Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I was hoping for some input on my present worries. I have been using opk and bbt for last 6 months. Whenever I check my opk I have always followed the same sort of pattern, that is I start testing day 10 and get a feint line which gets darker as days go by until a positive result is obtained on day 14-16. This is then confirmed with bbt rising a few days later. This month I started testing day 10 and got a feint line again, however all subsequent tests are not getting a test line  or so feint it is barley visable. I am not doing anything different, same brand of opks, same test times etc What has happened to my LH levels? I know it is normal to get no second line until surge, but never been for me so I'm worried. The only thing that is different this month is I have been eating much healthier and have probably lost a few pounds, but I can't see how that would have any bearing on it. I am planning FET next month on a natural cycle and this has really shook my confidence. I am on day 14 now so I know ovulation still has time to happen but just not following my usual pattern. Any advice would be great.

Thanks Victorioussunrise

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Hi there,

Not sure I can offer any words of wisdom but I didn't want to read and run as I know how stressful it can be waiting for peak fertility.

I know that ovulation can occur MUCH later than day 14 - last month my peak came on day 21  :eek:  this month it was day 17 (I'm currently seeing an acupuncutrist to try and regulate my cycles, and bring ovulation date forward) but I'm not sure why yours would suddenly change if you're normally very regular? 

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will be along soon.

Good luck with your FET  ^reiki^

Shill xx

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply Shill

My mind is at rest now, I retested later that day with my usual brand and a clear blue (same urine sample) and whereas in the past my usual brand has been more sensitive than clear blue it seems the opposite for this batch, as again I got no line on usual brand but a clear line on clear blue. I then tested the following day (15) and got a positive surge on both. I am now feeling much happier. Isn't it crazy how the smallest things can send us into a frenzy of worry.

Victorioussunrise

1 - 3 of 3 Posts