Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all that read this,

I am totally new to this site but it's been so great to read everyone's stories & experiences and has filled me with hope!

I am 28, and my partner & I have been ttc for 15 months.  I, from quite a young age suffered with heavy/painful periods and over last few years have had a number of laparoscopies.  I was diagnosed with PID about 7 years ago and PCO 5 years ago - every time I ever asked the question “Will I be able to conceive?” I always got the same answer you won't know until you try!  So after a year of trying we went back to our GP and she referred us to the fertility clinic in Dorchester. 
We had our first appointment last month which went well and we came away feeling well informed and that we were moving forward.  We have to have some investigations before our next appointment on the 26th April.  I am booked in for a hysterosalpingogram next week & partner is having his second semen analysis done on Monday.  We have been advised that if my hystero results come back and aren't satisfactory (my tubes are damaged) then I will need my tube(s) removed before IVF; and that we are (at time of writing!) eligible for IVF under the Somerset PCT criteria (which is currently 2 cycles) – If my tubes look OK then we will try 6 months on clomid.

It is all rather daunting, and I feel scared & excited all at the same time!

Thanks for taking the time to read - and I wish you all lots of baby luck!!

Carmen xx

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi Carmen,

Like you since 12 years old I have suffered terrible periods.  Headaches, cloats, anaemia etcs.  I also went through a laparoscopy and hysteralsalpingogram....they didnt find anything other than cysts and after  years of hospital checks etc they said you need a holiday.  Ironically we did move to spain and literally 4 weeks after was rushed to hospital with cronic pain only to find out I was pregnant.  (pain was a cyst grew 8cm but did shrink) But up until then (30 years) had never had any pregnancy with years of trying.  Now 7 years later was told that I need ICSI...so this is where I am at the moment.  I had the hysteralsalpingram too.....I dont recall it being painful...jsut a little uncomfortable.

Good luck and hope you find it as comforting as I have since I joined last week talking to all these women going through the same thing. 

Missrri

·
Premium Member
12,192 Posts
to FF, Carmen!!! This is a great website for support, information, laughter and friendship, it has kept me (relatively!) sane though all my treatment. Have a good look round the site, post in whatever section you want and make yourself at home. There are so many sections here with a huge amount of information, so whatever you are going through there will be someone here to help you.

I don't know anything about PID, but you could search the forum for info (the search function is at the top of the page).

Here are a couple of links that I think might help you.

PCOS ~ CLICK HERE

Tubal Factors ~ CLICK HERE

Clomid ~ CLICK HERE

IVF General chat ~ CLICK HERE

South West ~ CLICK HERE

Obviously when you have had all your investigations we can give you more links to other parts of FF that are relevant.

The What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations) thread will give you some info on how to navigate the site ~ CLICK HERE

We also have a newbie night in the chat room every Wednesday where you can meet other new members and a few more experienced (I won't use the term "old"!) members will be there to answer any questions you have about the site. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

Please feel free to ask more questions here, or on any other part of the site, there will be wonderful helpful people there to give you lots of support, information and cyber hugs if you need it.

Good luck! ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Sue ^hugme^

1 - 3 of 3 Posts