Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
since being about 4months to about 9 months, thomas was brilliant at his day time naps, half an hr in the monring, and two hors plus at lunch.  I think its to do with a massive developmental leap - learning to crawl, trying to walk etc, and also because I  now have to make sure he sleeps in his cot, rather than on our bed he is only having 25-30 mins at a time, and is also waking up at between 4.30 and 5.00 and just will not go back to sleep.  We have done controlled crying and got him to sleep through until this time, but he is teething at the mo ands is also really suffering with separation anxiety as i have just gone back to work 2 days so lots going on so am reluctant to do controlled crying at the moment.  He is a monkey though despite being exhausted as soon as I lie him down to try and get him back to sleep he stands up again, if I kiss him and leave him he gets hysetrical,He really clings to me when i pick him up to comfort him as though terrified but If I stay with him he wants to play and not sleep. (his sleeping habits changed before my return to work, this has just made it worse)

If I take him in his pram he still only has half and hour.

He is exhausted, and I really dont know what else to do to try and get him to sleep longer.  Anyone else got any ideas? is it just another phase?  He really needs more sleep as he is so cranky, last few weeks we have tantrums all the time , he just seems so tired and crabby, poor thing.

thanks loux

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
When J went through a similar phase either dh or I would lie on the floor in his room until he went to sleep, getting closer and closer to the door each night. We didn't make any eye contact, no talking, no playing, nothing, we just led there and pretended to be asleep (was great to have a lie down ;D). After a few nights he went back to normal so not really sure what brought it on with him.

Also, do you give Thomas teething powders, gel and/or paracetamol before bed to rule out pain?

Chux xx

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hiya chux
thanks for your reply.  I have been giving thomas paracetomol if he seems to have been struggling with his teeth, and bonjela too.  Lets hope thomas gets back to normal soon - will try lying down as you did, reassurance without the slightest hint that  I am up for a game!

thanks
loux

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
The key thing is to not give him any attention whatsoever, no matter what he does. Eventually he should get the message and lie down and go to sleep. ^fingerscrossed^ ^fingerscrossed^

Good luck!

Chux xx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts