Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New home for ALL the Mummy's.... including you Fee ;D !

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Awwww Lizzy :( Hope you feel better soon and get to have the correct medication on Wednesday. I hear what you're saying about missing your mum, big ^Cuddle^ to you :-*

Love

Jayne x

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Super Sue ;D

You Jetsetter ! ;D I saw your post on the rainbow thread, what a lovely lot of hollibobs your gonna have ;D x x x

Well, hi again everyone. Hope you are all well and happy :)

We are all well, tired but well. Wedding reception saturday night was brilliant, best bit was the buffet ;D rare roast beef slices, yorkshire puds filled with mash & two sausages stuck in the top, roast potates and all on tap from 9pm thru till midnight....just yummy ;D Did not sleep well at the inlaws, Millie was in their room and I had the urge all night to go & check in on her & could not cos I did not want to go into inlaws bedroom.... so could not sleep cos I was worried about her, hence knacked out now.

Not much else to report, off to Bluwater tomorrow with one of the girls from baby club and her daughter, friends to lunch on weds, swimming and cleaner on thursday, friday Somerset for the bank holiday. Hope the weather is ok.

Jayne... sorry to hear about your poo e-bay purchase, any luck on a reply yet ? Makes you sick when you get stung like that eh ? make you think twice anyway, well does me ;)

Jac.... brilliant news on Jaqson talking, what a star ! His new pictures are lovely, he is so gorgeous, looks lovely in his outfit in the garden, really suits him ;D

Angie... how are you doing, long time no hear ??? Hope your ok, or you may be away ? Anyway Hello :)

Ok...being called to bed (to sleep!) so better go, speak very soon and look after all of you & the bubs

loads of love
Amanda & Millie x x x

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Hi Everyone

Sorry I haven't been around much, been reading but not posting. Saturday was great at the beach - Amy loved it and my friends beach hut is just any old hut it's fully functioning with water, electric and gas. Has a little verander! Looking forward to summer now as she's invited us down any time ;D
Then on Saturday night I came down poorly - again :( Just don't know what's wrong. This time it is tonsillitus and aching all over. Pretty sure that I am just run down and need to relax a little. But there's just no one around to help so in a visious circle. My 83yr old Nan is coming to stay tommorrow and she is fantastic with Amy so maybe I'll put my feet up in the afternoon.
Been to Weight Watchers tonight and lost another 3lb so that's 1/2 a stone in total ^jumpin^

Amy is fine - rolling from front to back this evening. Because we praised her for doing it she kept on - getting in a strop if we left her on her back!!! Fab
I can't believe how much she is changing now and becoming a little personality, Jamie and I were watching her sleeping last night and saying how much we love her and how very lucky we are.

Lizzy - I miss my Mum too - sending big hugs. Hope they sort your medication out.
Jac - give Jaqson a big hug - hope he gets better soon.
Mel - great news about Jessica sleeping through.

Right got to go falling asleep!! And have to feed Amy yet or I shall be back up in a few hours.

Hope everyone else is okay - will post a proper reply in a few days
Love sarah x x

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi Girls,
l hope that you are feeling better Lizzy, your mum would be so proud of you. Sending you a big hug. x
Well girls l have done it, Cara and l are going to Florida in the 15th May, l hope l have done the right thing. l worry something bad will happen to either us or to DH, my brothers etc when we are away. Nice cheery person that l am. Got my fight for £179!! By the time l paid for Cara(to sit on my knee) and my meal it came to £259. Which is good as my poor mum paid £429, she will be mad when she finds out, but happy to have us with her.
Hope that everyone is enjoying the sunshine.
Love Lou x

·
Premium Member
6,624 Posts
Glad to see it's getting a wee bit busier on here again!

Lizzy, sorry to hear you're feeling a bit down right now - think you're entitled to get a bit maudlin from time to time, especially over having lost your mum. My mum doesn't live close but at least she was still able to come and help me out when I had Iestyn - I think you've done wonders! ^cuddleup^.

Jayne, sounds really strange hearing you talk about going back to work - I can't believe how fast it's coming around for so many on here. Reckon everyone should get paid maternity leave for at least the first two years of a bubbs life!

Not sure about your taste in CD's! ^chuckle^ - I'd recommend you give that Welsh lullaby CD a go if you manage to find it!

Mel - Wow, great on Jessica's sleep through. If you're anything like me, you would have hesitated in writing that for fear of tempting fate that you'll not have another for a while. Hope it's the start of many many more.

Karen - Aww how quickly is Benjamin growing up! Bet he looks so cute crawling.

Jac - hope your lickle man picks up soon, he's being poorly too much, it's not fair for such a happy lickle chappie.

I'll be thinking of you away - I have nothing but admiration for all you do.

Amanda, hope you've had a fabbie weekend with all this glorious sunshine - Millie is gorgeous in whatever she wears, but I can imagine her really sparkling big time in the beautiful summer outfits you can get for girls.

Angie - I've not booked my flights to Oz yet - will hopefully do them over the next night or two. We're only going to go for two weeks now instead of three, as we are going to go to Corfu for a week at the end of June as well.

FC Mel - Tarnia sounds a little darling. need some piccies in the gallery please!

Vicky - Sounds like things are going well with Toby the Munchkin! You certainly seem to be finding your feet and sussing things out really well. I like your sensible head - be in bed by 9.30! Need some up to date piccies in the gallery please.

Sophie - how's that little man of yours doing - he's scrumptious.

Right sorry if I've missed anyone, I'm a real air brain these days.

Iestyn gets more and more adorable as time goes by - so much so, I tend to think it's impossible for him to get any more adorable, but somehow he manages it.

His latest is, I'm sure he's trying to give me kisses. I give him lots of kisses on his cheeks when I am cuddling him. Suddenly last Wednesday when I was in the swimming pool with him he started sucking on my cheeks and chuckling as he did so. Since then I've noticed that if I go to kiss him on his cheeks, he turns his face towards mine and starts sucking on my cheeks, with little chuckles - so I'm sure it's his way of giving kisses - especially as I say to him as I kiss him, are you going to give mummy kisses!

He's now rolling all over the place too - no sooner do I lie him on his back on a play mat and he's over on to his tummy. He's discovering so much more that way too. For months he's laid on his back on his Activity mat playing with the dangling toys - well now he rolls onto his tummy and has discovered that there are crinkly parts and different textures on the mat and lights and music etc.....

He looks so gorgeous in all his summer outfits - it's so nice to have minimal clothes on him and being able to see his arms and legs, rather than them being all covered up.

His hair is going so much fairer - I'm convinced he's going to end up blonde.

His eyes are still the most beautiful porcelain blue - a feature that everyone comments on.

Blimey, how much can I go on and on about my beautiful son - I'm just so in love and in awe of him.

As for me, I've been to the dentist today and had one of my big fillings at the back of my mouth replaced - it's now a lovely white filling and I can't believe just how relaxed I was when I was having it done. The dentist chair was so comfortable - he anaethatised the area so well and then put on some lovely music, that I just concentrated on the music and barely thought about what he was doing and came as close as you possibly could in a dentist chair to going to sleep - I'm well impressed with him, considering Dentist's used to scare the hell out of me.

I'm hoping to book our flights to Oz over the next couple of days, hoping to go very beginning of June.

And then as you've just read - we're off to Corfu at the end of June. My mum and dad will be out there again for two weeks and when I was over my mums at the weekend, she said how she's going to miss all the family not going this year - so I said I would love to go, but didn't think Dion would, so said I might try and approach him to see if he'd mind Iestyn and myself going for a week.

Well I asked him and he said of course we could go, why would I think he'd stop us!

So I told him earlier I was going to book the flights and was he sure he didn't want to go, when he piped up that he would go! I'm so chuffed as although I'd have had a great time with my mum and dad and Iestyn, I did feel as though Dion would have been missing out playing with Iestyn on the beach and in the Sea.

So I'm getting really excited, got a busy couple of months ahead - especially since I've still not sorted out getting Iestyn christened. I had been hoping to get hi christened before he was six months - but that's clearly not going to happen - so I think I will try and be a bit more realistic and maybe try and sort something out for July.

I can now get into all of my old clothes, including some of the items I'd not been able to wear for a good while before I got pregnant, so am pretty chuffed with how well I've done with the weight loss.

Anyway, I think I've waffled enough - best go.

Love

Sue xxxxxxxx

P.S. I think our under one's group is going to get up and running the first week after the may bank holiday - I chased it up at Baby Clinic today.

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Hi everyone :)

Its been busy on here once again and I am lost already :(
Lizzy hope you feel better soon,I now its not the same but I really miss my dad big time and cry almost every day wishing he had met Hannah ^Cuddle^but they are with us in spirit :-*

Sorry I have read the past posts but my brain cannot take it all in and post.
Hannah is doing very well it's a good job as the hospital has only just informed us her results are back from Great Ormond Street,we have a appointment for 7th June to discuss the results,but I can only find out whats happening from my gp once they fax the verdict over to my gp next week.
Hannah is very good with her bed time at the moment she is in bed by 7pm sometimes wants to go up by 6pm,she sleep thru to 3-4-5 in the morning but silly mummy thought that if I woke her at 12 and feed her she will sleep till 7am........no way I was up all night with her,wont do that again I feel blessed at her just waking once.
Hannah has learnt to blow raspberrys at me it melts my heart everytime,we have also started to use the gro sleepingbags they are fantastic wish I had used them earlier.

I have been going to a mother&baby group run by surestart and midwifes and health visitors.
its brilliant as I have struct up a friendship with 4 offer girls and babes and we have started to do lots together like swimming&shopping and the lunch thing.
I am starting a 11 weeks surestart course on Wed called babie buddies.
I will learn everything there is to know about breastfeeding and will then be quilified to help new breastfeeding mothers and will support and give advice.
excited but also bricking it,hannah will be in the creche they provide whilst I do the 2 hours of learning each week plus homework :eek:

ok must go I need my bed swimming tomorrow ;D

love Lisa&Hannah

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hi everyone, sorry computer probs kept me off for a few days, just now trying to catch up. so much has been happening as ususal.

Jac - hope Jaqson is feeling better soon. Izzy hope you are also feeling better soon.

Well latest on Josh is that he is now just over 11 months - can't believe that he is 1 next month. Where does the time go - it is hard to remember what he was like when he was such a tiny babe!! We will have to start thinking what we are going to do to celebrate his big day - I would really like to have the close family round and have a party for him especially as we didn't get to have a big party when he was christened as we were still living in the mobile home. Our floors are going down from today in the house so I hopefully should have things in order by his birthday to have people round - don't know whether the dh will agree mind you!!

For you info girls as well - a while ago I had posted to Jeanette for some tips on sleeping. Josh basically fell asleep during his last bottle a night and by the time I had him upstairs he had woken again. He was also getting heavy for carrying upstairs. I changed his routine, bath, story and gave him his final bottle in his room so that I only had to lift him the short distance into the cot.

Recently he had started to waken again everytime I lowered him into the cot so, last week I decided enough is enough. Monday night he cried to 7mins, Tuesday 5 mins and went unconscious (both nights I was just outside his door). On Wednesday I increased his bottle (he usually would've had 6oz last thing) to 8oz and put him in his cot with the last 2oz gave him his blanket, kissed him goodnight. The wee might folded over on top of his blanket, drunk the bottle and went to sleep. He has murmured a bit a couple of nights but hasn't thrown any major wobbles and seem happy with this new addition to his routine.

I am so pleased with him. I seem to have let him lead me in what he wants from when he was born, and for him it really seems to be working. Even drinking from the wee first cups - when I first tried he he wasn't interested and then low and behold about 8 or so weeks ago he lifted the cup from the cupboard himself and started sucking. I am so so proud of him.

He is toddling behind his wee walkie and just gives you a big smile being so pleased with himself. He has also started to give cuddles, so all in all he seems to achieving what he should be for his age.

The thought of a number 2 has been rearing it's head. Don't know whether I have the courage to try again. I don't think I could face more treatment but will need to have a long hard think. Age is not on my side (I am 38 in June) and if I was to be luck a 2nd time, it would mean definitely giving up the job I am currently in. I reckon in time the job will have to go as when Josh starts nursery etc I won't be able to travel (we live in the country so don't have family had hand who could help with the drop off and picks up).

Well girls enough waffle for me. Take care of yourself everyone, enjoy the bank holiday weekend.

Love Barbara

·
Registered
489 Posts
Hi

Well Bens hearing test went well, knew he could hear us but it was nice to be officially told.
He refused his bed time bottle & his dream feed bottle last night, but i put it down to him being very tired as he had only slept for around half an hour yesterday. Then this morning he woke at 5.45 & took 4 oz, still seemed a little tired (unlike him as he normally wants to go down & play after his bottle). I put him back down, & 5 minutes later he started moaning...he'd got a rather smelly nappy(wont go into details!!). After changing him & putting back down he was moaning again 10 minutes later...another rather smelly nappy. He was fine after that, ate his brekkie as normal & we went shopping. Made his dinner when we got home & after 2 mouth fulls he was sick everywhere..it missed his high chair table but didn't miss me..yuk. Got him cleared up & thought i would give him another go with his dinner....bad idea...did exactly the same thing. Phoned the doc for an emergency appointment & the earliest they can see us is 4.10!!! He hasn't been sick again since, but seems really sleepy & not himself at all. I hope its nothing serious, expect its just a tummy bug. Will let you know how we get on at the docs.

Kaen & Benjamin

·
Registered
489 Posts
Woops spoke too soon...just got him up after a nap & its another smelly nappy..worse one so far..down the legs as well as up the back...he's definately poorly.

Karen & Benjamin

·
Premium Member
6,624 Posts
^Cuddle^ for Ben and Karen!

Hope Ben's better soon!

Love,

Sue xxxxxx

·
Registered
489 Posts
Sue MJ

Thanks for the cuddles...seems to have done the trick a little. Doc says there is a virus around & that the runny nappies are a good sign!! Easy for him to say he doesn't have to change them. Anyway, he said to keep giving Benjamin small amounts of water & to try him on a tiny bit of dinner. I gave him about 2 teaspoons & he didn't want anymore, but it stayed down. He also had 2 ounces of milk just now before he went to bed, which so far has stayed down. Lets hope its just a 24 hour thing & he will be ok in the morning.
Ofcourse Benjamin did his usuall trick, when we got to the doctors he was full of beans, had rosey cheeks & was full of smiles for the doc...sure he didn't believe me when i said he'd been sleepy most of the day!! He's a really good doc with the babies though.

Karen & Benjamin

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
Karen - Glad to hear that Ben just has a tummy bug - hope he feels better soon - hugs to you both.

Mel (FC) - 11lb's already she is getting big bless her, arent the injections awful more for us i think, Jessica has her last lot next Tuesday which is good for me. I got Jessica weighed last Thursday and she was 12lb 1oz @ 14 weeks and 4 days, i thought that was quite good for her, will ask to see a HV next week to have a chat about her weight and feeding i think.

Hope you all had a good day mummys and bubbs.

Mel

x x

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Hi
we took hannah swimming today and she loved it.

I was waiting for her last lot of injections but both my GP and health visitor said its ok to take her and you dont have to wait for all injections.
Its also says in the NHS book that its ok to take swimming no immunisation needed and you cant catch polio or give polio in water.
I think its old wife tale personaly.
As we breast feed I felt she was safe anyway regarding catching anything,we went along to a baby class still session,wonderful.
I Just got my sing and sign dvd its really good although only 25 mins long
http://www.singandsign.com/Sites/singandsign.nsf/Site/Launch

Mel -Jessica has a brilliant weight ,Hannah is 12lb 10 but she is getting chubby bless her

karen- hope Ben is feeling better ^Cuddle^

Hi to all other mums and babes

love Lisa & Hannah14weeks(blowing raspberry's)

·
Registered
489 Posts
Hi all
Well he stayed asleep without being sick!! I have just given him a dream feed & he took another 2oz. He would normally take 4 - 5 for his dream feed but i wasn't going to push it. Hopefully i will get some sleep 2night.

With the swimming thing i was told by my hv that it was safe to go before the jabs. Ben loves it.

Karen & Benjamin

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi all

Not been posting for a while - taking the time to read still. Had my birthday last week - 1st time mummy birthday card receipient!!!!!! Jasmine also bought be a lovely purse because the one I had before didnt have a window for a picture of her.

Just been really busy - dont know where the time or days go!

Mel - Jasmine also has her 3rd Jabs next tuesday and I am also planning to take her swimming about a week after (teething permitting).

Karen - I hope Ben is feeling better.

Dont believe it - I can here my little miracle waking (up in the night because of the storm - which was a bit of a shock to the system).

Will try and post again later but am taking the car for a service.

Lynn

·
Registered
489 Posts
Morning all,

Well Benjamin slept till 4am!! That was a nice surprise as he hadn't really eaten much yesterday. He then drank 4 1/2oz & went back to sleep till 6.30. He has seemed much brighter today, & no runny nappies (touch wood). Looks like my little soldier is on the mend. Thank you to everyone wishing him well, it really means a lot.

Karen & Benjamin

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sue ;D

Loved the post about Iestyn giving you kisses......thats so cute ;D He is gorgeous.....love him to bits !

Great news on the baby club front, coming along very quickly now eh ?!

Amanda xxxx

·
Registered
489 Posts
Hi

Well I spoke too soon. Benjamin was getting ratty, so I thought I would try him in his cot to get some sleep. No soon had I laid him down, he started being sick again. Poor little thing was so scared. I have finally got him to sleep. There was me thinking he was getting over it.

Karen & Benjamin

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
Karen ~ big hugs to you and Benjamin,

Hope he gets better soon, poor mite,

Lizzy xx

1 - 20 of 84 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.