Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question  :)

Where do you all keep your nappy pail / bucket? 

Was just sorting the nursery out for (hopefully!) the final time before baby comes and was wondering where to have the nappy bucket.  I guess I'll probably do a load of washing each day - so would it be ok to leave in baby's room or would this be too smelly / unhygenic and therefore be better to keep it in the utility room? 

When you change a nappy in the middle of the night - do you then have to go downstairs to put the nappy in the bucket?

Sorry for such a daft question!!!!!

Thanks in advance  :)

x

·
Registered
383 Posts
OUr pail is in will's room.  doesn't smell until you open lid!!!!! Even in the hot weather!

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
I keep it next to the changing station. It doesn't smell 'til you open it but then we do wash daily.
Lizi.x

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's brilliant - thanks for your replies  :)

x

·
Registered
416 Posts
we've put the changing table and nappy bucket in the bathroom to be close to water, loo, etc. We have low lighting (vanity lighting on the bathroom mirror) in there also which will help on nighttime changes. Bathroom is next to our room and baby room, so not far to go either for nighttime changes.

·
Premium Member
4,046 Posts
we've got one upstairs (in bedroom, doesnt smell)  and one downstairs (next to washing machine) (got both off freecycle in case you think i've more money than sense ;)) just cos i do some nappies eg morning and nighttime nappies upstairs and some downstairs..and cant be arsed lugging soggy nappies up/down. also when i come in from a day out with a bagful of dirty ones i can just tip them straight in downstairs bucket

kj x

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
I have a kitchen/breakfast room which is where we spend most of our days, and I change on the table or floor in there, the washing machine is in there and the bucket is outside the back door off the kitchen. 
My bucket has to be somewhere my toddler can't get near it - bathroom or bedroom would be asking for trouble!!!  ;D

Claire x

1 - 7 of 7 Posts