Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya

I'm new to this forum, and not sure what to write.

We're due for our initial consultation for ICSI IVF in November.  I've read through the pack that the hospital has sent us & I'm a little nervous - to say the least.

The pack goes through the procedures, but it doesn't say how long it takes to complete a cycle of IVF - does anyone have a rough figure?  Our treatment should start in January - so I'm kinda figuring that - fingers crossed - by the end of February something should have happened.  Is that a close approximation?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  I feel in limbo as our appointment is 6 weeks away.

Cheers

Steph  :)

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Hello Steph

Welcome to Fertility Friends.  An average cycle takes between 6-8 weeks tops, depending on your clinic.  Most take about 6'ish weeks to run completly.

Just wanted to offer our good luck to you :)  Fingers crossed and welcome again

Amanda x :)

·
Premium Member
5,346 Posts
:) :) :) WELCOME TO FF STEPH :) :) :)

I'm afraid I can't answer your questions but I am having my first IVF consultation this Wednesday so I can understand how you are feeling. I just wanted to wish you lots of luck with your appointment and welcome you to this site. You will find support by the bucketful on here !!!

Have a look on the Inbetween Treatment thread on this site and look for ChitterChatters - you will find lots of girls who are waiting for appointments too. Just introduce yourself on there !

Jennifer
xx xx

oh - and good luck for your appt ^fairydust^

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow - I didn't realise people read posts so quickly!!! Thanks for the welcome.

·
Premium Member
29,892 Posts
Hiya steph

WELCOME TO FERTILITY FRIENDS

Wanted to wish you lots of luck with ur appt and for ur ivf/icsi cycle.

As the girls have said ivf cycle is roughly about 6 weeks but can take a bit longer in some ladies depending on their clinic.

Hope that u get ur bfp!!

Huge huggles

Emilyxx

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hiya

I used to use this site a lot before/during/just after my tx, but I haven't been on for a while and I'm not quite sure where to go.

We've decided to ttc naturally for a while - I'm desperate for a 2nd bubba but we can't afford the tx & because we already have Tobe (thru tx) we don't qualify for a free cycle (we just missed out on the free one).  Are there any girlies out there in a similar situation?  I'm not sure where to look.

Ttc is such a trying time & it's so good to talk about it with other girlies in my situation.

xxxx

^afro^ ^fairydust^

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
Hello Steph, welcome back to Fertility Friends. :)

Congratulaitons on your little man! ^congrats^ There is a board for trying for another miracle and I know quitw a lot of ladies on there are trying naturally like you:

Hoping For Another Miracle ~ CLICK HERE

And there is also a ttc naturally 2ww thread here:

2WW, Ladies in Waiting ~ CLICK HERE

You might also want to chekc out the parenting boards here:

Babydust - Parents place for chat and support ~ CLICK HERE

And don't forget to have a bit of fun while you are on FF and check out the general chit chat / jokes / hobbies area:

Girl & Boy talk - Community & Fun Board ~ CLICK HERE

You can also chat live in our excellent chat room. We have a newbie night in the chat room every week (Wednesday at 8pm), where you can meet other new members and get technical support with navigating the site and using all the functions available here. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

You can also "meet" and chat with people in your local area through the Location boards. This is especially useful to find people who may be using the same clinic and or in the same PCT area.

Wishing you lots of luck! ^reiki^

C~x

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for that - will have a look!

^bow^ ^bow^ ^bow^ ^bow^ ^bow^ ^bow^ ^bow^

xxx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts