Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you know i was in and out of hospital with bleeding from 29 weeks.  On xmas eve i bled again at 9 pm and was in labour ward that night and all day xmas day.  I was getting contractions on and off, then on Boxing Day they took me onto a ward.  I was fine all day, then i got up to go to the toilet abt 8 pm and i had fresh blood again.  I was taken upto Labour ward and asked if i was getting pains, at that time i wasnt, but once they put me on the monitors i was, and they were very painful. 

By the time Steve got back to the hospital, i was having painkillers and the registrar said he would book me in for a c-section on the monday, but within 15 mins my waters had broke and they had to do an emergency c-section.

When i was being wheeled down to threatre my midwife was saying to me 'come on smile' this is the best day of your lives, but i had such a worried look on my face apparently.  By the time steve had changed into his gowns, i had the epidural and within 6 mins at 11 pm Louise Emily was born weighing 5 11 and a minute after James William weighing 4 07.  I lost 2 litres of blood but luckily i didnt have to have a transfusion.  After a lot of tugging and pulling about, the twins were placed in steves arms and he said 'arnt they heavy' i said i know ive been carrying them!!

I was then put in the recovery room and they placed each of them at my breasts, but Louise went still and they whisked her off and bought her back in an incubator and placed James alongside, as they kept losing temperature.  Those few mins were the scariest of mine and steves lives, we kept saying wheres she gone (im crying now  :'()

I was kept in hospital until Wednesday and we all arrived home around 5.15 pm - the Jewiss family home safe and sound - at last  :)

Thanks for all your kind words and congratulations

Susan, Steve, Louise and James xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
tweety pie

so pleased everything turned out right in the end

Love Mini xx

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Lovely story Susan.  So glad all is well - what a traumatic time you've had of it!  Well worth it though huh  :) 

Congrats again to you all

Love

Jayne x

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
Great birth story. Almost a Christmas delivery then.  Just think in the years to come you will have to celebrate Christmas on one day and their birthday on the next. Cool! Your babies are beautiful by the way!!

Flakey x

·
Registered
37 Posts
Congratulations on the birth of your angels Kathryn and Steve!

You must have been so worried at the time but everything has turned out well in the end  ;D ;D

Take care and thinking of you all
Kate xxx

·
Registered
191 Posts
Congratulations Kathryn. It's scary being whisked off for an emergency c-section isn't it? I cried too. Gorgeous babies!!

Love,
Shelly

·
Registered
29 Posts
Susan

I am so glad you are all home safe and sound!! Your twins are beautiful!!

Take care and keep in touch!!

Tracy xx

·
Registered
89 Posts
Congratulations Susan,

I love to read other peoples success stories! It gives me hope!!

^fairydust^

·
Registered
112 Posts
Susan & Steve

Thanks for sharing your story, congratulations to you both on the safe arrival of Louise & James. The picture of them is beautiful, you must be so proud.

Happy parenting
Dellxx

·
Registered
13 Posts
Congratulations Tweety Pie

Thanks for sharing your story and welcome to the world Louise & James  :)

Michelle

·
Premium Member
29,892 Posts
hi

Susan thanks for sharing ur birth story with us

I had tears in my eyes reading!!

Congratulation susan and steve

welcome home Louise and James

Lovely

Emilyxx

1 - 11 of 11 Posts