Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya,
Every single morning at about 7.30am (it's a real bloke thing ;D ) Josh has a mega-poo which escapes the side of his nappy.  I am always feeding the girls when he does it, and without early intervention it invariably descends down his trouser legs, onto his socks, shoes, the floor...  If I'm really unlucky, he starts playing with it  ^eyes^

We use Huggies at the moment, which I've always really rated, and he is in a size 5.  I can't imagine I should go bigger (he weighs about 26/28 lbs I think) but I can't go on like this.  Mornings are chaotic enough in our house, without the extra time spent scraping poo off clothes, books and toys  :-\  I don't know if it's the size of the nappy that's wrong, or the fit, or what, but the poo always always escapes out of the side.

Any advice? 

xx Clare

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Clare i'll post you a couple of Pampers size 5's tomorrow when i'm back at work, give them a go... I think it sounds like a fit problem to me rather than a size issue.

BTW definitely a 'boy' thing...  ;D

Bev x

·
Premium Member
3,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aw thanks Bev - I was just thinking I don't want to buy a whole pack if they're no good for him ;D 

We bought some Boots own brand size 1s for the girls as an experiment, and they were shocking!  Every single one has leaked, even after 2 or 3 hours.  I was impressed with Tesco's though; they seem identical to Pampers, just with a different picture!

xx Clare

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
I always loved Tescos  nappies when I was back in the UK, but use Huggies here, as I never liked Pampers.

Clare, could you maybe put 2 nappies on him when you change him in the morning, if you know he's going to poo at that time. It would only be for a short time and hopefully help to contain it. Or put him in a night time nappy first thing in the morning until he's pooed. can't think of any other soultions at the mo, but I've got my thinking cap on for you.

Love Jo xx

·
Premium Member
7,184 Posts
Clare, maybe Sugar is right - try a bigger sized nappy just to catch the mornings offerings (so to speak!) and then revert to size 5 for the rest of the day....  Or how about a pair of those plastic pants (from the seventies terry towelling era!) over the top just for an hour whilst you are feeding the little ones...  :)

Hope you find a solution soon  ^hugme^

Fluffs xxx

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Claire - Iestyns a size 5 too, we use Tescos, as I've found that he too leaks poo everywhere with other brands, cant rate them highly enough.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I know I'm in trouble if I run out of my Tesco ones,  ::) ::)  I've also tried the pull ups, (various brands), they were awful, kept riding up the cheek of his bum.  ;D ;D

Hayley

·
Premium Member
4,394 Posts
Claire,

Do think it might be a brand issue ... I had to change from Nature (which KL had been since birth) to Moltex when he was about 13/14 months old ... I think ... it all merges into one  ;D ;D ;D  Anyhow, I think if you try a few different brands you'll get a better fit.

By the way, I use Tesco for his night nappy and they are fab ... never any leaks etc ....

Bels x

·
Registered
878 Posts
Clare,

gosh what are these boys like.....Alfie has a mega poo around 7ish too. We've used Tesco nappies for ages, as found he leaked with pampers. I've never had any probs with Tesco ones. Cheaper too  ;D

Elaine x

·
Premium Member
3,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OMG I can't believe it never occurred to me to put two on at once ^idiot^  Jo, you're brilliant! ^bow^ 
I've never tried Tesco in his size, but I'll get some this afternoon and give it a whirl.  Are there separate 'night time' nappies then?  I just thought a nappy was a nappy...

Hayley, LOL at Iestyn's 'thong' nappy ;D ;D

xx Clare

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
never seen nighttime nappies but we use tesco own too isabel must be a small girl in 4- 4+  we just trying the nappy pants as Isabel hates nappy time, but from using them at work Iwouldn't reccomend them for explosive nappies

·
Premium Member
4,394 Posts
Sorry .. I have confused you ... I use eco nappies during the day, but non-eco at night, as the eco ones just don't last 12 hours on KL.  So his "nighttime" nappy are the Tesco Ultra Dry nappies  ;D

·
Premium Member
3,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LOL mrsj - it's definitely a bloke thing.  In fact I'm surprised Josh doesn't retire to the downstairs loo with a copy of 'in the night garden' magazine ;D ;D

Bels - ;D ;D ;D  I spent ages this afternoon scouring the shelves for 'Night Nappies' ^roflmao^

Well, I have bought a hundredweight of Tesco nappies for all the children today (so that should last till the end of the week ;D ) and tomorrow morning I'll try the double nappy approach ;)

xx Clare

·
Registered
424 Posts
You can't beat Motherease washable nappy covers for keeping poo in. Even when DD was little and did her once a week BF poo I rarely had a leak, that was with a modern washable with pants over. Have often used the pants or a washable over a disposable at night too and it does help a fair bit.

Sue

·
Premium Member
3,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sue, I think that's my next step - I'll see if I can pick one up from eBay.

The double nappy wasn't a roaring success this morning sadly :(  Mind you, I did have a chuckle at Josh's inventiveness (as I summoned the energy to scrape poo off the inside of his PJs for the umpteenth time).  He had his lego horse out and was trying to feed it bits of poo ^roflmao^

I'm sure I was once capable of so much more than this.... ;D ;D ;D

xx Clare

·
Premium Member
4,304 Posts
We cant bare huggies for exactly this reason!  ;D

·
Premium Member
6,624 Posts
I hated Huggies with Iestyn too - Pampers are definately the best, especially now they have the stretchy bits around the legs!  Don't go to the next size up though, if anything, I'd say downsizing would be a better option, as long as they fit around the waist and legs.

Have fun with your 100 weight of Tesco's nappies.... I think ElaineW always used to swear by Lidl's own brand as did others - must admit, I have never tried them.

Love,

Sue xxx

·
Registered
759 Posts
We have always used Tesco and Lidl's nappies and find them great - they are far cheaper than Pampers etc. even with the discount coupons, and they work well for us. Mind you, I've no experience with boys, we have a girl :)

Kasia

Sue MJ said:
I hated Huggies with Iestyn too - Pampers are definately the best, especially now they have the stretchy bits around the legs! Don't go to the next size up though, if anything, I'd say downsizing would be a better option, as long as they fit around the waist and legs.

Have fun with your 100 weight of Tesco's nappies.... I think ElaineW always used to swear by Lidl's own brand as did others - must admit, I have never tried them.

Love,

Sue xxx

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
I like Lidl ones too but have been told they changed them recently and aren't asd good haven't tried the new ones.

the pampers and huggies mony off coupons still work in tesco off their own nappies so makes them even cheaper

·
Registered
759 Posts
Hi Clare,

That's amazing - do Tesco really give you money off Tesco brand nappies with Pampers etc. coupons??? I would never have thought of that. I've thrown lots of coupons away too!

BTW, the new Lidl nappies are great - at least they work for us.

Kasia

?Clare? said:
I like Lidl ones too but have been told they changed them recently and aren't asd good haven't tried the new ones.

the pampers and huggies mony off coupons still work in tesco off their own nappies so makes them even cheaper

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.