Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for a bit of advice on mumps.

I work in a school and we have had an outbreak of mumps.  I'm on my 1st IVF, started d/r yesterday and I rang the clinic to ask if the mumps would be a problem and they have advised my to get my immune level checked.  So I rang my doc's surgery & spoke to one of the GP's who made a note on my record, so I can go straight ahead and have the blood test without GP referral.  However, she asked me if I was staying away from work until I'd had my immunity level checked and then possibly a booster.  I said no cos the clinic have told me that I shouldnt have a booster within 3 months of getting preg and would continue with the tx.  She said I would just have to postpone my tx for 3 months and would have to have the booster, cos what would be the point in getting pregnant and being at risk with the mumps thing.  I can see her point but at the same time, it was so matter of fact "just postpone your treatment"...................just like that.  This is something I've waited 2 and a half years for.

So confused, dont know what to do. :-\ :-\ :-\

Do I stay away from work until I'm checked out?

Any advice would be most appreciated

thanx

Sheelz

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
I can't see the point of staying away. As you say, if your levels need a boost then your treatment is supended for 3 months. If the levels are OK, then you aren't likley to get it and you may need the time off later!!

Ruth

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.