Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i had my endocrinologist appt this morning and i must say it went quite well.... makes a change...

firstly im only allowed 6months of clomid because how severe my pcos is and im currently on my 5th cycle now... so 1 more after this one and she has told me that i can either take it after this one or wait until ive lost some weight. which ive decided its best to and ive set myself a target that i cant take it until i get to that weight.. she has noted it down aswell so when i go back in 6 months if im not at that weight then she wont prescribe that last lot... i know this will prompt me to do it...

she doesnt actually think clomid will work for me as my results are well to be honest they are [email protected]
and im not responding as they would like... my full results are
[dont forget over 30 indicates ovulation]
1st= 1nmol
2nd= 7.7 nmol
3rd= 24.7 nmol [she classed this as ovulation because it would be without drugs]
4th = 2.8nmol

so as you can see ive only really responded to 1 lot out of 4..

but......

she has said she going to refer us for ivf ... she said she can do it now but its highly likely that they will send referall back saying they wont do anything because of my bmi. so she made a deal with me .. if i can get my bmi to 38 then she will refer me with a letter saying that ive lost this amount of weight and she thinks its acceptable for me.... she see's me getting my bmi under 30 impossible so the closer i can get the better....

ive got to go back in 6 months so Mission weight loss needs to start asap.....
its given me something to focus on now so best get my ass moving....

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
Rachel hunny- you sound quite postive from the appointment,  and I'm glad they will refer you saying how much weight you have lost.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Rachel,

I admire your strength and focus and i know that you will more than reach your goal! Continue being strong and thank you for the strength you are giving me!

I'll pray that they will accept the cycle based on the weight loss and that ur doctor will continue to be supportive!

Cat

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
Rachel ~ You can do it girl  ^reiki^  ^reiki^ you have something to focus on now, not that you didnt before but sometimes things take a new perspective, and it makes you feel a whole lot more postive  :)

Come and join us on the summer challenge on belly buddies

Nikki xx

·
Premium Member
29,892 Posts
Hiya Rachel

Your appt seems quite positive.

Sorry to read that your pcos is so severe honey

However, i feel that your a strong determined person, you sound so much like me about 2 yrs ago, i kept the fighting and determination going and you will have so much support here we will keep you going honey

I never thought i would lose the weight but i did and you will too sweetie

Here for you if you need me honey
Em

·
Registered
343 Posts
hiya
just thought i'd send some hugs as I know how knowing clomid has failed you feels but lets hope Ivf does the trick hun :)
-Gayle

·
Premium Member
14,698 Posts
Rachel that sounds like a plan :)

I wish my cons would treat me with a BMI of 38 ! No chance ;D

lots and lots of ^reiki^ for the weight loss! Get doing that GI diet hun :)

xx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts