Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been writing and rewriting this, not easy is it. :p

Well. I had just sent the children off to school as they start at 8.10. I was feeling very tired as you know when you are into your last month sleep is so difficult. I woke up at 9.00am with a start I felt a ping in my belly :eek: . It was like an elastic band snapping, then a warm gush.

I went to move and the water just kept coming and coming. I was so excited thinking I am going to have my baby in less than 4 hours as it was so quick with ds and dd. Every move leaked more water.

I phoned dh to come home from work, then phoned a friend to come over as I was worried about ds and dd coming home from school to find me not there. I called the school too to explain. I just sat around waiting until it was around 12 noon. By then the contractions were strong.

The contractions were coming really fast, I waited until they were around 5 mins apart then phoned the ward at 1.30. As my waters had gone I was told to go in to be assessed. When I arrived they did an internal and said I was 2 cm dilated so I had not changed from when the mw had checked me a few days previous, I found that odd ??? , the pains were really strong so I thought that I was dilating really quick, I was sent home.

The contractions then became infrequent. I waited around again this time until they were 3 minutes apart although some were irregular. The pain was very strong now I laboured naturally with both my other children and this was the most painful :( . I went back to the unit at 4.30.

The labour ward did another internal, I still had not dilated any further from 2cm. I was getting upset. I was told to go for a walk in town and come back in a hour. Can you imagine, we went to the local supermarket, there is me clinging to the food shelves panting every so many minutes and still leaking water. I kept asking dh if there was a wet patch. People were staring, I must have looked like a right odd ball ;D .

We waited around until 6pm before returning and again still had not progressed. I was told that because my waters had broken at 9 that morning I had a choice of staying in hospital and being induced the next day or going home and coming back in for the inducement. I chose to go home. They gave me a sleeping tablet to take and some pain killers ,

Around 9 pm I was in a lot of pain and got up and took the sleeping tablet and pain killer :'( . When I got back into bed I looked down and noticed blood everywhere, I thought I had only been just leaking water, I got a bit frightened, so back to the unit we went. This time I was taken straight to the labour suite. It was now 10.15pm, I was examined again and told I was 4 cm dilated so still slow progress, I was asked if I wanted to get in the water bath, which was an automatic yes from me :) . I was only in there for 30 minutes when I could feel heavy sensations so I was asked to get out and get on the bed (my dd no 1 was born with shoulder distocia sp) incase I had problems again. When my mw checked me she found I was 7 cm dilated. It was strange because my contractions were again very irregular, Dh was enjoying himself immensely as they were bringing coffee and asking all the time if he needed anything else. I wondered who the patient was.

At 12.45am I told her I needed to push, so gradually I pushed out my baby's head, my contractions then disappeared, the mw kept talking to us and said when I felt anything to push again, I was given a mirror so I could see, it was funny being stuck in that position with only the head out, it was not for at least 5 minutes before I felt the urge again. One push and my beautiful little Fraja Ellie was born at 01.23 on a wonderful Tuesday morning. She is so gorgeous and I am so lucky

mitch
xxx

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
You made me chuckle with having to walk around the supermarket I bet people thought you might give birth there and then!

Congratulations!!!! You sound so in love  ;D

R x

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.