Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, hope you can help me with some advice! :)

I did a urine test today, 11 dpt, and got a faint positive!  I've since rung my clinic and the nurse said to be "quietly excited" as it could be a false negative... it's been more than 14 days since hcg trigger injection for EC, and am currently using Crinone progesterone gel, last dose tommorrow morning..... how likely is it to be a false positive? She said the progesterone might cause a false reading. I've never had 2 lines on a pg test before! Help!

^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

~Natt~

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Progesterone does not cause false positives!! Where has this myth come from as I hear it all the time! As you have said it is ages since your trigger, I do believe you are pregnant!!! ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Best Wishes,

Ruth

·
Registered
30 Posts
hi nattkatt just letting u know i got a positive 12 days after et and done one everyday since and got bfp everyone i phoned hospital and they said if a result comes up positive it is not a wrong result as u cannot have a negative positive u can only have a negative that could be a positive looks good to me so enjoy!!!!!!love mandy123 xxxx

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
NattKatt

Me too I tested early... 10 dpt and 11dpt got me a bfp too.

Congrats sweetheart xxx

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
EEP!

Thanks for your responses everyone :)

I tested again this morning (naughty me), using an over the counter test not designed to detect early, and AGAIN same result - faint positive, but definately a line!

I just rang the clinic today as I thought I was getting symptoms of OHSS  ??? I told her about the tests, getting a different nurse this time - and she said I have to discount the positive results, and pretend I never did them  :mad: She said that the Crinone DEFINATELY will give a positive result, as she knows 'from experience' with other patients.... I said to her 'since when does progesterone contain hcg?' and she said "I DUNNO"!!!!!! I think I cornered her.... but she did say with all the symptoms I have, it "might" be good news  ???

For the last 2 nights I've had the worst cramps about 3 hours after falling asleep!! After I get up to pee, they subside after about 5 minutes.... feel like really bad AF cramps, but they go away, and there's no bleeding........

Still feeling VERY confused!  :eek: Am at work now, get extremely tired soooooo quickly, breathless if I walk too far (ie: 10 metres  ;D), feel very full in the tummy, and it feels like I've done a major abdo workout at the gym!

Hoping it's normal

~Natt~

·
Registered
89 Posts
Fingers and toes crossed for the posative you are hopeing for.....

^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

^goodluck^ ^goodluck^ ^goodluck^ ^goodluck^ ^goodluck^

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Nattkatt - I've got everything crossed for you hun  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ try not to test again until the morning of your official test (easier said than done I know!).

Nic G xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts