Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 40 in Nov this year and my husband (just married!) has mobility problems so we have been advised to try ICIS treatment to help us have a baby. I am on day 11 of my Menopure and Buserelin and only have 2 possibly 4 folicals that will be suitable for egg collection. We have decided to proceed and so EC is proposed for 3 days time. If we are unsuccessful (I'm realistic that our chances aren't great) should we try agian immediatley or give my body a rest for a couple of months. I am conscious time is of the essence for me!
THANKS Mairi

·
Registered
371 Posts
Mairi

I am not a nurse but my advise is to try to stay positive for this cycle. I only got 4 eggs, 3 fertilised, we have one in the freezer and I am pregnant with twins and I am nearly 38. There are quite a few girls on here who got pg with just 1 egg...so positive positive positive and then worry about the next cycle.

^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks - be positive is what my fella keeps saying - just finding this website with so many couples with the same issues is great. Just read a load of messages about similar situations to us and they have resulted in twins!

I'll keep logging on, keep positive and keep you posted!

M x :)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hi Mairi,

Do try and stay positive (but realistic) and just take each day as it comes.

I have just turned 38 this month. I had my first ICSI this year and didn't have a lot of follicles that were big enough either. From them they only got 5 eggs, 4 of which fertilized and I am now 13 weeks pregnant. So try not to let age etc concern you too much. As you will no doubt have read many times on this board, it only takes one!!

Wishing you all the luck in the world.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hi Mairi,

:)  Just wanted to wish you luck from someone who is 39 in 7 weeks time  :)

I think that these days you are classed as an old mum if you are over 30 !!!

With regard to the waiting before any future treatments I would go with what your clinic says - not sure if you have to wait until the drugs are out of your system.  Anyway, I hope you wont get to that situation  :)

Good Luck for EC  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
Maddie.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its now Fri and I kept positive and I've got one wee fertile egg!! Yahoo! I get the transfer tomorrow and then keep my legs crossed! 

Thanks for all the good wishes.

M x

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Dear M
good luck for tommorow
i am 42 so old !!!!
and had 3 failed IVF have transfered to another clinic who prompted IUI instead of IVF for me as poor responder best IVF  5 eggs last time only 2 with 12 days of stimulation with 450
However on this iui i had clomid 5 days and menopur 225 6 days and 150 for 2 days and i have produced too many follicles day 8 (6 follicles) (shock shock)and day 10  yesterday 12 panic panic at clinic cant have IUi earlier advise so converted to IVF
Please note i think the difference for me was i was not down regulated and perhaps we do not always need big doses to respond ?
I hope this shows things can change for the better even at my age !!
Which clinic are you at ?
I am having EC Sat tomorrow risk i wll have ovualted naturally so having pre scan to check i am having donor sperm as single so i have chosen 6ft 6 guy so big and strong to help my eggs i hope i have some

^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ for tommorow for both of us

Dianne x

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Dianne - I'm at CARE Manchester. This is my first try and we're doing ICSI so not sure i can help you much but keep positive. 6ft6 guy sounds intresting!!

Good Luck tomorrow.

M x

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.