Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So many questions !!

I currently have acrylic nails, i need to get them taken off as i am concearned they are not good and the fumes in the nail bar will hurt babies..... also a chemist told me i cant use acetone nail polish remover ( this normally removes acrylic ) what should i do ? they are practically hanging off now !!

Bell xx

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Hiya Bell,

The only thing that will take of the nails is pure acetone (chemist is right nail polish remover wont work), you should be able to get this from a chemist, or from a Beauty wholesaler, not sure what you may have in your area, somethings like Sally's, or Salon Services.  Does the Nail Bar not cell any, as I know in the salon that I used to work we did sell nail remover.  Dont pull them off as this is gonna really damage your own nails.  I hope you come right.

If you do get some soak your fingers in the remover and dont  use a plastic container, a stainless steel bowl is best, you need to soak for at least 20min, once all off, give yourself a mini manicure, and put loads of cream on your hands, the acetone tends to try the hand out.  Keep your nails short as they get stronger, and if you can try and oil the nails everyday with a vit e  oil.

Congrats on your BFP too.

Lv
Bev

·
Registered
350 Posts
Hi Bell,

I qualified as a nail technician a few years ago... But as far as i have been trained the advice your pharmacist gave you correct... You need to avoid exposuer to Aceton.
So as a technician i would say that you have one more option left with regards to removing you artificial nail. You need to file them off as much as you can but avoid filing your own nail down, so use a soft file and file the top of the nail down (not the actual tip but the top of the nail). Wash your hands in a warm water to get the dust off regularly as that is not very good for you either (thats why a lot of salons insist on their staff wearing face masks).

Put a coat of good clear nail polish afterwords (in a very well ventilated area) and treat cuticles with good cuticle oil, you should be OK then.

I know its sounds horrendous but this is the only way for you to avoid using chemicals (or using as little of them as possible).

If you need more guidance please feel free to PM me any time.

Take care

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.