a fantastic time there.  Lovely  :)  Bet you can't wait!  :) 
Jaqson's doing fab now with his moving.  Don't think it'll be long now until he takes those first magical steps  :) 

Karen - I don't know that car seat, but it sounds great  :)  Bet Benjamin's having a good old nose out of the windows now he's in a forward facing seat  :)  I always remember the look on Jack and Ben's faces when they first went in one - they loved it  :) 

Lisa - Yayyy, well done to Hannah on taking her first few unaided steps  ^clapping^  Clever girl  :) 

Talking of walking, Ben's really toddling away now and I've held off until now in getting his first pair of shoes, but think we may take a trip to the shops this week or next and get his feet measured and his very first pair  :)  Feel really excited about it.  Jack always wore booties/soft shoes as I didn't think he looked properly dressed without, but for some reason I've been the complete opposite with Ben and he's only ever worn socks.  Not sure what he'll make of a pair of shoes.  Don't think he knows they exist  ;D  One benefit though is that they'll stop him pulling his socks off and dropping them everywhere - can't tell you how many times I've got home only to find him with one on, or someone's come up to me in the supermarket and said 'is this yours?' with his sock in their hand  ::)

Had another lovely day out today.  Nice walk around the lake whilst Jack rode his bike, and then we nipped to B&Q, had some lunch in Asda's and then Jack and Dh went home whilst I bought some bits - mostly fresh stuff like fruit and veg - and had a good old browse around the clothes and stuff  :) 

Have got a rotten headache tonight, and feel really tired - even though I've slept well the past few nights.  AF is due tomorrow though, so no doubt she'll arrive by the morning and that explains why I feel grotty at the mo. 

My cold's almost gone now though, so that's good news  :)  Wish I could say the same for Ben's.  He's well snotty, and Jack has a cought too. 

Having a day around the house tomorrow.  Going to sort through all the toys and organise them/pack away anything unused, etc.  Also going to set up the TV & Video we have for Jack's room.  Not planning on him watching that much in there, but I want one in there so I can do my step exercise tapes.  His bedroom's really long and narrow - about 24 ft long and 8 ft wide, so the length means it's an ideal room for me to do some exercise in.  No space in the other rooms of the house.  Can't afford gym membership anymore, so going to just do that in the house for a bit and then go swimming and to the odd step class at the leisure centre - maybe once a week - just to stop the boredom of the tapes. 

Okay, think I'm going to get some paracetamol now for my head. 

Love to everyone.

Jayne x

·
Registered
307 Posts
Hi Mums and Bubbs

Hope you all had a great Christmas. Where are these photojams? I can't find them! I really enjoyed looking at the other ones a few months ago and wish i was clever enough to make my own.

Lizzy - i've got a digital camera, but still take it to Max Spielman to be developed. It's so much easier!

Jac - your holiday looks fab! I'm sooooo jealous! I've not really got any safety tips, I just watch Rebecca ALL the time. If i need to go to the loo, or make her dinner or something, i strap her into her bouncy chair that she's had from birth, and stick her in front of cbeebies! Not ideal but it works for now! Rebecca's been crawling for about 2 and 1/2 weeks now and although she's got a house full of toys, she always crawls over to my handbag and plays with that, taking everything out and putting it all back in again.

Becca - we had snow up north on Christmas day. It came down quite thick too!

Lisamarie - your walk sounds like bliss. I love the beach in winter. Rebecca got a vtech walker too. My DH said we need a new house to put all her stuff in. And it's her birthday in 2 and 1/2 weeks so we're going to have to do it all again! You are an absolute star for b/fing all this time, like Jac said, a good example. I get so annoyed when people say they won't try it. I wasn't keen at first but i loved it after the first week or so. Hope you enjoyed your film.

Karen u - we got Rebecca a forward facing seat a few week ago. She loves it cos she can see where she's going!

Angie - glad everything's ok with your DH at the mo. Mine has his moments too. Sprouty farts! Hmm! My DH just says, well it's your cooking that caused it. I think our cycles must be synchronised cos my AF's here too. I was disappointed cos my boobs were quite sore before it came and i was hoping for a little Christmas miracle. Rebecca went to the Trafford Centre last week (without me!) and got a bear from the bear factory. She kissed the heart before it went in and when i got her back, and we were alone, i told her i hoped she wished for a little brother or sister. I'm off to Mothercare World at Warrington later this week, hoping for some bargains, and Toys R Us is just round the corner so we're hoping to get Rebecca a bike for her birthday.

Woppa - i went to the Next sale this morning and spent £90! Got some lovely stuff though. Rebecca's kitted out till summer now, but it won't stop me shopping for more!

Jayne - sounds like the panto was fab.

I can't remember what was on the other thread now. Vicky, was it your sister who had the little scare? Glad everything's ok.

Hope everyone's having a great time just chilling out.

Gill xxx

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hiya all,

Sh*t morning - just wanted to share - I'll do personals later.

Jay and I are getting on as fab as before now - everything is definately back to normal. We were just off to Tesco's to get the shopping in to stock the motorhome up for the trip to Edingburgh. His sister has just been round heartbroken because she has discovered her hubby is having an affair. He is such a bl00dy fool. They have everything, a lovely big house, a huge caravan, lovely children and they both get on really well - she just said even the sex is great - she just can't understand it. He did this 2 years ago and she took him back but says she can't this time. Their youngest son has pseudo-acondrapalsia (a form of dwarfism) and he is absolutely mortified. We all are. :(

Cetainly won't be going to Scotland for the new year now as we were all going together. We don't feel like it now. :( It's funny how your whole life can just change in a moment. It was purely by chance that she found a mobile phone going off in a box in the garage. I can't believe he has risked the wonderful life they have.

I know this sounds really selfish, but it's also another nail in the coffin of our plans to go to Australia. Jay really loves his sister, maybe he could be persuaded to leave his mum and dad - but his sister?? I don't think so.

Best s0d off - sorry to log on with such a downer at this lovely time of year. I can't say it's spoilt our christmas because Jessicas smiles all over christmas is enough to keep me going for a life time :), although I am gutted for them all.

Love Angexxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
458 Posts
Sounds like he denied the whole thing Jac - even the messages said "missing you babe" and "when are you coming round". The messages were from some woman that he worked with over a year ago. He smashed the phone up by throwing it up the garden path before leaving for work - funny thing, when H went to clear it up - the sim card had been taken out.

I can't believe he can be such a basterd - he's really possessive of H to - she can't do anything

Love Angexxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Hi

Well our house is like a mad house the past week.  Anthony has been spoiled rotten, he loves all his new toys.  And guess what he is actually crawling now!!!  Glad he figured that one out for himself, I was starting to worry he wouldnt do anything, I know all babies do things at their own pace.  Well so much for getting some teeth for crimbo, still holding out on that one, but he did eat his Christmas dinner and it was only just mashed up so thats progress for you!!

Hope everyone has a lovely New Year, dont know what our plans are, probably quiet just the three of us, just the way I like it!!!  ANd having all the family over again for New Years day steak pie and mash!!

Angie - Im sorry to hear your family are going through a bad time, I know its never nice whatever time of year.  Glad you a Jay are doing ok.

Jac - Hope you enjoy the East Kilbride hospitality, Im sure you will have a great time. Bet you cant wait until your Egypt holiday.

Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas, Im still eating chocolate!!

Have a Happy New Year to everyone.  ^festival^ ^festival^ ^festival^ ^festival^ ^festival^

Lisa
xx

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dear Ange, ohhh hun what a nightmare, it must make you want to hug Jay & Jessica real tight...your poor sil, I really feel for her... :(  Loads of love & hugs to you all....sorry to hear about your New Year plans too :( xxxxx

Jac...HAVE a wonderfull time ! Brilliant holiday you will all have, I've always wanted to go but never got round to it, Jaqson will have a ball :) !  Huggies do swimming nappies from any supermarket or boots, about 8-10 in a pack I think for about a fiver.  Nivea do a great sunlotion for kids, factor 60 I had for Millie but she still tanned ;D !

I'm full of cold big time, gone deaf in one ear ;D but ok....am a bit excited cos we are off to Euro Disney tomorrow morning for New Year :) Can't wait....packed all the jumpers and snow suits for Millie....its going to be cold but fantastic :)

So just wanted to say in case I did'nt get chance

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all my special friends on Fertility Friends, have a great time whatever you do

Loads & Loads of love for 2005
Amanda xxxx

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I know ! ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
489 Posts
Morning all,

Well what a night we had here, it rained so hard i thought the roof was gonna cave in :eek: It even woke Benjamin up at 3am, poor thing must have wondered what it was.
We went to the local shopping centre today and looked around the sales. Got a few things for him but not much there really. Also got him his next pair of shoes, hes a size 5f now, so gone up 1/2 a size. But were his shoes in the sale...no they werent. £25....thats more than what i spend on mine ::) He does look sweet though.

Were's the snow?????

Karen & Benjamin

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey Woppa

Have a fab time in the lakes :)  Heard centreparc's is really really good....take some of your own food though as I think its quite expensive to eat there :) Ohhh and dig your bike out too....actually I think they do those bike seats for babies and small children to sit in on the back...fantastic ;D  such a bargain you got too :)

Cystitis is horrible :( really really one of the worst "down there" things I think you can get....I suffered really bad with it before I was pg but since I had Millie ...ohhhh touch wood i've been absolutely cured ! Seems my bladder has moved and is no longer prone to getting bruised if you know what I mean ;D ;D  tmi !

Enjoy the rain....not.  Lovely to hear about Eva laughing loads...you know she's not far behind Millie on weight...Millie is only 19lbs at 13 mths...Eva is doing great !

Loads love
Amanda xxx

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Ange - Really sorry to hear your family is having a tough time right now.  Feel so much for your SIL - really sad news  :(  Sending love and hugs to you all. 

Amanda - Hope you have a fantastic time at Disneyworld, well, I know you will.  It's gonna be fantastic!  Millie's gonna love it too  :)  Enjoy! 

Woppa - Hope you enjoy Centre Parks.  What a bargain!!!  Well done  :) 
Hope the cystitis clears fast.  Not nice! 

Jac, Woppa - Hope you all have a fab New Year together  :) 

Jac - You can buy disposable or reuseable swim nappies.  I like the reuseable ones that Mothercare do for about £7.  I like Ambre Solaire Childrens Factor 60.  It stays on forever!!!  As for mosquito repellent for kids, I just used a repellent plug in device in the bedrooms when we went to Menorca and that did the trick.  For going out, I think you can buy something suitable for children.  If not, Boots do an aftersun lotion with mosquito repellent in which may be suitable.  Smells a bit yuk, but apparently very effective.

Karen - Isn't that always the way with the shoes  ::)  I'm hopeless now and buy every other pair off the shelf for Jack, so basically when he's in a full size I get off the shelf, and if he needs a half size then I get Clarks because it's hard to get off the shelf in half sizes.  Always have his feet measured regularly though.  Can't wait to go and get Ben's first pair of shoes  :) 

Poor Ben's suffering big time with his cold  :(  Have dosed him with Medised and nose drops, but he's really struggling still.  Very unsettled and grumpy  :(  Poor thing. 

AF didn't arrive today as I had expected it to, but I do feel a lot better than yesterday.  Had about 11.5 hours sleep last night, which was FANTASTIC!  :)  Managed to sort all the toys this afternoon too - took over 3 hours to do  :eek:  Threw out a full black bag of rubbish too - you know, Macdonalds toys and the like.  Set up Jack's TV and Video in his bedroom too, and he thinks he's the bees knees now  ;D 

Love

Jayne x

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Hi all

Hope everyone has had a wonderful time?

Lisamarie - glad you found the links helpful, I just did a search on google on breastfeeding and charts and those sites came up, got a feeling at least one may be american though, don't know if that makes a difference? Glad that your abscess isn't as bad as it was (((((((hugs)))))).

Jayne - had to giggle at your dh and his antics or rather lack of them after his works doo! Sounds like Jack and Ben had a wonderful time! Glad the panto and iceskating where good! Great idea on the exercise at home!Get well soon to you guys.

Gill - yipppppeeeeeee on Rebecca crawling!

Ange - great idea on the video link to see your mum, bet you miss her though ((((((((hugs))))))))). Sorry to hear the old witch arrived but great news that you and Jay are top dollar! ;D Awful for Jay's sister.

Woppa and Ange - ;D ;D ;D

Kim - sounds like all go in your house! Quiet for you on the cooking front :)

Amanda - lol at Millie just into her little tikes house! What did you and Ian get for each other?

Karen - awwww poor Benjamin not liking Santa's beard!

Vicky - what a fright for your poor sister, but what a relief all OK.

Clare - loved your post about what a difference a year makes in your life (((((((hugs)))))))).

Jac - with you on away in a manger and also little donkey! Gets me every time! Glad you enjoyed your Venture experience, just take tissues with you when you go to "view"! When are you going? ? ? ? How is Elmo in your house - great pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D Hotel looks fab! You are going to have a ball with Woppa and co! Jaqson will be fine swimming! You could try him in the bath swimming before you go and before you splash water over his head say "ready go" kind of gets them used to it!? As for swim nappies - zoggs are fab! http://www.cheekyrascals.co.uk/zoggs/zoggs4.html#nappy (Chloe has the fish bikini!!)

Lisa - great news on Anthony crawling!

Amanda - have a wonderful wonderful time in Eurodisney! That will be fantastic! Have you got room in your suitcase?

Lizzy - did you get your photo's? can you scan them in? please!!!! I'm mad I get all mine developed too even though they're digi!

Becca - loved the washing machine!

Allie - how you doing? Awwwwww at Kirstie putting pressies to one side!

Sarah - what happened with Jamie's dad, why is he back?!!

FC - what a present, Ken home for christmas day!

Woppa - great idea to get away! Centre parcs are brilliant! Love your description of Eva laughing at Dougie!

We've had a wonderful time! Chloe has been fantastic - carted around the country! Went to my brothers in Brighton on Christmas day for lunch so we had the morning just the 3 of us! She likes wrapping paper and it goes straight in her mouth! We videod her asleep at 7 a.m. with her sack at the base of her cot, one for her to view when she's older! Chloe has suddenly realised we have a cat in our house!!!!! She gently strokes her, it's so funny!

When Chloe had gone to sleep we travelled up to Clark's mum's in Daventry and spent Boxing Day and Monday there travelling back late on Monday night when Chloe had gone to sleep again! We got to see Clark's step brother and his family and his step sister and my parents joined us up there too so it was pretty special. Went for a lovely walk along the canal with Chloe on Monday to blow away the cobwebs!

Today Clark had to do a little work but joined us back over at my brother's where they were having another gathering! Chloe's cousin (and step counsins!) are so noisy in comparison but Chloe seems to take it in her stride!

Might have a go of the photojam later but where's Sue's?

Sue where are you?

We haven't hit the shops yet, probably tomorrow but my SIL went to next and got some good stuff for next winter for Chloe, but it looks massive!

Chloe has been thoroughly spoilt (toys, clothes, books etc) and she had a wonderful ride on caterpiller and we've had a wonderful time! I had some cuff links for clark done with a black and white picture of Chloe set into them, he can't stop looking at them! He got me a lovely locket and idiot here got in the shower with it and the pics are soaked, so just redoing them!! ;D

Love to you all and a prosperous new year!
Sue
xxxxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
6,624 Posts
Hi Girls,

Glad to read that you've all had a fabulous Christmas and the kiddies have all been spoilt rotten!

Amanda - your day sounded very much like mine, not getting much unwrapped in the morning. I eventually got to my SIL/BIL's at around 12.15 instead of 11, having only unwrapped about two pressies of Iestyn's. We then went around there, and the littlun's got stuck into their pressies from each other - Iestyn got a real cool motorbike (rideon) - I'll try and post a piccie in the gallery of him on the back of it with Bailey.

We then got over to my mum and dads around 1.45pm and had a ball with all my family - 14 of us all together, plus Iestyn, who was so spoilt, but sooooo good all day.

We got back home just before midnight - Iestyn had a second wind at this time, having slept a bit during the evening, so we let him stay up another hour, whilst we then unwrapped all the pressies, it was sooo much fun and our BEST Christmas ever.

Last year was our BEST Christmas as we had the BEST pressie we could once only ever have dreamed of - but this year was even better, coz we still had that best pressie, but he brought with him so much more magic this year, bringing his character into Christmas (as cheeky as it is!).

Anyone that wants to see our Christmas photojam (GILL) - here's the link - http://www.shockwave.com/rd/photojam4/?10001888/1104100702323_192

Amanda - have a fandabbydosey new year in Euro Disney! What a way to see the new year in.

Jac - Swim nappies - disposable ones are usually around £5 for about 12. If you have an Asda near you, they usually have them on offer for around £1.50 - £2.50! Bargain! Have a wonderful new year with the Wypers!

Angie - Sorry to hear about your SIL and the knock on effect on your plans. Is the suggestion about your SIL coming to Oz viable at all? Glad to hear things are back on track with you and Jay though - it's so tough when things are stained in our relationships isn't it, when you think about our miracle Children that we have between us.

Jayne - you've done well holding off buying Ben's first shoes. I got Iestyn some Clarks crawlers in the middle of September. They still fit him now, he seems to have such diddy feet. He had such big feet when he was first born and just seemed to grow into them. I used to love him in bare foot though all throughout the summer. I held off getting any shoes until the weather got cooler and the only reason I got them then was so he didn't keep losing his socks.

Sue - IM HERE ^chuckle^ posting at the same time as you! Thanks for your message on the ansaphone on Xmas eve - we were doing the 'friends' rounds at the time. Sounds like you've had a fabby time and as USUAL Chloe has been a real star. Think Iestyn will be able to teach her a thing or two about cheekyness in time, he's an expert at it...... but oh so adorable!

He's changing so much all the time and is as bright as a button. I'm not sure if it was coincidence of if this is something he's really noticed - but he's got a wooden Noah's Ark, which has six pairs of animals in and Noah and his Wife. He was playing happily in his bedroom earlier with this and I was spying on him without him knowing. He had hold of Noah and was babbling away to him, then carefully placed him on his bookshelf, he then rooted through the other wooden animals until he came across Noah's wife - he then picked her up, babbled away and then put her by Noah's side on the shelf.......

He's beginning to say a few words now, his favourite being 'Nah - his version of NO, which he says when he's about to do something he knows he shouldn't do - like turn my BLOODY TV OFF!' - others are, 'Look, Ready Steady, Boooo, Yeah'.

Anyway enough from me.

Hope everyone else is well - sorry for not doing personals to all.

Love,

Sue xxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Evening girls

Just popping in to wish you all a wonderful 2005 with your gorgeous babies!

We had a fantastic christmas! I love all your photojams so I'm off to see if I can work out how to do my own!

Promise to catch up properly after new year

Much love
Sophie
xxxx

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Hi all,

My poor Hannah is not very well,last night she was running a temp of 37.78,we called the out of hours gp who said that all we where doing was fine,i had her stripped&gave her calpol,she had gone of her foods all day but we where managing to get lots of fluid into her.
Well today she was irritable all day,would n't eat or drink much,and tonight her temp was 38.53!
She has all the signs of teething,runny nappies,rash on bottom,dribbling,cough,but she has 4 on top and 4 on bottom so far,so this must be the big back ones coming through.
When her other teeth came in we gave her teetha powders,amulsol liquid,calgel,and we had a few restless nights,but not anything like this.

Has anyone else had teething like this?and what did you do to help relieve the pain and the temp.
All last night i was up and expecting tonight as well to be up.
good news is my abcess must be getting better as it donthurt no more..........bad news is Hannah wont feed from me,i will try again tomorrow when hopefully she will be feeling better,if she wont take me no more,i will be gutted,gonna to try her when she half asleep.
sorry no personals,feeling a bit tired and worried.

lisaxxx

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.