Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
^hello^

Just wondered how long my natural AF will take after BFN.
My AF arrived on 4th May at end of 2ww.
I am now on day 39 and wondered is this normal and how long have other people waited for their natural cycle to kick back in. I have been getting all the signs for 10 days or more now but no AF. Can't believe I am wanting it to arrive after years of praying it won't!!!!
I am usually a 28 day cycle girl.
Just want to get back to normal!!
Any feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks
Liz xxx

·
Registered
525 Posts
Hi Liz,

The whole process is horrible isnt it! I waited about 45 days for my AF after a BFN, and since then they have been getting back to normal - between 27 and 30 days - so still not completely regular, but nearly there.

I hope that yours settle down soon, it does take a while to get back to normal as your body has been through so much.  ^hugme^

Take care,
Love Katy x

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi Liz

After my BFN it is was 36 days before AF, I am now waiting for my second AF after BFN and on day 37 now and still no sign.  I was like you every 28 days.  I spoke to the clinic and they said this is why they like to leave 3 months between treatment so that it can settle back down.
Hope this helps
X

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
I'm also in the same boat! I'm a regular 28 day girl normally, and am now on day 42 post failure, and still no sign of the old ^witch^ I've had all the signs for the past week but there's nothing there ??? On the 2ww I got AF on only day 7 and now I want to get back to normal, she's a no show :p ::)
I rung my clinic and they told me to take another HPT, just to rule possible pregnancy out- and of course it was BFN ::) If it doesn't start soon I'd like to have a u/s done just to make sure theres no cysts there. My friend also had this problem and her clinic scanned her and gave her some medication to kick start her AF and she came on the next morning.
Hope it comes soon ^afro^
luv Nat xx  :)

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Sacha and Nat
Thanks for your replies.
Nat- Still no  ^witch^ for me either. I am on knicker checking (TMI ) every 1/2 hour. Have had symptoms for last 2 weeks. I did HPT on Thursday just to rule it out!

Interested to hear about cyst possibility - never even thought of this. Might give my clinic a ring tommorrow.

Take care
Liz xx

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry Katy didn't thank you for your reply on my last post!!  :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
My first cycle after coming off bcp in Feb was on 30 days so i thought it would be easy ttc but my 2nd cycle took 80 days to come.  I will have to see what happens to the next one. 

Evenso, i starting taking Agnus Castus a fortnight before af came and i do believe that kick started things.

Baby dust to all
Sheree

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Hiya,

I just wanted to bump this up a bit instead of starting a new thread.  I had a BFN in March.  I was due to test on 17th and my AF arrived on 16th.  I'm still waiting for AF despite having symptoms for over a week now.  Its driving me mad as it feels like its about to start any minute but has been like that for a week.  Is this normal and how long does it usually take.  I'm normally a 28 day girl!

Thanks,

Tracy

·
Registered
139 Posts
The first time I had a 36 day cycle - I mentioned it at our review and the consultant wasn't worried.

The second time, I started spotting about day 22 (continously) and I'm now on day 31 and I think it's just started to increase.

Glad to read this thread and find I'm not the only one with problems settling back down

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Thanks Milly. My AF has started today so thats put my mind at rest a bit. 

T xx

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.