Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ladies,

I have had a number of fails now with no explanation as to why. Healthy grade 1 embies, good lining, just cannot understand.
Having spoken with a few ladies, they suggested I asked my consultant about NKC's. He basically said that there was nothing they could do re NKC and the test would be very expensive and he was reluctant to do it, and said actucally there would be nothing that could be done about it. I just don't believe that can be the case.
Can anyone explain to me in more detail what this is and what can be done about it?
thank you
TT xx

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Hello Tilly,

Im no expert on the subject and im sure someone will be along to explain it in more detail.. but i was told the same thing by my last consultant, that the tests are a waste of time and not to bother.. The problem was that he was adamant he wouldnt do them so we had no choice but to move to a clinic that would do the tests but also be able to treats us...  We decided to transfer our tx over to Care and see Dr Ndukwe. I have had a series of tests, one being an NK assay panel which has showed that my NK cells are elevated.. He said that they like to see a level of below 15, but mine are 27.. he is convinced this is why my embryos dont implant.. so my next tx will be with immune meds..

I am so glad we have gone down this route.. DP was a little hestitate about it as he thinks all clinics are the same.. However he has changed his mind since he has read about the subject and seen Dr Ndukwe.. It cost me about £1100 pounds to get the tests done and i also had a pelvic blood flow study to rule out any problems with my uterus.. but at least we have some answers now..

I think you need to go with your instinct.. and mine kept saying something is wrong..

There are various meds which you can be given.. The immunological thread in starting out and diagnosis might help as their is a list of various tests.. which you can have..

Good luck hunny,

Love Bronte xx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts