Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience of this????????????

I have found two clinics in London which do this - The Bridge Centre and Create Health.

Does anyone have any knowledge about either clinic or natural ivf????????

We are thinking this may suit us as we produce so few eggs during normal ivf that it seems pointless to take the drugs when we are only getting one egg anyway???

Any info would be great - thanks guys,

Anaxxx
(lots of baby dust to those starting cycles)

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Hi there Ana,
IVF is hard enough to go through in itself but I do know what you mean having experienced it myself. My first IVF we got one egg and that was after a pretty hellish time with side effects and the "rollercoaster " of getting to each hurdle only to find I got what I got every month!! ::)
I read that the first IVF born, Louise Brown was born this way as they did not use drugs for hyperstimulation of the ovaries like they do now...I believe with implantation etc that chances are the same it does not however give what they call value ...it is expensive on the side of lcollecting, processing, looking after and nurturing just one egg and embie in the lab- but hey I think it is worth it if you get the BFP.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for replying little nell.

I have had some details from Create Health who seem to do this alot - they suggest that you do 3/4 cycles and each one has a 10% chance of working.  We are thinking of doing these quite quickly - although we have only just had our BFN from our 6th ivf.

As no drugs are involved they say you can do one after another!! Great ??  So I am having a drink tonight while I still can!!!

Would love to hear from anyone who has been down this road.

Anaxx
(Baby dust to all)

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Wow Ana,
6 IVF's are pretty tough to get through, you are one strong lady.
Do you mind if I ask what protocols they had you on? I am currently waiting for IVF#2 after my BFN late last month and this is the first chance to go again- they have switched me to one without down regging to see if I respond better.
Big hugs

·
Premium Member
5,388 Posts
Hi Anna,

I am with Create's sister clinic St.Georges house and am with Geeta, I have found her to be really lovely and friendly..... she is a great believer in doing things as 'naturally' as possible, so If you want to go down this road, you couldnt have picked a better place  :)

Let me know if you want to know anymore

Love and hugs

Debs
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hello girls,

Hope you don't mind me jumping in.

I am also looking in to natural cycle ICSI and have an appt with Dr Nargund on Friday. Will keep you all posted with updates.......and looking forward to hearing yours too.

Lots of luck to you all!

Rgds
M

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A BIG THANK YOU GUYS - really lovely to hear from two buddies (can I call you that)?

Are you doing natural cycles?
Is their a difference between St Georges and Create? 
Has she given you an idea of success rates? 
Do you know why they go to the London Fertility Clinic for EC and ET?
Did you need your FSH levels checking first?

Sorry to ask so many questions but I am on a roll!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope your both well and feeling really positive,

Ana
xxx

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just a note for little nell,

I have been at Care, Nottingham for 5 years with George (4 ivf and 1 fet), before that George was at Nurture, Nottingham and we started with two cycles their. 

We ended up doing short protocols but to be honest nothing seems to make me create more eggs = loads of different drugs, steroids, asprin, clexane - you name it and I've had it!! 

Our only problem is blocked tubes - DH has amazing sperm apparently!!  When I had tube unblocked we conceived straight away twice but both were eptopic and right tube was taken away :'(

Sorry not a great story but it's not over till the fat lady sings and I'm not singing yet!!

Ana
xxx

·
Premium Member
5,388 Posts
Hi Anna,

I am having a stimulated cycle due to my age and high FSH and small number of follicles left in ovaries, Mrs Nargund told me this would be the most cost effective and fastest route for me  ::) She did say that she would be happy to do either IUI, let me continue trying naturally for a while longer or a natural cycle for me, but as I was concerned about money and the time frame (age) said lets go for the stimulated cycle.

I dont believe there is a difference between create and St.Georges, its just St.Georges is slightly easier for us to get to.... Yes you have to go to LFC for EC and ET. Not sure about your FSH levels I guess it depends on when you last had them done? I had mine done prior to going so thay I had everything ready for my 1st consult with her.. the success rates are those that LFC holds unfortunately because they are not licensed for EC or ET they do not publish success rates themselves, but I do recall her saying when pushed, their rates were pretty high up there.... whether this was with natural or stimulated I cant remember I am sorry  :-\

I hope I have helped somewhat.......... hopefully Memphis will have more for you after Friday  :)

And of course you can me a buddie  :) its nice to talk to people going to the same clinic!
Debs
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
630 Posts
Hi girls,

Hope you don't mind me joining in. This is something I am about to do also and was struggling to find anyone who has done it. Girls about to do it is almost better - as you get buddies!!

I recognise some of your names .... Hi Fidget, thanks for your IM and giving me the details of Create Health. Best of luck with your cycle in a couple of weeks.

Memphis - I think you are on the ARGC girls thread. I think we may have got our last BFN's on pretty much the same day - 19/09 for me? We must have been cycling at the same time.

I have an appointment with Mrs Nargund on the 6th. My history is I had a successful cycle on my very first IVF. I only produced 5 eggs, 3 fertilised and I had one very slow growing embryo transferred - I got a BFP, so I do feel very blessed. I have since had 3 BFN's. I have a theory that the large doses of drugs and numbers of eggs might be effecting my egg quality. Ana - my husband has also been told he has amazing sperm, so it comes down to my egg quality. I like the idea that you can do them one month after another too. It's the hanging around waiting that does my head in. I also think that I could do this 6 or 7 times for the price of one cycle at the ARGC - so it doesn't seem that bad value to me. The numbers certainly add up.

Looking forward to hearing everyone elses progress and I'll update you on the 6th.

Holly.

I have since

·
Premium Member
5,388 Posts
Hey Holly

Your welcome hun  :)

I think I may ask Mrs Nargund for a discount  ;D all you lovely girls I have sent her way  ;D

well I am just waiting for AF and then I start stabbing how lovley is that  :eek: But should be good...

Hope you are all well girls??
Debs
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi Holly - yes I'm afraid we did get our BFNs around the same time. I was following your thread. So sorry.

In my case I have never seen a BFP. We have male factor and therefore always need ICSI. My fear is that I might be told that natural cycle is not suitable for ICSI but here's hoping. I have met Geeta Nargund before as I had to see her for my NHS waitlist consultation. She is really lovely and is the only consultant so far to show real empathy for what we go through. She recommended that I go and see her privately but as I was already on the path to my second cycle at ARGC I blindly went ahead. Since then I am really disappointed with the care at ARGC, don't get me wrong as I know you can't fault the skill of Mr T (I know he's simply brilliant) but when you think of the amount of money you spend there the lack of support after a negative result is awful. My husband wrote them a letter last week requesting a quick follow up as I was in a state but there has been no response. I think they are just simply too busy to care now. It would be better for all concerned if they paced their intake.

Sorry for the rant!

Hope you are all well.

Brgds
M

·
Registered
630 Posts
Hi Memphis,

I hope you do get some positive way forward on Friday. It's reassuring to hear that Geeta Nargund is at least empathic, as you say the ARGC could do with some of that. I agree that customer service has been a little lacking lately. There are certainly some horrific stories on the ARGC thread. Apparently due to the huge amount of positive press coverage they have received of late as a result of the recently published success rates, they have been inundated with new patients. I have to say, Mr T is brilliant, but there is only so much one man can do.

I will be looking forward to the outcome of your appointment on Friday.

Debs - good luck with your cycle.

Ana - have you made a decision yet as to whether to give the Natural Cycle a go?

Holly

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi girls - hope you are all well.

Just a quick post to say that my appt with Dr Nargund has been postponed to Sunday so I'll be sure to update you then.

Take care and have a nice weekend!

M

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hello girls.

We had our consultation with Dr Nargund and I found it was really worthwhile. She took details of our fertility problems as well as the numerous ICSIs etc. Anyway she was great and to summarise, she felt I had been pumped up with too many drugs and had had far too much stimulation.

She also went back to the beginning of our probs and DH has an appt with her husband who is a Urologist/Andrologist. She felt we had been steered into treatment without really getting to the route of DHs problem. With me she wants to do an inhibin B and a scan to see if my ovaries actually have enough eggs etc. (this was all abit complex but I'm all for getting some answers). She said that she would def consider me for a natural cycle but that we must get all my bloods/scans sorted first. She has a belief that high doses of stims produce weak eggs (and can even damage the rest of the eggs in the ovaries - yikes!). This makes perfect sense to me and as she said - the naturally selected follicle is probably ultimately the best one.

It was so nice to finally have someone treating us as a couple and not as a number. Having spoken to her, it hit me how much of a production line I have been on at the ARGC and it's a relief to speak to a consultant who isn't rushing around like a headless chicken.

Holly - good luck for tomorrow - looking forward to your update - and, of course, updates from the rest of you lovely girls.

best wishes
M

·
Premium Member
5,388 Posts
Ohh Memphis,

so pleased it went well for you, I cant advocate Mrs Nargund enough, she is an amazing lady, her staff are all fantastic too and its such a relief to be seen as a person and not a number!! thats why we chose that clinic over the others we had visited We are due to start this coming weekend... I have to wait for the witch to turn up and then its all go........... am so excited now  ;D

I hope everyone else is ok??

Love and hugs

Debs
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi Fidget,

Yes I totoally agree that's it's Mrs Nargund's holistic and caring approach that wins you over. And she also happens to spend alot of time doing more research - a very intelligent lady.

I'm so pleased that you're about to start and looking forward to following your progress. Good luck with it all.

We saw her at the Raynes Park clinic as we live in Wimbledon - but did you say you go to St Georges?

Regards to all!

·
Premium Member
5,388 Posts
Hi ,

yes we go to St.Georges house Clinic in Raynes park, its a bit of a hop up the A3 but ohh so worth it  :)

Debs
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
630 Posts
Hi girls,

Sorry I've been a bit illusive for the past week but we moved house last Friday so I have been very busy - and we haven't had an internet connection.

I had my appointment with Geeta Nargund yesterday, and as you say Memphis, I found it very informative and confirmed some suspicions I had in relation to high doses of drugs. She was so down to earth and very critical of some of the protocols out there. We don't have any MF problems so I went along on my own. I am unexplained, apart from having some endometriosis and she did express concern at how quickly I was pushed down the IVF route before other alternatives were investigated.

Like you Memphis I am having the MOT - starting next cycle - which should be mid to end of this month. At the end of that she will give me a realistic percentage chance for natural cycle or minimal stimulation ivf. Then it is my decision whether I am prepared to go forward with it. She says she will be brutally honest with me in terms of my chances, which is what I need at this stage.

Hope the  ^witch^ arrives soon Debs so you can get going.

All the best,

Holly

1 - 20 of 108 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.