Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am seriously stressing out here - can anyone tell me if post-ICSI interferes with your cycle??

My last period came 7th Sept 11dpet confirming what we had suspected from the beginning that our first attempt at ICSI had failed.  I have been climbing the walls for the last week dreading the witch to arrive witha secreyt hope that a miracle would happen.  I have tempted fate by buying tampons and wearing my best white undies - furious knicker checking has still revealed nothing.  I'm now day 30 - my usual cycle is 29 days  - and I'm starting to get my hopes up - but I've promised myself not to test until tommorrow - in truth i'm really scared that it'll be negative (and I'm kind of enjoying the little role plays in my head telling everyone that we are pregnant, blissfully unaware of the truth!!)

So I thought I do the ultimate fate-tempter and ask for expert opinion, knowing in my heart that in doing so I'm just inviting the witch to party!  But, the gist of this preamble is - is my cycle expected to be irregular following Tx and am I getting my hopes up too soon??

Any thought/advice would be greatly appreciated
A x

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After I posted my message I read Choks post yesterday and more importantly the advice given by Julie to put herself out of her misery and do the test - so I humed and ahhhed for about ten minutes and then bit the bullet - and it was negative!!

It was nice while it lasted!

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
It isn´t unusual for cycles to be slightly irregular after treatment and sometimes women even miss an af.

Ruth

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hi Mandi,

Really sorry to hear about your -tive cycle..
It is really annoying, the same thing happening to me after my -tive cycle in June, and my cycle is normally 25 days, but my af decided to turn up on cd38! I was stressing and did about 3 hpts! 
Hope af turns up soon for you - they do seem to go a bit awol after cycles...

Good luck,
Kelly x

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Kelly and Ruth -

Still waiting for AF.... did another test yesterday (first response) and I've convinced myself that there is a faint line there - DH says that i'm imagining it - but we go back to the clinic on the 18th so no doubt I will be put out of my misery then.

Thanks for the advice - I'm off back to my wishful thinking!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts