Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

I am twelve days into my dreaded ^2ww^ and on saturday went to the loo and wiped and had brown discharge, this carried on most of the day but only when wiped.  Sunday morning woke up and went to loo and wiped again and it was brown and dark black red, which continued lightly for most of the day, yesterday and today have had slight red blood mostly when wipe.  I did an early test this morning and was bfn., so i called the clinic to get some advise, they said is it a big bleed, i said no, she said do you think it is your period, i said well yes think so dont really know, so i was advised to stop all cyclogest immediately and just wait for an appointment for four weeks time. 

I am wondering now having looked on other threads whether they have been a bit to hasty in stopping my treatment before otd, so my question is shall i continue with cyclogest and test again on thursday or shall i just give up and take this as not worked???  Honest answers please i can take it. XXXXXXXXXX

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
Hi

Far be it from me to advise you to disregard what your clinic have told you I am not medically qualified and therefore you shouldn't take my advice as professional in any way! ;)  HOWEVER, I would continue with the cyclogest until OTD the likelihood is that this is AF and it will remain a BFN but there's always that chance that it's a late implanter and it might still be snuggling in.  For the sake of two more days I'd carry on with the Cyclogest and for what it's worth as someone who always bleeds early that's what my clinic recommend!

^hugme^ ^hugme^ I'm sorry you're going through this! :(

Axxxxx

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi

Have to say I totally agree with Amanda here....and as she says, none of us are medically qualified and wouldn't usually go against professional clinic opinions......but lots of women get some bleeding/spotting and still go on to get a BFP.

I too would wait until your official test day before stopping the progesterone, especially as it's only a couple more days.

I know it's easy to think it's all over....and I always bleed before test day and whilst mine have sadly ended in BFNs, that's not to say yours definitely will.

Keeping fingers crossed that the bleeding stops and you get a BFP in a couple more days.

Good luck
Natasha

·
Registered
7,355 Posts
Hi,

If it helps at all I had the same thing happen to me on my recent IVF cycle - was 9 days into 2WW but day 27 of cycle so I was pretty sure it was AF. Tested and was BFN. Rang the clinic who told me to continue with cyclogest and re-test on official test day. Which I did and it was still BFN - but at least I felt I'd done all I could....

So I'd say carry on with the cyclogest if only for your own peace of mind

Good luck,
Laura

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers guys, going to carry out with treatment for one more full day and then do test on thursday morning, if bfn then its bfn, can have a wine then.  yippee.  XX

·
Registered
938 Posts
Dolly - just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you  ^hugme^  xxxxx

·
Premium Member
11,096 Posts
Good luck Dolly xx

·
Registered
71 Posts
Good luck Dolly I hope you are ok  ^hugme^