Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry about the subject ladis but apart from increasing fruit and veg eating prunes and drinking orange juice does anyone have any solutions. Not quite 6 weeks yet tell me this gets better  ;D

whippet x

·
Registered
416 Posts
Whippet,

Congratulations on your BFP!

For me, constipation has just gotten worse throughout the pregnancy :( Especially after starting iron tablets around 28 weeks.

I tried lunalax (not sure if you get it in the uk, but there's sure to be something similar) which is natural plant fibres which you mix with water and it swells and fills the intestines and keeps things moving.

Loads of water (juice pushed up my blood sugars too much) and fruit tea too. Hot water with lemon is something I also started with and seems to help things along.

Good luck!

·
Registered
302 Posts
drinking lots of water really helps, also more fruit (melon especially good, and tastier than prunes) which is boring advice!  it's kind of warm for porridge, so a nice bran cereal for brekkie!

I havent had too much bother so far, but I've been craving fruit since we got pregnant, lol, all I want is a bathtub full of melons, strawbs and rasps!

·
Registered
468 Posts
Hi there

Congratulations of your BFP!  I hate to say it, but I think this constipation thingie just gets worse and worse.  I've tried lots of different things and do most of these each day - I have no idea what's working, but something is helping it all along!  I start the day with warm water with lemon.  Porridge oat soaked overnight in milk - then whizzed up with a banana, another fruit and 1 tbsp ground linseed.  A small (like a shot) glass of prune juice before every meal.  Lots of lemon and water through the day.  Some dried apricots.  My midwife suggested soaking linseed in a little fruit juice to make a gloopy thing - I've only tried this once and couldn't stomach it.  She also suggested not eating fruit or raw food after 4pm and going light on evening food to give my digestion a chance.  I'm also anemic and I'm taking something called floradix as this is easier on your digestion too.

Good luck with it all!

Love, Harris xx

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Hi!
My top ones are:
1. Porridge with bran and linseed
2. dried apricots
3. fybogel - which is a drink made from a plant (ispaghula) husk - safe in pregnancy
4. chicken spinach balti  ;D  :p
Hope its gets better, mine would still be bad I think without the above!
Love Nicks  :-*

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
I was taking Fybogel every day when I was pg with my ds.

Good luck.

Bev xx

·
Premium Member
6,212 Posts
Hi ya and congrats on your BFP!!

The one thing i found that gave me a good clear out was eating a mars bar!! I know it sounds weird but it really worked for me!
My constipation got worse through my pg and i was also put on iron tablets which made it even worse!!

Hope that helps  :)

x x x

1 - 7 of 7 Posts