Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm on a short protocol, cd9, ec due sometime end of this week.
I had a scan this morning, and had approx 15 follicles.  Quite a few smaller ones clumped together (not sure if they were included in the 15).

Anyway, I've been kind of short of breath over the last few days which the nurse noticed, and she did a blood test - which I thought was for checking for ohss, but maybe not. (I had put it all down to stress).

I've just been called and have to go back for a scan wednesday.  I asked what were the results of the blood test and was told the level was low.

I finally asked 'level of what?' and was told my oestradiol level was 1100. I really don't know how bad this is.
She said that with 15 follicles, they would expect to see a level of 5000.

Please can anyone help me out on this as I'm really concerned that things aren't going well - the difference in expected and actual level today seems huge.

·
Premium Member
4,304 Posts
hi Kathy

Cant really give you much advice but in my expeirnce the oestrogen levels can leap from one day to the next. Yours does seem low for that many follies though. Maybe they want to recheck it to check the result is accurate. At my worst mine shot up to 27,000 which was far, far too high. My last clinic will only do EC if under 10,00 so you cant win!

Good Luck

Love Lou xxxxx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can anyone tell me what oestradiol levels should be on cd11.

I'm doing ivf (short protocol-cetrotide/gonal f).  At the scan I had 15 follies, and some small ones in clumps which were difficult to count.

The clinic said for this amount they would have expected a level of
My level was 1100 and now I'm really worried it's all going wrong.   I was expecting ec end of this week.

I would have normally quizzed and asked the Dr all about it, but for the first time a nurse did the scan and phone call, and I don't feel confident about anything any more.

Already posted this a couple of times yesterday and still no reply  :(, so if anyone can help, much appreciated,

Thanks, KathY

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
Hi kathy sorry please don't get your hopes up that I'm going to be of any help to you, I know nothing about oestradiol - never even had mine measured, just scans.  but I just wanted to say I hope it's all OK - it maybe that if you've got that many follies but they're small and oestradiol's too low they might just stim you for longer till your EC, or they might coast you for a few days. 

Drink lots of water and milk (soya's fine), and eat protein so you reduce the risk of hyperstimulating. Although it doesn't sound too likely that you will.

Alot depends on the size of the follies - how big were they?  My clinic wasn't too bothered about oestradiol but they triggered EC if you had 5 follies over 16mm.
Best of luck, try not to panic.

Claire x

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.