Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey girls - any advice be great

I recently queried about gestone which was great so thank you all for your replies but the last few days ive had a itch rash appear on both bum cheeks around where we inject..its bright red and very itchy at times!What I find odd is that ive been on these gestone injections now for 4 weeks and only just come out past few days.

Anyway went to see my consultant as he wanted to take a look and he said could be a localised rash and thinks I should give myself a break of the injections and do the cyglogest for a few days to see if helps. He is lovely. he knows how I feel about the pessaries as I just dont have much faith in them for some reason, no idea why but my cycle failed last year and Im convinced gestone helped me this time. He did say the placenta starts to take over at 6 weeks so I will be producing my own progesterone anyway so cyclogest is jsut as good! but I really dont want to use them!! he said I could take piriton to see if helps also as safe in pregnancy but Im wary of doing this also!!

Am I being too fussy? wht you girls think? would it be safe to come off gestone and onto pessaries for a few days? I really dont want to but if the rash gets worse ill have to..I think its where a little of the liquid has got on my bum and made me itch..

xxxxxxxx

·
Registered
41 Posts
I too was on Gestone injections until 12 weeks.  I injected in my bum but I also injected into my thighs as well.  I found with 4 sites it gave each site a bit of time to recover before the next injection.  The thigh injections are not particulary pleasant but not overly painfull. 

I also had  quite a bad rash at one point on one of my thighs and the hospital said it was a skin infection so I was treated with a course of pregnancy safe antibiotics.

I am now 23 weeks and although my injections have now finished I still have marks at all of the injection sites.  But I figure it's worth it in the end!!  I have never had the cyclogest so I can't say whether or not they are better or worse - all I can say is that the gestone worked for me.

Hope this helps

Angel

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I was allergic to Gestone, had a horrible, red itchy rash from it!

It does come in at least two varieties, one is sesame oil the other is olive oil though that it is thicker. I used the one in sesame oil

Only managed to make it to 12 weeks by switching to increased Cyclogest and Gestone every other day. I still have one lump and a numb patch from one of the injections sites, guess we must have hit a nerve....

Does anyone know will it be numb for ever??!!!

Jules xxx

·
Registered
7,903 Posts
Hay Chick,

Sorry about your bum!!  ;D

I have terrible hayfever and was told not to take any anti-histimines in fisrt tri and piriton in 2nd?? If you do a search on hayfever there was a thread about it, think most GPs don't reccommend taking it until 2nd tri.

Hope your well hon.

X

1 - 4 of 4 Posts