Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I am new this group. I have read a lot of the forums before but being a very private person have never had the nerve to join until now.
Mine is a bit of a long story. My husband and started trying about 3 years ago. After 8 months i went for investigations which showed that i had a pituitary adenoma causing hyperprolactanemia. I went on parlodel and after 10 months i fell pregnant naturally only to miscarry at 7 and a half weeks. Needless to say we were devastated.
Since then it has been tough for us. We tried for another 6 months before turning to clomid cycles and then IUI. All failed. My Doc is amazed that it didn't work as i responed to very well to treatment and he says i am very fertile. He suggested IVF last October which we have decided not to do at the moment. My husband and i found the treatments and side effects very stressful.
I have tried alternative medicines from acupuncture to Bodytalk. I am still on the Bodytalk route and according to that there is nothing physical or mental stopping me conceiving.
I have just had a negative cycle and am fairly upset about it. I live in Asia and there are very few people that i can talk to here about all of this. The only person here in the same position as me has just fallen pregnant and i have taken it really badly.
I am finding it harder to cope with the failures every month and not sure how much more i can take. It's frustrating when physically there is nothing to prevent me falling pregnant.
Any advice would be great.

Many thanks

Yellis

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Hello Yellis

Welcome to FF.

I am sorry to hear all you and DH have been through.  I am sure you will find loads of people to talk to on here and EVERYONE is so supportive !!

There is a negative cycle board where people who have recently had negative cycles can chat and help each other.  There is also an in-between treatment board as well.  Please dont be shy !!!

Good luck for the future and I am sure you will soon have made some good friends and have some support to help you through this hard time.  ^reiki^

Love

Tashja xx

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hi Yellis,
we have all been there with negative cycles and i totally sympathize with your m/c which is devastating and does shatter your confidence. All I can say is that the probability is that you will conceive again but the waiting game is so hard ... I found it very helpful to have a time frame in mind for example we will try IVF next January if I don't fall pg before it kind of gives you something to work towards and an "accepted" period of time to try naturally without kicking yourself. You will find many people here who have been, and are, exactly where you are now so take as much support as you need.
LOL
Sara x

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Sara and Thasja,

Thank you so much for your replies. I have been really struggling to get in the right frame of mind for the coming month and all that "trying". My husband has been wonderful and i know how difficult it is for him too. We both want this so much. I have to admit that i have days of feeling like a complete failure for not being able to conceive.
The irony of the whole thing is that it has made our marriage stronger.

Thanks

Yellis

·
Registered
88 Posts
hi there nice to meet you i just wanted to say that im sure all of us on this site have felt like a failure whilst ttc at some stage in the tx,i always tell myself that one day i will achieve my dream and just pray it comes true i hope you stay strong and have a great life together sorry to read of your m/c and i hope your dream will also come true one day all the best with ur tx.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Hi Yellis
you have come to the right place if you feel like talking!  Its a great place to air your views and talk and still have some privacy. Just wanted to welcome you to FF and i'm sure we will chat again somewhere on this board. I dont have too much advice for you as it seems like you are doing everything you can (from acupuncture etc) - perhaps having a place for you to vent your feelings and let them out physically and emotionally is just what you need .....
wishing you luck
^rainbow^ ^fairydust^ ^rainbow^

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
Hi Yellis,
I have only one thing to say:
YOU ARE NOT A FAILURE  ^hugme^ 
and if we can do one thing for you on this site it's stop you feeling like you are.

Talk away, we're all here listening.

lots of love,
Claire x

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone for the support. It means a lot to me. I've never really had anyone to talk to that really understands. You can only discuss it with your partner for so long!
We start again at the weekend and i am beginning to start feeling more positive about it.
Yellis

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.