Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:)hi everyone at FF

I discovered you a week or so ago and I'm really pleased to have done so.

I have replied a few times but as I'm only just finding my way round a PC I'm ashamed to say i only figured out how to put my own message up yesterday :-[ Now i have i wanted to introduce myself properly.

I'm 28 and married with a gorgeous 14 month old son. I was diagnosed with PCOS when i was 16, told by a Dr[MALE] that women would love not to have periods and i should consider myself lucky and come back when I'm ready to have a family! He failed to mention I'd lose hair on my head but sprout it everywhere else! or the low mood, loss of self esteem and the fear of living with the knowledge i might never have a child, which as my dream has always been to have a Waltons size family it seemed such a devastating illness.

However last year by complete surprise i fell pregnant naturally, utter shock as I've only had 1 period and that was in 1989! which caused a raised eyebrow or two plus confusion with the midwife when i went to book in.

My son was born by c section [there was no budging him, he was too comfy in there!]. I was told afterwards my pcos had gone most likely due to pregnancy hormones but could well come back, which it did so here i am. I feel a bit selfish as i know how fortunate i am to have one child but i would love to have more [i guess i spent too many sunday mornings watching the Waltons].

I started my first cycle of clomid 37 days ago, 100% sure i did O 14/15 days since, test today a definite neg, but its first try, so far from over, this fattish lady ain't singing yet.

So pleased to have found FF suddenly I'm not the only one with a body that isn't keeping to the rules!

·
Registered
525 Posts
Hi Clairabeth,

Dont worry about the posting etc, when I first joined I was ready to give up as I couldn't figure it out at all, now its a normal part of my day to check the site and see what everyone is up to.

I am pleased that you have found the site, so many people here will be able to support you though your journey.

Wishing you the very best of luck,

Kty ^Cuddle^

·
Premium Member
4,610 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts