Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
  hi, I am new to this site and am looking for some supporting friends that are going through or have gone through the IVF process. My hubby and I just went through our first IVF cycle and our embryo's didn't develope, so we never got to implant them. It is very stressfull. We are both taking it pretty hard and I just would like to have someone to talk to that understands how I am feeling. He tries, but he is a man..ya know...  ??? We are going to go through another cycle in a few months. I need a little break and I want to try and get my confidence up first. If anyone would have told me how stressfull this is in the beginning, I never would have believed them. WOW..thank you
I was wondering if there is anyone here going through IVF just because they had a tubal. No other problems. Hubby and I don't have any other problems, just a tubal about 6 yrs ago. And we can't figure out why are eggs didn't develope. We just had our first cycle of IVF and it failed. The doctor believes it was just a bad batch of eggs. Everything was perfect from the first sec. All blood work the whole way through was perfect. The med dosages were perfect and my body responded exactly like it should have. Had 15 eggs and 10 of those fertilized, which doc said was perfect. But after 3 days they didn't develope anymore. I really need some confidence right now. I am thinking that maybe I did something wrong. I took off the whold month, so that I wouldn't stress and mess anything up, but I don't understand. If anyone can give me any advice on what I did or didn't do, it would help sooo much. I am so lost and depressed right now. My hubby and I are kinda going through a tough time right now, due to all of the stress. I just need some support. Thank you in advance...

·
Premium Member
20,592 Posts
^hello^
& Welcome to FF Danielle_07 ^hugme^

The IVF is very stressful, and when things dont go to plan it makes it every bit as hard as a bfn at the end of a 2ww, I am glad youve found and posted on FF, as within these message boards you will find Fun, Friendships and support as you embark on your Second IVF ^hugme^
Do they know why your embryo's didn't develop ???

I am going to leave you some direct links to boards here on FF - that you may or may not have found, I would like to encourage you to post in these areas to build friendships and support from members who really do have an understanding of your situation,You may find there is an active running thread for ladies having treatment at the same clinic as you check both the ICSI & IVF boards as we don't have separate clinic threads for each.

IVF General CLICK HERE

ICSI Follow up Questions use the ones that apply
CLICK HERE

While undergoing treatment, you might find it useful to join other ladies having treatment at the same time.
The Cycle Buddies threads are just for that. You will fnd a thread, usually with a funny/inspiring name for this year's buddies.
Just pop along to the appropriate month and say "Hi" when you are ready to start treatment.
For Cycle buddies -
CLICK HERE

Starting out & Diagnosis ~
CLICK HERE

What Every New Member Needs to Know
CLICK HERE

FERTILITY INFO GUIDES
CLICK HERE

Inbetween treatment
CLICK HERE

And don't forget to have a bit of fun while you are on FF and check out the general chit chat / jokes / hobbies area
G&B – Community Fun board
CLICK HERE

To make the site easier to navigate click on the index tab at the top of any page - pink hearts mean there is something new within the board you have not read/looked at and if you scroll right down you will see the last ten posts from all over FF all are clickable ;) if you refresh this page (f5) it will update the last ten posts as well as the boards/threads and who's online!!!
take some time to look at the help tab too ;)

Check out the Locations boards for where you live & a site search for your clinic ;)

Wishing you Friendship ^fairydust^ & ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
^goodluck^ Dont forget to let us know how you get on!

If you need any help just ask!

~Dizzi~
^willy nilly^

·
Premium Member
10,615 Posts
danielle

im so sorry for the stress, i understand how hard this is. i guess by tubal you mean ectopic and ive had one of those that being my ivf reason. i wouldent say that the eggs not progressing was your fault hunny. there is nothing you can do, its out of your control. it really does mess with your confidence, as a woman, i know i think that has been the bit that has most affected me too.

just wanted to say im here for you hun  ^hugme^ if you try again hopefully you will get a good responce and that will help you confidence wise  ^hugme^ ^hugme^

·
Premium Member
13,830 Posts
Hi Danielle and welcome to the site :)

You have come to a fantastic site full of advice and support.

Im so sorry to read about what you have been through and that your embryos didnt develop. This cannot be an easy time for you but this site will support you as much as it can as everyone is lovely and friendly and its nice to talk to people who are in the same boat. I wish you luck for the future.

Kate xx

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all soo much for your support. I am getting ready to start my cycle again. I start my bcp in a few days and start my injections on aug. 6th. I hope we have a pgt this time. I am hoping that last time was just a fluke. I will keep everyone posted. God bless and I will be praying for you all as well.

·
Premium Member
10,615 Posts
danielle since my last post it has worked for me and we are the same as you 2, only problem is tubal damage  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

p.s you said you took a month off i think that personally that is too long i took a lot of time off the first time but the 2nd time i worked through it and tried to behave as normal as possible and it worked that time. try and carry on as normal and eat your 5 fruit and veg a day  ^hugme^ the only thing i really changed 2nd time was taking pregnacare and omega (all in one pack from supermarket about £11).

good luck  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thank you for your response.I am glad to hear that you have about the same problem as me. What is the omega and other vitamin that you took? Where do you think I would be able to find it? You are right, the first time I took all that time off and went crazy doing nothing all that time. And it put a strain on our finances. I work in the hospital, only 3 days a week, 12 hr days. I will just do that and most of my normal routine. I am pretty active, I enjoy going to the gym, last time all I did was sleep most of the time. Do you think it is still safe to do mild workouts, weights and cardio? I am praying that it works this time. It puts soo much stress on myself and my dh. I hope that we can become friends and keep in touch. Thank you again. D..

·
Premium Member
10,615 Posts
danielle - hiya  ;D

Its called Pregnacare PLUS and its £11 you can get it in Morrisons

yeah too much time off sends me loopy!! i get all self absorbed!!

i wouldent sleep all the time but i wouldent go to the gym hunny. your body needs to concentrate on what its doing not on a workout. walking is fine, general activity, keeping busy, get plenty sleep. eat 5 fruit and veg a day. fruit juice can help that being easier. i try to drink milk when i remember for calcium. try and forget about it?!!! well as much as you can, watch dvd, go cinema, go work. carry on as normal as you can.

after my first ivf ET i felt almost immobilised? darent move?!! freaked out over the responsibility being handed back to me. so i learnt from that and second time after ET went straight to asda!!!
they are pretty safe in there just dont lift anything too heavy or let yourself get stressed/over exert yourself

best of luck xxxxx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts