Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I had my AF on day 9 after ET (and ET was 3 days after EC). During this time I was taking cyclogest twice a day. I have read in other parts of this site that cyclogest prevents / delays AF, but from my perspective I actually seemed to get AF early. As I want to find out why my ICSI isn't working, could this give me any clues? E.g should I be taking a higher dose of cyclogest or not taking it at all?

thank you

Rosy

·
Premium Member
6,624 Posts
Rosy,

Unfortunately I think it's 'just one of those things'.

Having done five cycles of ICSI now - I had af arrive at all different times - on one occasion it arrived on day 8, which totally threw me. Other occasions it arrived pretty much as soon as I stopped the Cyclogest.

Sorry to hear your cycle has failed.

All the best for future attempts.

Love,

Sue xxxxxxx

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hi Rosy

Sorry to hear your icsi didn't work :(

On my second to last icsi cycle I also bled on day 9 after my et. My nurse mentioned something call leuteal phase defect or something like that.

So what they decided to do on my next icsi cycle was give me a hcg injection a week after my et. This did the trick. However I still got a negative :( .

I hope this helps and I wish you the very best of luck.

Natalie xx

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hi Rosy!
I am sorry to read that your ICSI didn't work. I bled early in my first cycle and was using pessaries then. Because of that, I have been prescribed gestone which my lovely dh has to inject into my bum every night. May be worth a mention at your next consultation.

I wish you lots of luck!!

A x

1 - 4 of 4 Posts