Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone!

Hope you are all ok and coping with your 2ww.  I've got EC planned for 16th June and starting to get really nervous. I know I'm being a wimp but a friend who has been through IVF before said that she was aware of what was happening despite sedation!  Can anyone re-assure me that it's not that nad or do I need to start preparing myself???!! :-\

Hugs to all,

Snuggles xxx

·
Registered
80 Posts
Iya snuggles
No i didnt feel anything on the 2 occasions i hav had EC. Totally knocked out, was great!!!
Try not to worry, everyones different
Good luck
x

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Lucy L.  It's good to hear!  :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi Snuggles

Felt I HAD to reply.  I had my second ec on Monday 2nd June, have to say that both times I believed I was going to die through fear ( ^idiot^) and both times, felt nothing, new nothing and felt a complete idiot when I came round!  Please, I know it's easier said than done, but don't worry.  You will have no idea what is happening.  Take it from someone who was so paranoid and scared stiff THERE IS NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT AT ALL.  It's all over so quickly too, I am sure you will be so surprised.

I hope this helps.  GOOD LUCK, it will all be worth it in the end.

Sarahx

·
Registered
630 Posts
Hi Snuggles,
I know its different in each clinic so it depends where you are as to exactly how they do it. I am having treatment at Liverpool. I've got to say there was no one more scared than me about EC. I have big anaesthetic and sedation fears and really felt like stopping the whole treatment because i was so scared. But let me reassure you everything was fine.
I was given a mild pre-med to chill me out a bit and then a sedative 2 mins later. The worst thing i can say is that the next thing i knew i was joining into the nurses conversation-uninvited! and talking rubbish. Aside from that it was absolutely fine and if anything has helped to alleviate some of my fears.
You'll be fine.
Good Luck, Louise. xx

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Sarah and Louise.  I feel a lot better about it now.  Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.  Best of luck with your treatment.

Snuggles  :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts