Thank you everyone for all your kind congratulations - we are gradually getting used to the idea as we had been prepared by the clinic that it was a low chance of success - my last words to the consultant before we went for EC were 'I will prove you wrong' and it looks like we did!
Wiggie - good for you 2 embies perfect and a day 2 transfer - perfect - I hope you aare going for Acupuncture after your transfer or on the Monday - I am sending you all my positive thought and luck for the next 2 weeks.
Claire - Any decisions yet on how you might want to move forward?
Juicy - have a lovely time at you cousins wedding and more importantly in the swanky hotel
I am wishing youeself and Claire all the luck in the world - lets get some more BFP's on this thread
Incon - hope you are ok
Edenbliss - thanks for your kind words - are you having any treatment at the moment ?
Has it sunk in yet Lorraine?!!! did you know your hcg levels and when do you have a scan? so pleased for you!!
I qualify in June as reflexologist but live in cheshire so I guess that's no use to anyone !!! - just finished all my case studies what a weight off!! I'm going to specialise in infertililty etc as obviously we all know what it's like and i often find that many complementary therapists aren't that clued up about hormone levels, vits etc so wanted to be able to really help people -... going to do a maternity reflexology diploma as well so I'm trained for pregnancy/labour etc as well as covering infertility.
Still in a big quandry about what to do! got follow up appt with ARGC at 2 on 29th May and Create at 12 - I wonder how long I'll be kept waiting at Create as I changed my appt to 2 with my clinic just in case! these places are never on time!
Can't decide whether to try my luck with a low stimm cycle and even see if they'll freeze my embies and then when immune system quietened down have transfer after that... or even move my frozen ones to ARGC then? bit cheeky you think? and how presumptious of me that'll it will work out that nicely!!! mind you if I only get one fertilised egg can it not be your decision to freeze it? arrghh!!!! no idea what to do!!
Or just wait a lot longer and have one go with ARGC or Lister possibly and take dhea etc. it doesn't help being a libran you know --- I am so indecisive plus money is a huge factor!!
Juicy - will be interesting to see what ARGC say to me about my protocol this time given the disaster of last---- i doubt they will suggest the protocol Lister have said for you... sounds like that's what I need.... it drives me mad at ARGC that they want your fsh to be right and your oestrodial levels, when they finally hit right one month .. you go for scan and then they often say there's a dominant follicle so no go!
Wiggie - good luck and hope your embies are fast burying in there!! sit in the sunshine lots I'm sure that helped me when i had an fet...
Fab news about your reflexology Claire - i hope you are able to build up a good client base soon
If you have the time then I would say you have nothing to lost by doing a low stim approach - go for it
I must admit I deliberately did not ask for my levels as if it was low I would worry too much as to whether it was increasing sufficiently each day and I am not given anohter blood test so have nothing to compare with anyway. First scan is DH's birthday 4th June
I must admit it felt funny being at work today knowing that only one of them knows!
Can I join your thread to ask a couple of questions?
I have just finished the 2ww on my 2nd IVF (standard) and got a BFN!
My hubby and I are not quite ready to throw in the towel yet but want to look at our options. We are self funded and promised ourselves we would try three times and then call it a day so that means my next time would be my last (very scary thought).
My question is this, what is natural IVF, I have heard that it is less expensive but also has lower success rates?
Juicy did one cycle natural IVF, I'm sure you could PM her about it..... Good luck with your decision-making
Mani - good luck for your next cycle in July, I'm sure the appointment that you mentioned on the other thread will be fine in terms of starting soon after, as they can usually get the drugs out very quickly once they have agreed you can go ahead
Hi to Lorraine, Incon, Julianne, ClaireP, Eden, have a great bank hol weekend
Just wondered how you are getting on? do you feel pregnant yet? it must still be surreal and have you had a scan yet?
this thread is very quiet these days..... I had my review with ARGC and Create but I am still none the wiser about what to do, Geeta was very straight talking as I was led to believe and said that I had about a 10% chance of it working which I thought was really low, on a mild stimm cycle providing I get enough follies to start with. ARGC still think I should have another go so they aren't writing me off but it such high stakes there with all the money especially the immune part of the tx and they said I may only get between 3 and max of 6 eggs if I try again.
Gosh Claire thats such a hard decision to make isnt it - there is so much to weigh up as the price I am sure is very different between create and argc.
What I can advise is that one clnics idea of mild is different to anothers so in my expereince at Create I was on 150 Gonal F (and got 8 eggs even though they only planned for 3-5) but when I transferred to LFC this was decreased to 100 (expected to get 3-5 eggs) and I only got the 1 egg so it might be worth actually getting the medication protocols for you to help with your decision. Different clinic definitely interpret the word MILD differently!!
As for me I have a scan on 4th June. I am starting to feel sicky from about 3am which isnt great as I am missing valuable sleep but I cant complain otherwise .
I am itching to get back in the swimming pool but have ben advised to leave it for 3 months
My 2ww is over, unfortunately a BFN. We are speaking to other clinics over the summer to see whether worth another go with own eggs. Off on hols to Corsica next week.
The good news is that LFC do a free 15 mins consultation!! Have booked to go and see them on 25th June. Also done an online consult with IVI Alicante. And trying to arrange an appointment with the Lister.