Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Attending first consultation at swansea on wed, got a few quests but would like some ideas as at mo feel a bit down about it all.  Husband has v. low s count, our NHS cons has said this is the cause of our prob, I had lap but no probs.  Would appreciate any help/ideas!!! Also any feedback if anyone has used this private clinic before.

Hope to hear from you soon

Daisylou

·
Registered
407 Posts
Hi Daisy,
Goodluck for wednesday... as for questions to ask, if you go to the HFEA website I think it is www.hfea.gov.uk and open up the guide / directory of clinics they have produced you will be able to look up your clinic but also at the back it has a list of useful questions to ask.
my main ones would be:
1) what % of women my age and with our specific problem have you treated
2) what is your live birth rate for women of my age having icsi
3) what is and isn't included in the cost (drugs often aren't)
4) waiting time for treatment

best of Luck, hopefully you will feel more positive with the first consultaion out of the way
Take Care
Alli

·
Premium Member
1,565 Posts
Hi there Daisylou,

Best of luck for Wednesday.

I'm sure they will do a new semen analysis, but we found that it was very useful and it gave us a much better idea about our problem than the NHS one did.

Do your clinic have any restrictions or qualifications which you have to meet? Such as BMI (may not be an issue for you of course).

Also ask about the support they offer both practical who to phone if you have any technical questions about your cycle and if the counselling which can be very helpful.

Finally, best of luck for a good cycle.

Edna

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hi Daisylou - I honestly can't remember what we talked about during our first consultation but you do get an awful lot of information which isn't always easy to absorb until you get home and you wish you had asked more questions !

Are you at Cromwell Swansea ? DH had his PESA there. We are at Cromwell Cardiff and our previous EC/ET were at London Cromwell. This time however we are going to Swansea as they were in the Top 5 best clinics in the recent HFEA league tables. Each time I have been there the staff have been wonderful so I don't think you have anything to fear.

Best of luck with it & mail me anytime if you have any questions

B x

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
::) ::)
Thanks so much girls!!!  It's really nice communicating with others who are potentially/are going through the same.  I appreciate all your feedback, Ive noted all your questions and Ive got them ready in my pack along with a few we'd already put together.  For the last few days I'm noticed I'm becoming more of an emotional wreck!  Not consciously thinking about appointment, but must be there at back of my mind.  Same to for my hus as he's well tense.  Tension at our house tonight is awful, think we've both got mixed emotions, especially anger and sadness.  Doesn't really help in work as theres 2 girls girls in my office preg and thats all they talk about all day (I'm not being nasty or unhappy for them) i just feel a little bit empty and sad knowing that it's not going to be that easy and straight forward for me.  I haven't told them my situation.

Buddug, yep I'm going to Cromwell swansea, as it's in top 5, one of the main reasons we choose it and also because its most local, nearly in par with cardiff.  Although we are on NHS w/l for CARU but you know how long the NHS w/l are!!!! I work for NHS, so i know that can't really do much about it. Have you started tx there yet?  If so was it icsi and can you choose when to start?

Again thank you all for helping me feel a bit better and definitely more normal!
Daisylou

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.