Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A new place for all you wonderful Mummies to natter away ... especially about your gorgeous babes!

Love
Dee
xxx
;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
67 Posts
Oh girls, l am finding things really hard. We were in hospital all weekend with Cara. On Friday night she was really really sick and the sickness had a tinge of green off of it. On the way to the hospital she went all floppy and sleepy, l was so upset DH was crying too. Not long after we arrvied she seemed to be more with it and she was put on a drip. l was allowed to feed her on Sat afternoon. They did an xray, took blood and stool samples(not got result) they said xray was ok and they thought it may be a viral infection. l am soooo worried about her, l can't stop crying. They said as lond as she is ok l should go on holiday. l have it in my head that there is something seriously wrong with her.
l know that there has been a few other babies unwell too, could someone tell me if there sick was slightly green. l think l am going off my head.
Love Loux

·
Registered
67 Posts
Jac - sorry to hear about Jacqson. l hope that he gets better soon. It is so worrying. Cara's funny breathing really freaked me out.
l know that there are a few nurses on this site, could anybody give me any advice on adhesions, as Cara has had a bowel operation(malrotation of the gut) this is the big concern.
l think l may need to start my anti depressants soon, l feel awful.
Love Lou x

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Girls

Just wanted to send "get well soon" love and cuddles to all the poorly babies.

Love
Dee
xxx

·
Premium Member
6,624 Posts
Lou, so sorry to hear you're having a worrying time with Cara - as Deb's said, don't hang around for responses on here, please do contact your GP/Hospital for reassurance.

Jac - you too! poor Jaqson, he's certainly going through the mill isn't he.

I know just the thought of Iestyn getting ill terrifies the hell out of me - so big ^Cuddle^ for you both!

Love to everyone else.

Can't believe my little boy will be six months on Wednesday. He's coming on in leaps and bounds!

Love,

Sue xxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Evening everyone
;-
very quick post from me tonight

Lou2 - what a stressful time you are having, it's no wonder you feel bad. I hope you get some advice about Cara soon

Jac - sorry you had a bad time too

Jules - what a lovely way to mark the day. Hugs to you

Sophie
xx

Jules

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thanks girls, Cara seems ok tonight. l wanted some advice on the adhesions for myself. What l really want to know is can they be fatal? l know l have to look out for green sickness, severe colic or tummy distention. Its awful hard. My mind is wandering at times thinking that the hospital haven't pick up a blockage in her bowel,. her poos have been slightly less than normal which l don't think l told them but she is still going twice. a day morning and night. Then l try to reasure myself that any blockage would of shown up in the xray and if she had a blockage.
Thanks for letting me get all this out, DH is starting to get annoyed with me looking for a worry. He said that the docs say she is ok ans she is so stop torturing yourself - wish l could be so confident.
Love Lou x

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
Lou ^Cuddle^ I know in your shoes i'd be frantic too. I'm sure they are taking the best possible care of Cara though and this will all get sorted soon. Take care, hun.

Jac ~ give your little man a big hug from me, what a fright for you,

Jules ~ thinking of you and your mum today. Bluebells are beautiful......

Soz, not much time to post ~ look after yourselves and your lovely bubs,

Lizzy xxx

·
Premium Member
6,624 Posts
Lou,

Sorry can't really help you on the adhesions query, but am glad that Cara is brighter this evening.

I think it's difficult to say sometimes whether bubbs poos are normal or not, coz I know that Iestyn's change all the time - I could get quite graphic about the change in today's fill!

I'm sorry dh is getting a bit annoyed with you, please feel free to sound off on here anytime if it helps. But I would say, to some degree your dh is right - there is no point in torturing yourself over something that may not be there. Live each moment to the full and try not to worry about 'what if's' - life is far to short to fill it with these.

I hope you've not taken offence at me saying that, or even hold back on posting if you are feeling down or worried - because I would hate you to feel that you can't get things off your chest here and I know that with the best will in the world, with Dh trying to put things into perspective, but getting annoyed and me trying to word things slightly different - it's easier said than done and if we didn't worry about our bubbs, we wouldn't be normal.

I really do think that perhaps you should write down all your concerns and go and see your GP or Cara's Consultant and discuss each in turn, no matter how trivial any of the points may seem. Any health professional worth their sorts will be more than happy to try and alleviate any distress caused to you.

At the moment, the best I can do for you is give you a big cyber ^cuddleup^!

Love,

Sue xxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
67 Posts
Sue - l know that you are right. Every now and then l can pull my self back and say - they have done an xray, taken blood, stool samples and observed Cara, if they had concerns then we wouldn't be home. Then my mind just runs off and l end up in tears. l have my HV tomorrow and was thinking of asking her to call the hospital for me to ask them to go over things with her as l am finding it all hard to take in.
l was going to cancel Florida but the consultant said that as long as Cara is well then it is ok for us to go. To be honest l really think that l need the break more than ever now, l have fell apart this time. l really did get a fright.
DH always looks on the bright side of things, which is good but sometimes l feel he doesn't know how to deal with me if l am down or if there are unhappy things happening, he is fab when everything is happy. l am not running him down he is a good hubby but jsut sometimes think he dosen't realise that things are not perfect all the time. l don't just mean with Cara just in general.
No l don't mind you being straight with me, to be honest l need it.
l do feel a bit better, thanks.
Hope you guys are ok, l haven't even read any of the posts, my head is all over the place.
Love Lou x

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Dear Lou

So sorry to hear that Cara was in hospital. Big hugs to both her and you ^Cuddle^

I do hope that you are able to get some sort of reassurance from the doctors to put your mind at ease that all is well with Cara. My dh is the same as yours (positive side to everything, and never worry unless it's actually happening), and sometimes, I find it really hard to cope with, because, like you, my mind also wanders off way into the 'what if' territory, until I'm scared witless sometimes! So, I really do understand how you feel.

I also understand totally how scared you must be that something may happen to your precious little girl, and no doubt this fear isn't helped by Cara having the bowel adhesions, spent a fair bit of time in hospital since birth, etc.

I know we've spoken before on this thread about PND, and for me, one particularly prominent symptom was over worrying and excessive guilt. I'm naturally a bit of an over worrier anyway, but generally I can put things back into perspective relatively quickly, and realise when I'm letting my mind wander off into the 'what if' territory a bit too far. However, whilst I was feeling particularly low, I found it really difficult to do this.

So, what I'm saying is that whilst I realise that every mum will worry herself stupid about the health of her child, there is obviously limits to this, and excessive worry, tears, etc. may be due to the PND your GP and HV think you have.

You know yourself, and you know how you would normally react to situations, so are probably the best judge of whether the way you are reacting to this one is how you ordinarily would, or maybe it's being amplified by the PND.

I know you're not too keen on taking the Anti D's, so maybe a good chat with your HV tomorrow will help you lots anyway, and between you, you can decide how best to help alleviate your worries.

I hope you feel better soon, and that you can go and have a nice time in Florida. I think it will be of enormous benefit to you.

Take care of yourself.

Love

Jayne x

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Jac - Awwww, poor little Jaqson :( I hope the medicine kicks in really quickly for him and he gets well soon. ^cuddleup^ to you both.

Jules - What a lovely way to remember your dad both today and in years to come. Your post really moved me. ^cuddleup^ to you.

Deborah - Sorry to hear that Max has another cold. Babies eh! One illness after another isn't it ::) Actually, saying that, (touch wood), my 2 have been cold free now for a good few weeks. Really unusual, as Jack normally gets them in nursery and then we all pass them around between us for the next 6 months and beyond. Nightmare! I've never had as many colds in my life as I have since he started nursery a year ago. Anyway, hope Max gets well soon, and that your cold doesn't come to much.

HV is coming to visit in the morning, and then I have to take Jack for the rest of his jabs (the ones I didn't let him have at the same time as his MMR booster a few weeks back) in the afternoon. Will try and do a bit of shopping in between as well. Also have to pack up a load of stuff that I've sold on Ebay ;D Made over £70 on just bits and bobs really. Nothing major. So really pleased with that.

We're off down to Tenby on Friday for just over a week, so really looking forward to that. Will be nice to have some time all together as a family and go on little trips out and about in Tenby. Dh works 6 days a week, 13 hour days, so we don't get much time together really. Going to go to Folly Farm on one day, and Oakwood on another. Sure Jack will love it in both places, and I will too ;D I'm a real sucker for the fun fair, big roller coasters, etc. Dh hates roller coasters, so that suits me. He can look after Jack and Ben whilst I go on the big ones ;D Love em! Think Jack will like the little merry go round type rides. The caravan is right on the beach front too, so it'll be lovely if the weather brightens up a bit. Not too worried about it being blazing sunshine, but just want it mild enough to be able to sit on the beach (even if it's not in a cozzy), with the children and build sandcastles, go paddling, etc.

Love

Jayne x

·
Registered
458 Posts
Morning everyone,

Lou - What Jayne said about you being the best judge of how you would usually react to a situation is good advice. Please look after yourself and give Cara a hug from me and Jessica.

Jayne - thanks for the Ebay IM - to be honest, I don't think I'll sell anything anyway - both items haven't even received a bid yet. Hope Jack is okay with his jabs.

Jac - hope yo manged to get some sleep last night after worying about Jacson. Hope he is feeling more himself - mind you - sounds like the little soldier still manages to smile even when he's poorley, bless him.

Jules - it sounded a very special day that you had and now bluebells will always mean something special to you. Really lovely story.

I'm typing fast again as I have a lot to do while Jessica is sleeping. She slept better last night - still had a little wobble about an hour after going down but wasn't screaming this time so we left her to cry it out and she went off again after 2 minutes. Both of us were knackered this morning. I felt sorry for Jay having to go into work as he worked his b****cks off all weekend in the garden and such. My diet went out of the window as I've been eating pizza and chips and things but only put on 3/4 of a pound ;D. Back on track today.

Right, housework calls and a thorough search of everywhere for Jessica's soft Winnie the Pooh teether book which I haven't seen since she went to her nana's on Wednesday. It's one of her favorites (well, mine actually as I count with her and she chews the teether bit a lot).

Bye for now - hope the rest of you are okay - still no Amanda???

Love Angexxxxx

·
Registered
489 Posts
Hi

Lou, glad Cara is on the mend..it must have been so scarey for you both.

Jac..what a scare for you too with Jaqson. Hope the medication helps with his chest infection.

Ben is over his sickness now, but seems to be catching my cold...hope it doesnt get him to poorly again. Can't believe he is 9 months old today...time has just flown past.
Better go as i can hear him stirring.

Karen & Benjamin

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Hi, just a quickie from me this morning too. Off out in a minute.

HV has been and we had a good chat, and we both agreed that I'm doing really well now re the PND, and things are looking good. I feel lots better too.

Ben's doing great too, and she was really pleased with his development. He was giggling away to her, and having a good old chatter too ;D

The past 4 nights he's been quite unsettled sleeping, and has needed a feed around 5.00 am (6.00 am today ::) ). I didn't go to bed last night until 3.00 am, and then was up with Jack at 4.30 as he needed the toilet, and then up again to feed Ben at 6.00, and finally got up with Jack to get him sorted for nursery at 7.30. The three nights running up to last night weren't much better mind. So I have stingy eyes today and am looking forward to an earlier night tonight :) Aaaaanyway, the point of this is to say that the reason Ben's been so restless is obviously because he was cutting his second tooth (he was the same for 4 nights in the run up to cutting his first tooth). It wasn't there last night before bed as dh and I were feeling his gums to see as we suspected the disturbed nights were down to this, but it was very much through this morning. So, he's now got 2 bottom teeth. So cute ;D Going to get him some decent teething rings today when out and about.

Ange - Lots of the things I sell don't sell until the final few minutes of the auction, so you never know. It's not over until it's over :D

Love

Jayne x

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Have just received an email from the fella who sent me the duff CD on Ebay. Apparently my other mails got lost in his spam filter or something :-\ Hmmmm, I do wonder though whether it was that, or the really stroppy email I sent him yesterday ??? Either way though, he sent me a really nice email, apologising and said he'd put a replacement CD in the post tomorrow morning. No quibbles at all. He's just going to replace it at his cost alone. So, whilst I'll still reserve judgement for now until I actually receive a working copy of the CD, it looks like he will come up good after all. His other feedback is good, so hopefully it'll all be okay.

Mel - I know you were looking at these for buying for Jessica, so thought you may be interested in this if it all works out okay.

Love

Jayne x

·
Registered
263 Posts
Sorry to hear about the poorly babies - Lou I can understand how worried you must be about Cara after all you've been through. I'm sure your trip to Florida will do you the world of good. Poor little Jaqson too - I hope the medicine sorts him out now.

Well I think Hannah has finally recovered but both dh and I managed to go down with the stomach bug as well, luckily not quite at the same time, so the early part of the weekend was not easy but we got through it, spending quite a lot of time curled up on the sofa watching TV and videos. We all seem to have got a slight cold too so if it's not one thing it's another. Hopefully now we'll be back to our normal routine once again.

I was thrilled yesterday as she is sort of starting to talk now with dada and mama and tig (the cat's name) but when my mum and dad left she waved at them and said 'bye bye'! It was so cute!!

Jayne - if I don't manage to post again this week hope you have a good holiday and that the weather brightens up a bit.

Jules - that sounded a very special day yesterday. At least you'll feel there's somewhere you can go and chat to your dad.

Sorry to hear about the parent and in-law problems. Makes me realise how lucky I am with mine even though they get on my nerves at times!!

Hi to everyone else especially all the new mums - I do love to hear the stories about the tiny ones. Don't feel you've got to keep up with the rest of us, just post about how you're getting on

Love Celia & Hannah

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Dear Lou2 - just seen your post about your poor little angle, I hope she is a bit better today, I saw was a little brighter last night, hope its even better today :) Hugs to you x x x

Dear Jac - Poor Jawson, huge hugs to you aswell for get well vibes :( Great to have you back here, hope London was not too bad ?? x x x

Dear Jules, Beautifull tribute to your Dad :) just lovely. I have to say I cant believe its a year already as I remember your posting so vividly. Huge hugs to you too x x x

Dear Auntie Dee - Good to see you over here, posted to you on your wonderfull thread but it seems to fill up so quick over on the Rainbow 1st trimester, its very hard to keep up ! Great to see you are an ickle bit sick but very well apart from that ;D Still thinking of you loads and my question of today is " are your clothes getting tight yet" ?? :) x x x

Dear Sue - Saw your good news about the baby club getting up & running, so good luck with that ! Hope your all ok, booked your flights yet ?? ;D x x x

Dear Deborah - Seems to be loads of colds about again, get well to you both very soon x x x

Dear Jayne - Have a fantastic holiday, bet by the time you go the bad weather will be on its way out with sun sun sun coming in ! ;D x x x

Dear Angie - you made me laugh ;D about knicker checking, I refuse to get back into that, I even forget when my AF is due as I no longer count the days like I used to...... its a great feeling of freedom in that respect ;D x x x

Well, we are all great. Had a brilliant weekend in the South West, thought of you Sue as we passed Bristol Zoo on the M5 ! Weather on saturday was fantastic and we spent a couple of hours on Burnham beach with my relatives and their two young boys. Absolutly worn out now, cant believe how much washing can generate over a two day period, I have 6 piles to go into the machine ! Trying to take it easy this week after the last two hectic ones, although saying that we are out weds morn, thurs afternoon but friday is free ! at the moment ;D

One funny thing in Somerset where we stayed, Ian & I had the "honeymooner's" in the room next to ours....... everynight 2.30am and 7am in the morning ! lmao.....made more noise then Millie ;D !! ^roflmao^ ^hump^

Millie seems to have grown over the last week and seems a lot bigger, she is into the eating of solids in a big way, still having the right amount of milk but taking at least two jars of Organix a day and yogurt's too, I am really pleased as she seems to be catching up on her weight at last, or a least she feels like she is!

In the last week she has started shouting very loud and it quite funny as she also will copy sounds I make if I catch her at the right moment. She really screems sometimes when she laughs and its very funny. Also cant believe that they are fast approaching the 6mths mark. I remember when Jac said that about Jaqson and I thought WOW, Jaqson is 6 mths old !...... and now its our babies who are nearly 6mths, amazing.

Anyway, time to put another load into the machine, just had my lunch !! where does that day go ???

Speak later
Loads of love
Amanda xxxxx

Ps.... missing Ian :( cos he is back at work and the weekend was so good ;D

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Hello!

Lou- How is Cara today?? Bless her! Awful to hear that she is so poorly.

Amanda - Lovely to hear from you, glad you had a nice break. LMAO about the 'honeymooners' next door!!!! ;D I know what you mean about the babies at 6 months now, where does the time go?? Just think, in another 6 months time we will all be discussing how we are going to celebrate their 1st birthdays!!!! :eek:

Hi to all other mum's!! In a hurry today, don't want Neale to catch me on here, he'll think I've done nothing all day!!!!! ;D

Just a quick question - I remember a while ago someone buying a Camcorder off ebay???!!!! Well, I am looking at getting one, but it's a mindfield - haven't a clue which one to go for???!!! Any ideas please!! :-*

Isn't the weather bl***y awful today!!!!!! :( I reckon it's because I brought a gazebo for Katelyn the other day!!! ;D

Love Jules xxxxxx

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
Evening girls

Just a quick one as Jessica is a bit grumpy due to having her last set of jabs today - hooray to that, i had to have my smear also so we were both feeling a bit off, funny isnt it ive had a baby but still hate going for a smear :-\

We had a lovely weekend, we went to Dover castle on Sunday, our first family day although the sea air must have got to Jess as she slept for most of the day.

She is being a little angel of late and sleeping all night well two nights on the trot now - some nights she wakes several times.

Right sorry for the quick post - good night all ^cuddleup^

Mel

x x

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.