·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry really being nosey now ;D ;D Jelly x

·
Registered
289 Posts
Natural delivery- both head down- only gas and air. I asked for paracetamol  and they decided to check me and they discovered i was fully dilated- good grief!!!!!! Didn't even know i was having contractions!!
Hope you are the same!
Fiona

·
Registered
937 Posts
Planned caesarean because Charlotte (twin 2) was transverse and hadn't changed position for the second half of the pregnancy.

Jules

·
Registered
241 Posts
Natural, but after complications with Grace (twin 2) I would elect for a c section if I had my time again.  There is a recent scottish study suggesting that a section is safer for twin two - not sure who posted it up here (maybe Aussie Meg??) but it makes very interesting reading...
Katie xxx

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Natural for me, wasnt allowed a c-section as both were head down  ??? 27 hour labour from feeling my first contraction to actually getting the little darlings out. 13 minutes between them.

L xx

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
There's no option for both emergency c-section?
Emergency c-section for me after a 13hr failed induction.  Did want a natural birth and it was on the cards as they were both head down, but clearly happy to stay where they were for a few more weeks and wouldn't budge ;D
x Morgan

·
Registered
240 Posts
Natural: twin 1 head down, twin 2 breech. (Didn't want a section and also wasn't hospital policy to allow one if twin 1 was cephalic)

I went into hospital thinking I'd had a small show and they were going to send me home as they didn't think I was in labour but an internal showed I was 6cm. I ended up having my waters broken after a few hours then put on a drip to speed up contractions as twin 2 had a slow heart rate. In the end I had to have forceps for twin 1 as his heart had shot up to 170bpm and then they couldn't find twin 2's heartbeat anymore so the nice (!) doctor put his hand in, grabbed her feet and pulled her out. Lovely.  ;D

I had an epidural (at their insistence) but it didn't work (made my legs numb but kept the pain) so it was gas & air (lots of!).

Hannah

·
Registered
125 Posts
As said on previous thread, Natural, with forceps for prolapsed chord. Consultant wanted  me to have emergency c section, but I really didn't want one. Said she would give it one go with forceps but of that didn't work it would have to have been a Cesarean.

Had epidural put in place (thankfully) on their advice in case there were any complications,  but still used lots and lost of gas and air because contractions were still pretty painful!

Funny thing about it though, allthough I still remember how the pain felt, considering I was in established labour for 11 and a half hours, I can only really remember a handful of contractions. Don't know where I was for that length of time, must have been high on the gas and air!!!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hi,

I was all on for a natural birth as both were head down and my waters went at 37 weeks. No contractions for 24 hours so they gave me a pessary to speed things up.

I got to 9 1/2 cms dilated when Freya's  (twin 1) heartrate showed signs of distress, so they whisked me off for a c-section. I had an epidural in which was a good thing in the end as it made getting ready for theatre quicker. It was scary but both babies were fine.

Shelly

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hiya

I had a natural birth although I did opt for an epidural. Ellis was born first and when the doctors came in to scan me after he was born, Ruby, who was breech did a flip round so that she was head down too and was born 50 minutes afterwards. Didn't feel any pain what so ever and got through the birth without a stitch in sight!!  ;)

Ali xx

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Moms...
thanks for taking time out to answer my polls........ just over half way for me and thinking about the birth ahead. I have vaginal del with my girls and so want to do the same again..was getting an idea to what the % was in twins being vaginal. Also already feeling so out of breath and fat that i was kind of hoping everyone del by 37 weeks.... :) sounds so much better than 40!!! ;D
Thanks again girls :-*
Jelly xxx

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
hiya Jelly,

both my girls were head down and i wanted to try for a natural birth so was given the go ahead!! Only frustrating thing was being hooked up to the heartbeat monitor the whole time which means you can't really move around much.
Was coping well with the Tens machine and gas and air initially but the contractions were too painful so I had an epidural... although this had to be topped up 3 times as it wasn't working! ::)
Labour lasted 15 hours from my waters breaking. had to have an episiotomy though (ouch!) :(

good luck
Love Nicx

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.