Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have been recommended this website by a friend at work who's partner used it and after trying for a baby on IVF without success, ended up going to Check Republic and after a few goes they are now proud mommy & daddy to a baby girl..  This website is all new to me and slightly confusing but here's my story and after some kind of guidance... I was 24 when started IVF, I tried to cholmid a few times which didn't work and then advised to take a break??? The doctor wasn't very nice and she said it was unexplained fertility.  At 28 returned and had more chlomid and injections which produced no follicles at all, It was then after a blood test I was told that I was going thru premature menopause and there was nothing more they could do for me and signed me off? I rang back when I was 29 and told I was on a waiting list and this particular hospital would do no more for me and I was referred. I didn't really understand anything of IVF and the path of time which laid ahead. At 30 I got my lucky break after being on the waiting list through our NHS and had egg donor.. More luckier for me it worked first time but then I had a miscarriage at 9 weeks!  We was devastated.  Any future treatment would have to be paid for. At 38, managed to get the money together as only one free go with our lovely helpful NHS and I went through the process again and more hormone injections than I remember before, endless days of the tablets whilst I waited for the donors eggs to be ready for the treatment.  Her eggs were finally ready and my husband did his sample and then we waited for the incubation period.  The bad news was delivered and that my eggs from her had died!!  If I hadn't argued the case, I would have lost nearly £4000 and so here I am.... 39.. I only want one baby..  I am now looking at going abroad to do it but have no idea on how or where or what to do. I feel the success rate must be alot higher as you get ALL the eggs there unlike here due to egg sharing, you get the lower quality...  I don't quite understand the early menopause as I still had periods but lately the hot flushes, mood swings and weight gain are reminding me that although in my head I still feel young, my body is actually alot older!!!  My periods are all over the place but I am now 5 weeks late.  I was thinking maybe the miracle had happened but a pregnancy test said no... So as I am 40 next year, get some money together and have another go... if know how??  I do get bitter as a lot of close friends have struggled to conceive and I tell them not to hang around and get referred to try the chlomid and for them now, all have babies except me who has been trying since 24!
I am after advise on how to get the ball rolling to go abroad, how do you get the drugs in this country and the needles etc, how do you arrange all the scans to test the lining of the womb before the implant takes place as my previous go took ages for the lining to be the right thickness and I am also scared to death of flying and am prescribed diezepham so would this still be OK to do or not?  Its a mine field.. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
6,986 Posts
Welcome to FF ^hugme^

What a journey ^hugme^ I'm glad you have shared your story though, you'll get so much support and advice. I'll leave you some useful links shortly ^hugme^
Please have a good look around the site and feel free to post in any area, and make yourself at home. There are many who are on their TTC journey, and others who have been fortunate to have little ones with assistance. You will soon discover that our members are very encouraging of one another and offering advice or just simple hugs. There's a vast amount of information here for everyone, so start reading, posting and getting to know others. You will make some great friends too, lots of members often have meet ups locally too, for chats, coffee, shopping or even nights out! You can share conversations with one another freely, simply because we all understand each other. It's hard when family and friends don't fully comprehend what this journey entails and the emotions that go with it. That's where we come in!

Here are some links which you should find really useful at the moment……

What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations) ~ CLICK HERE

Complimentary, Holistic and Spiritual Approaches ~ CLICK HERE

POF / Early Menopause ~ CLICK HERE

IVF General ~ CLICK HERE

Donor sperm/eggs ~ CLICK HERE

While undergoing treatment, you might find it useful to join other ladies having treatment at the same time. The Cycle Buddies threads are just for that. Just pop along to the appropriate month and say "Hi" when you are ready to start treatment.

Cycle buddies ~ CLICK HERE

Treatment Outside The UK ~ CLICK HERE

You can also "meet" and chat with people in your local area through the Location boards.
Have a look at the 'International locations' boards too... http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=261.0 Spain and the Czech Republic are popular choices for treatment outside the UK.

Wishing you lots of luck ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ and ^fairydust^
Keep in touch
Ceri xx

PS I have also sent you a pm (private message)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts