Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,
I haven’t logged on to this group for years. I used to be on all day every day.
I hope this is the right place to post this but Im sat having a moment remembering the pain of TTC. Such a lonely pain that very few people understand.
I wanted to tell what happened to me in the hope that it might help someone going through a bad time and thinking there is no hope. I was there and I know how hard that is.
I was one of the people that tried everything. DE was difficult to accept, then DD…. Travelling to the “miracle” clinics abroad that seemed to work for everyone else. I spent more than 10 years of my life doing IVF. We did 10 cycles. I would have kept trying forever I think but the money ran out and that was why I had to stop. That was hard to accept and I’ll never ever forget the pain.
However, life carried on and then something amazing happened. We adopted a beautiful little 3 year old girl. It couldn’t have been any more perfect. It was like she was meant for us and we just had to wait all those years for her but didn’t realise it. During my early ttc years it wouldn’t have been in my plans but I honestly couldn’t love her any more than I could my own biological child. I got my happy ending in the end and even now, after 2 years with her, I sometimes have to pinch myself.
I’m not sure why I am writing all this here but I hope it helps someone somewhere and maybe your journey is taking a little longer for a reason. Maybe that reason hasn’t been born yet. Follow your gut and if you really want it, don't give up because maybe it isn’t the end….

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Oh my goodness luisa, I remember you from the old days on here and what a terrible time u had.

Thats made my day to read this.
Enjoy every moment 💕💕 xx

• Love
Reactions: Luisa8
1 - 5 of 5 Posts