Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My twins Benedict and Paeony are 6 months old now and I am still to get the pair of them to allow me a nights uninterupted sleep!!! If its not one its the other if not both at the same time!

Two questions;
1 Paeony often wakes around 4-5am, I go in a change her nappy and she usually settles back to sleep. Should I ignore her for a couple of nights and to try and teach her that she should sleep through with a wet nappy on or is it pretty common practice to have to do this. Ben will also sometimes settle after a nappy change in the night. We have tried Pampers (currently using Tescos own disposables) but it hasn't made any difference. Their nappies are always very wet when I change them.

2 Ben has started waking in the night at strange times - midnight, 2:30am... wanting a feed!!?? Could this be due to teething??? He is taking the same volume of milk as always during the day plus he has started taking solids as well - I thought it night have helped him sleep better!

Any advice gratefully received - I'll try anything for just one nights decent sleep!!

Cheers
Vic xx

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
1. I don't think it's unusual for them to fill their nappies with wee overnight, but personally I choose not to change at night unless they are actually soaking through into their nightclothes.  If it's all contained in the nappy it stays warm and in my experience it shouldn't disturb them.  Only when it gets on to clothes and then the air cools it, then they tend to notice. 

2. By the way I didn't get Matthew to sleep through til 8 months old!  hate to say this but it's also not that uncommon to still be waking at 6 months old.  Although at the time you think everyone else seems to have cracked it, there are loads who haven't, so don't worry!
Matthew also went through a phase of waking more (than usual) at 4 months or so, at the time my more experienced DP said he needed weaning but i was determined to wait til 6 months.  This time I would wean earlier if we have the same problem!  However my HV said that it does take a while for solids to make any difference to sleep, so give it a while and perhaps Ben will get the benefit of solids soon.

He could be teething, it certainly put paid to any chance of sleeping through for us.......

Claire x

·
Registered
316 Posts
A friend of mine advised me to not change a nappy during the night unless absolutely necessary. I stuck to her advice and never changed Darcey's nappy in the night unless there was a poo.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Hi

I was the same as Ks123.  Never changed during the night unless they had pooped and then sometimes I managed a quick change without waking them!

I found with my two, from quite early on, that they really didn't poop much during the night and now never poop after they go to bed!

I now sometimes get dry nappies in the morning.  Next step for me potty training and dreadin it!!!! ;)

Love

Karen xxx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts