Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi girls,

Had my negative cycle in Oct, had once cycle after that and felt like I def didn’t ovulate. This month I was using ovulation sticks which def showed the surge on day 12 and even my (.)(.) got a bit tender a day after but then they completely went down. I definitely had swollen boobs before my IVF in the second part of my cycle and now nothing 2cycles in a row.

I remember asking my clinic and all they say that boobs can mean something or nothing and basically that I shouldn’t pay much attention to it. But I feel like we do trust our bodies and listen to them.

Do you think it’s possible to have LH surge but do not ovulate?

I signed up for a study cycle with FET – they will randomly assign me to natural or medicated cycle. Just worried that if I’m not ovulating this will affect the outcome.

Anyone had anything to say?
P

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
I'm not sure about whether you can have a surge and not ovulate ( but I doubt it) but I do know it takes a while to get back to normal post IVF so you might just be feeling different because of that,

That said for natural FET to work you do have to ovulate normally and have normal hormone ranges, as it is the egg follicle that goes on to support the pregnancy,

I would ask your clinic how you can be sure things are back to normal, maybe use OPK's and then have a progesterone test 7 days later next month?

Good luck

Livity

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi Livity,

Thanks for your response.

I did exactly that, called my GP and asked for Prog test. I will find out next week if it is possible to have the LH surge and don't ovulate;)

P

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.